It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:41 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey,

I'm feeling sick (actually sick, not WD sick) so I'm going to keep this fairly brief.

Last night I felt normal and didn't have any discomfort or tiredness. No aches, pains nothing. I went to bed and slept well again.

Today my stomach discomfort came back again, and I woke up feeling like I had a cold. After a while I determined it actually was a cold, and was pretty annoyed since it feels like a wrench being thrown during my taper. I'm entirely positive it's not WD though, as colds and WD feel somewhat similar but very very different at the same time. The headache I have is almost non-existent compared to WD headaches, there's no muscle pain really, and most of the irritation is in my nose (plus I'm sneezing a lot). Overall just everything about it feels different than WD which I feel like I've become very accustomed to over the past few years. You can however equate WD to the flu x 40-100 depending on the level of opiate you're on / coming off of and how bad WD's can get for you personally.

I've dosed the ~.172 again only because I feel like garbage today kinda. I hope this cold goes away as I have a pretty busy weekend ahead of me.

No new news or opinions on the efficiency of dosing this low or the liquid right now because I don't think it would be fair to judge while I'm sick.

evolved.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:32 pm 

I hope your cold comes and goes very quickly! :)

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:37 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks, Amy!

The cold has mostly passed at least the worst of it. My nose is still a bit irritated but the minor headache is gone entirely. Maybe it's the subs I dosed yesterday though.

I'm about to head out here in a few mins so I wanted to udpate real quick.

Today was another ~.172 day. I had to dose a few hours earlier than usual because I'll be out with people whom I can't dose around (and sit with liquid in my mouth unable to talk for 20 mins). Don't really think 2.5 hours is going to make much of a difference though.

My Stomach is still messed up. That's pretty much the only thing though. As of last night I felt pretty normal and with no discomfort or anything really.

I expect today to be pretty easy and since I'll be out and about it should be even easier.

I'll report back a bit later but I may try to reduce my dose again tonight. I'm really aiming to finish within the next 1MG strip so I don't have to mess with pills and potentially inconsistent doses again.

bbl,

evolved.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:13 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

It's been a rough weekend.

Yesterday I went out and ended up at a place that gave me allergies (I get allergies from some rooms for some reason, possibly dust?). Combined with the minor wd's and the cold was pretty rough. I ended up feeling half asleep for the rest of the day and overall just really crappy. I don't however think any of it was WD. The cold is still lingering though, possibly worse than it was on Friday and still around today. Allergies today are mostly gone though. WD related things are down to a minimum still.

I dosed ~.172 yesterday, and today I'm at .172 again though I broke it up into .129 and .043. However my earlier dose was pretty much nothing because I accidentally dosed on my tongue due to feeling a bit lapse brained due to everything.

Still feeling pretty tired though - I think its mostly the cold now though. The second .043 didn't really feel like it did much.

Again - I'm keeping this mostly free of opinion on the liquid right now and haven't really decreased because of all of this extra shit thats happening. Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:09 am 

Way to keep plugging!! Tapering takes so much perseverance as it is, and I think that it's great that you can maintain while also being sick.

Keep posting and we will keep reading!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:59 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I've been down to .12 for the past two days. Felt my cold was gone yesterday but it crept back this morning. I think these few years of being 100% (not sick, no allergies) is finally catching up to me.

In general though I went to bed last night with some muscle aches from the WD, and it didn't take long to fall asleep but I've been having some problems staying comfortable.

This morning was more of the same, felt normal then dosed and felt tired / achy at night. It's not bad, probably not even as bad as I felt on saturday with everything else.

I'm about to pass out here but I'm going to stick to the .12 for a few more days at least, maybe until Thurs, and then probably reduce again regardless of how stable I feel. I don't really think this will get much worse to be honest.

I've got about 2.0ML left on the syringe so assuming I go down again, I'll be at .02ML or two notches on the syringe (.12MG). Going down once more will put me at .08MG and then my final step will be from .04MG.

One thing I did notice is cravings are back at this low of a dose, but I never really had major issues ignoring those at least for now.

Though this is still fairly easy, I've not really stabilized at these lower doses in a long time. Every evening is about the same - feeling tired and needing bed.

Later!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:34 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Last night was interesting. I was insanely tired but managed to fall asleep regularly. Though my body ached before bed and I'd taken some of the RLS stuff I have here to help me sleep. The problem though was that after sleeping a bit I struggled to get comfortable and my RLS acted up mostly in my arms and shoulder / back area. Overall, I'd gone to bed earlier than usual and slept later, but probably lost about 30-45 mins to RLS symptoms during the night. I'm not overtired today.

I woke up feeling normal but that the RLS acheyness was going to come back today later since it felt really mild in my body a bit earlier. I took some potassium caps to try to ward some of this off.

Dosing .12 again today - hopefully I'll feel a bit more normal during the evening and afternoon. I'm not really expecting to though. I do have a number of other aids, those generally used to come off opiates at higher doses such as valium and kratom however I'm trying to avoid taking them all together during this detox. The valium may be relied upon once I'm off entirely for a few days just to get some sleep but I don't know if I'll need it. If 30 mins is all I'm in for in terms of lack of sleep I'm not really worried about it. But the kratom really is something I don't think I want to take especially at this low of a dose. I know a lot of people tend to believe kratom is a great aid to get off opiates and it probably can be, but I strongly believe you're trading one addiction for another, and in the end you're going to have physical WD's from the kratom as well. It's pretty much up to you if you want those symptoms to come from the suboxone or kratom, but I personally find them to be pretty similar assuming you're taking doses that end up evening you out during the process.

I haven't dosed yet and may wait a bit longer than usual to try to avoid feeling crappy this evening.

evolve.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:00 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

So last night ended up getting quite a bit easier than I'd expected. No real joint pain and no issue falling asleep or staying asleep so that RLS effectively happened on day 2 (yesterday was day 3) at the .12 dose. So what I'm thinking is if I'm stabilizing in 3 days, and based off of how much suboxone I have left from this current liquid I'm going to be off by next weekend probably. Not sure if I'm going to fit in a skip day or anything else, mostly because I'm trying to be done by or around next Weds, then take Thurs / Friday off and try to recover by Monday.

When I woke up today I actually felt some minor joint pain, and it's stuck with me until now. It's very minor though. Nowhere near like yesterday before I'd dosed, or the day before.

I'm not really nervous of the jump or worried about keeping other aids (and lots more suboxone) in my general vicinity when I detox. I have a pretty unreal desire to get better right now and I know taking more of anything really will only screw that up. That plus the idea that each day that passes I'm that much closer to being better is pretty relieving to think about.

I'll be watching a lot of netflix, and maybe playing some videogames if I can deal with it. Mostly last time I remembered just laying on my couch in agony, but I really don't expect it to get that bad.

Today's my last day at .12 - which I'll probably break up into .08 and .04 and take the .04 closer to bedtime. Not sure if this is going to do much of anything but I figure it would be an interesting experiment.

Assuming tomorrow is my first day at .08 - my real crappy day will be the following day (saturday). I'm wondering if now that I'm cutting down by .30% per dose, if the WD symptoms will be worse. Though going from 25% to 30% is not a huge difference so I'd think they'd be similar.

cya later!

evolved.

One final thought here:

Generally I tend to dose about a hour after I eat lunch or longer. If you dose earlier, say right after you eat, it's going to have a much weaker effect. For me personally, the longer I go without eating, the stronger the opiate is. Though since I'm not trying to get high, I'm not really worried about spacing it out like that. I do remember older days though when I'd avoid eating altogether to try to increase the strength of opiates. That's a problem. I think my point in telling you this though is to be sure to dose at least a hour after you eat, because you don't want to accidentally have your dose be weaker than you'd planned.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:49 pm 

I was just reading on another thread in Stopping Suboxone that another tapering member is sure that eating a low carb diet really helps with RLS. It's anecdotal for sure, but it wouldn't hurt to try it. I hope it will help! :)

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:47 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Amy,

I agree - diet is definitely paramount. I take supplements to try to counteract my crappy diet mostly potassium and magnesium. Zinc as well occasionally. The key with these really, don't overdo it. Too much magnesium can lead to stomach problems, zinc can cause poisoning, and potassium is the safest of the three but also can cause stomach issues. In the end though a greener diet is better than this, provided you can get these nutrients in your diet.

Last night I decided to reduce my dose to .08. Oddly I had almost no discomfort and no issue sleeping. It's still the first day though and I did take some L Tyrosine to allow me to push further into the day with my dose. I think the combination of those and the supplements have helped me probably. I was expecting mild RLS last night but didn't even have an issue sleeping. Didn't wake up to flip over 20 times or anything.

More or less I'll be on the .08 until Saturday and then at .04 until Weds. I'm off on Thurs + Friday. I'm expecting those days to be some of the worst, with probably the peak of how bad things get on Saturday, but I can't really be sure. If I still feel horrible on Monday I may just call out on Monday, and possibly Tues. I should be fine by then.

Depending on how bad things get I have some sleep aids that aren't valium lying around. Mostly Kava and 5HTP and melatonin. Though I think the Kava will probably be the best since it tends to lay me out pretty quickly. If for some reason I feel like these aren't working or I need ache relief I may end up taking some valium but by no means will I be taking any kratom or suboxone.

I'm pretty excited to get off. I know it's going to be difficult to some degree, but each time I reduce and don't feel much of anything it keeps me hopeful about the process.

If I disappear for a few days - don't worry. I'll be back once I get my body together. I don't know if that will be the case or not but usually when I feel like complete garbage the thought of being social, even over the computer is too much for me.

evolve.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:54 pm 

You have obviously researched this and are careful about nutrition. I just thought that one more trick up your sleeve couldn't hurt.

I completely understand when you're not feeling good the last thing you want to do is be social. I get like that too. I'll be waiting for you to come out the other side. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:04 pm 

Hey evolve :)

Just wanted to wish ya luck on everything ur getting ready to do and I think its very awesome. U have definitely prepared urself as much as ya possibly can. I have actually been offline quiet a bit due to being sick with some kind of bug and like u said, when ur sick u just don't wanna speak to anyone. I was catching up on some posts and saw urs and had to tell ya a big good luck. I am still a little under the weather and it makes me so mad cause I try to avoid germs like crazy in fear of giving something to my kids. Anyway just wanted u to know I'm still following ur progress (even feeling like crap).

Have a great day!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Evolved,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this diary/progress on your taper. I have read every one of your posts; they are truly inspirational for me. I am tapering as well, but no where close to where you are now; currently at 2mg and tapering down slowly since I've been on sub for a year. I plan to use the liquid taper once I reach -1mg, so your diary is very encouraging for me! Just reading your posts makes me think, "if this awesome chick can do it, I can do it!" I'm rooting for you and will be excited to read your upcoming posts. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:35 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Amy,

Any suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated so thank you. I like to be prepared as possible as you and others have noted. Really I think at least feeling prepared helps you with the will to get by once you're on the verge of jumping.

Jennjenn,

I hope you recover quickly! It's funny, and I think it must be the weather because there seems to be a bunch of things going around at least where I live in the northeast. Drink lots of fluids!

BadKitty,

Good luck with your taper. I think you have the right attitude to make it through. You just need to keep believing in yourself. Things might get hard, difficult or painful but in the end you're going through that to regain your life, control, a focused mind, and the will to be clean. A lifetime of normalcy is worth one week of pain any day. Let me know if you need support or anything. I'm always willing to provide advice. Best thing I can tell you about the liquid, make sure you have the right dropper/syringe when you're ready, and use the strips or potentially the non generic pills. I haven't tested non generics yet but that might work also.

PS: Not a chick but I know what you'd meant - no worries :)

For the update - Yesterday was my 2nd day at .08 and I began to feel pretty crappy so I took most of my feel better meds - L Tyrosine, DLPA, Magnesium and lots of potassium. I also ate well yesterday. Regardless, RLS was going to present itself last night. I can usually tell before hand based on a few things

A) how tired I am
B) that weird pre RLS tingling / need to move sensation
C) the beginnings of some aches / pains.

Earlier in the taper I could get away with no RLS and just aches / pains for a while but sleep fine. I think this might have to do with just how tired the larger doses made me in general, especially in the mornings.

Once I'd gotten to bed it took me a while to get comfortable, and I took some of the homeopathic RLS stuff I have laying around. That seemed to work for a few hours at least. Woke up at 7AM and felt like I couldn't get comfortable and couldn't sleep. Got up, got some gatorade (I was sweating but probably due to the heat in my room) and drank that and took more of the RLS meds (the last 3 hours supposedly). Got back to bed fairly quickly - probably within 30 mins and just slept longer than usual to make up for it.

it probably doesn't help that my apartment goes from insanely hot, to extremely cold at night. Night's usually the hardest time and the constant cold definitely doesnt help make things more comfortable.

I have some irish spring lying around. I can't really understand how this could / would work, but I'm going to probably try it once I get off since I'm expecting at least mild insomnia and some RLS as well. In addition I'll be moving a space heater from my office over to the bedroom. These two things should help at least partially.

Woke up today and the RLS was gone. Felt pretty normal I guess? Some anxiety but it was minor. I just wanted my dose pretty early today but managed to fend it off for the full 24 hrs. Those cravings paired with anxiety can be annoying, but nothing you cant just procrastinate away. I'm good at that. Be sure to always have things to take your mind off the dose regardless of how bad it feels.

Today I'm at .08 again. Feel normal though. It's been a few hours and usually by now I'll know if I'm going to have RLS later. I don't think so, but perhaps after I eat (when opaites tend to feel weaker for me) It might get a little worse? Nothing I don't think I can handle though. So it seems my initial thought is correct - Day 2 seems the worst, and I level out around day 3. I wonder if once I jump my jump will be that short. I've always had fast metabolism, and I think years of skipping probably helped shorten my potential long term agony (largely why I did it). I won't know for sure though until I jump.

Wonder what I'm going to tell my friends. We usually chat for at least a few hours each night (different friends usually) and for me to just fall off the earth will be a bit weird, but I'm expecting this to have to happen. They're pretty unaware that I'm even on suboxone or have a opiate problem. I'm one of those who'd managed to hide it pretty well.

My buddy who did make it off suboxone recently (a few weeks ago) might end up holding my suboxone for me assuming I can't handle the pain and need it out of my face. Not sure if that's going to be the case though. The way I see it right now, I cant find my stash of strips and for me to go back to the uneven generic pills in the syringe and not even be able to get my dose as small as I need would be moving backwards and impossible really.

I think my main issue / concern right now is that I really hope there's no paws this time around. I cant remember if paws was even that bad last time. But I do distinctly remember wondering when my sleep would go back to normal and when I would stop aching. It felt like it was neverending. I wasn't prepared though, and now I am. The more you know!

evolved.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Evolved,

How silly of me, assuming you are a chick. Duh, I should have thought about it more. Sorry about that!

Anyway, I am definitely determined and just reading your words has given me even more determination! You are right: it's going to be tough, but as you said, the pain and discomfort is 100% worth it to get my life back and to be free of all dependence on drugs! Thank you so much for your diary and for your offer of support/help. The only person who knows what I'm going through is my brother, and although he is supportive, he is also struggling but with his DOC, so it is really, really nice to know that I can get on this forum and find support. Thank you a thousand times!

I wish you a soft landing. I am rooting for ya, dude!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

PS, what is it with opiates and the weakened effect after eating? I have the same problem; every time I reduce my dose, after lunch, the WDs always kick in. I also have the same issue with my eating habits; I wish I could just eat rabbit food all the time but damn, there's nothing more satisfying than cheesy, lovely PIZZA. IDK, maybe it's because I'm a chick w a fast metabolism.

I hope it's not stupid of me to ask, but what is Irish spring, other than soap? Please don't feel obligated to answer if you don't want to.

Anyway, I've read your posts about the liquid method to a T and I've already got my syringes. For some reason, prepping for the end of my struggle makes me want to try even harder to get below 1mg, so I can start down the tunnel that will hopefully lead to a bright new beginning.

Thanks again!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:52 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I don't really know whats up with opiates feeling weaker once you've eaten. I think not eating though generally helps you possibly absorb / metabolize things better, so when you're on an empty stomach thats generally why things feel stronger (opiates - other things etc). Some medicines don't interact well with food either, so there's some that might be taken into your system as something other than it is. For example: L-Tyrosine, if you take this with food, you're not going to get much of any benefit from it. However, the B6 you're supposed to take should be taken with food.

For the Irish Spring, some people say if you take a bar of the soap and put it at the foot of your bed, it can help reduce the RLS. I don't really know why or how this works, and I cant wrap my head around it either. Some people say it doesn't work, too. My thought process on it though is it might be possible that the smell of the soap does to remind us of our showers and that could help relive the RLS. Again, all head theory here - no scientific fact at all.

Sounds like you've prepared well though. There's something comforting knowing you're as prepared as you can be. When do you decrease your dose or start on the liquid?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:43 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi again,

So yesterday ended up getting pretty difficult twoards the end of the day. I'd begun to eat way more healthily (green) yesterday, low sugar, low carb. That was all fine and dandy however in the evening I started to feel jitteryness in my legs. Despite how tired I was I ended up having some issue getting to bed. Woke up a few times trying to get comfortable, my dog kept waking up and looking at me funny, which wasn't funny at the time but is now. I didn't get out of bed to get more RLS meds, or maybe I did - I honestly can't really remember. All I know was the RLS was pretty annoying last night, more so than usual however it wasn't so bad that I couldn't sleep. I was worried at one point that I might not get back to sleep but I found a really weird position that just worked and fell asleep like that. It's strange but the RLS in my arms can be some of the most annoying because I feel like I know what to do with my legs to make it stop, but my arms - different story. Plus the RLS meds seem to work better on my legs than my arms. Don't know why.

Anyways I felt really normal when I'd woken up today. I'm a bit worried about later since I'm cutting down to .04 today - a 50% reduction. My largest step yet but will probably give me the closest idea to what I'm in for come Weds. Initially my plan was to cut down today, and stick with the same dose to and including weds. I'm wondering if I can just skip weds entirely, but I don't know if I'll be normal by then. At this low, it's kind of hard to find your balance, meaning your dose that keeps you regular and how many days at that dose. Because I've committed to my current date and taken days off I'm in a "no going back" place - so I can't change my taper schedule or push it out another week. Plus the fact that I'm just about of my last strip / liquid. I'm not thinking about it really, just rationalizing for those reading. In my head I'm fully committed as I am to most things in my life.

Decided to stick with this really bland diet for the duration of the next few weeks. Going healthier (lots of salad, meat but no bread, nuts etc) will likely make my stomach upset for a bit too, which combined with the WD stomach upsetness is not cool. However the nutrients in the salads and the like generally are better in the long run regardless. Staying filled with nutrients when your stomach isn't playing nice is rather important and helps you feel a lot better. In terms of Sugar though, I may stick to Gatorade for the electrolytes unless I can find a alternate replacement. There's lots of sugar in those though.

I'd done some more reading in terms of RLS and why it happens to some people during opiate withdrawal, others due to diabetes, and other conditions. In the end, they're a physological symptom that we don't know much about, or how to treat well. There are some drugs for different types of RLS, but in the end I think that RLS from opiate withdrawal is based on a lack of dopamine and can't really be fixed by eating healthily. I'm doing it anyways, but further reading suggests that might be the case. I've also heard that exercise can tire you out, but does not relieve RLS for the same reasons. In the end, do what works for you and don't let any reading on the internet tell you different. That's largely why I've adopted this test first, see if it works mentality. It's possible it won't work, but its also possible that it will and that would be great right?

You're probably wondering - What is evolved going to do with the suboxone, kratom, valium etc when he's off suboxone - I haven't really come to a full conclusion yet. I really started taking suboxone to help me deal with health conditions I have and make life more livable. In short, it has - except that I'm allergic to suboxone. Moral of the story, there's no 100% normal for me. I'm going to end up having to deal with something one way or another. Here's what changed though since the last time I was on suboxone - I know now without a doubt there's no way to take suboxone without getting the allergy related effects. Skipping days, and even at this really low dose both still do it. I may end up throwing the suboxone out. Kratom could be the longer term replacement, though the problem with kratom is - there's really no way to know whats in your kratom. The alkaloids metabolize in your system at different rates, making halflifes very difficult to track and vary per strain, and potentially from the same strains at different times or from different vendors. Last but not least, seeing as its a grey market item, there's no standards, no FDA, no anything to regulate what's put in to what you're putting into your body. I need to determine if these downsides are worth the risk of taking it occasionally for pain. If so, that might be a solution, but In the end, there's just nowhere near enough info on Kratom out there. Long term reports have been mixed, some inconclusive, some incorrect. Mostly data's just inconsistent way more so than suboxone data is. The valium I can probably throw out. I have minor anxiety issues but they've gotten better as I've gotten older to some degree. So will I live an entirely clean life? Well I can tell you that I've been alcohol and other drug free for years while on suboxone - all drugs pretty much. So I think I can avoid abusing drugs. I think time will be the test to see if I have the strength to avoid the same pitfalls and mistakes I have in the past. However mistakes tend to be the best teachers.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't want to be on any drugs, I don't really think anyone in the right mind really wants to ruin their lives with drugs of any kind. But I think some drugs and medicines have practical applications that when used and not abused can be beneficial. It just takes a strong mind to control these urges and that's something I'm working on developing now.

evolved.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:39 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Quick update. I've taken the 0.04 and threw the heating pad on my feet. It's so cold in here I think its elevating my leg restlessness and joint pain. It's currently under my feet since that's where they're coldest.

Left the dose in for a good 40 mins. I'm sweating quite a bit even though its cold. Hands, other places (lol?). That's kinda been semi normal on my day to day. I think I'm losing weight too from all of the stomach problems, but I'm not complaining about that.

Haven't taken any aids, nothing for my stomach yet. Trying to avoid until as late as possible. Might take 5HTP tonight for sleep. One thing I just remembered from my last time getting off Suboxone - be careful with sleep aids. Often if RLS is bad enough, you will just wake up and feel overtired from the aid, but also unable to sleep. It's pretty crappy. That said, I don't think you can really avoid it. Much of the sleeplessness during WD is due to lack of dopamine in the body just like most of the other effects we feel. If there were a way to increase dopamine during the sleep cycle somehow, it could in theory ease the sleeplessness, which I think is probably common place knowledge by now. However if you're doing this naturally, or without opiates it's going to be hard because the only things that naturally increase dopamine that I personally know of - L-Tyrosine and L-Theanine (to a much lesser degree) both give a burst of energy, enough so that I wouldn't dose them anywhere near bed unless you're intentionally trying not to sleep. I've also stated in the past that for me personally, the amount of sleep I get generally depends on how normal I can feel. There's some interesting info on sleep cycles you can probably look up if you're interested, but if you can only manage 3-4 hours per night, and can't force yourself back, consider one of these other polyphasic sleep schedules. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep). I may end up adopting this for a week or two, but for you to do the same you'd need the same flexibility in your life that would allow you to basically sleep at really weird hours. Most people probably cant mess around with this, but for those who can, it might help.

It's going to be -20 degrees (F) here tonight, so I'm going to probably wear a bunch of clothing to bed to stay warm, plus the space heater and heating pad. I'm expecting things to be bad, but chances are they won't be until tomorrow.

One other interesting thing - if absorption is 55% on average via sublingual - assuming it's the same in water, at 0.04MG dose you'd actually be absorbing 0.022MG. I think absorption in water is less, but that's just personal opinion. I haven't found conclusive info anywhere really.

I was however reading some other threads and it seems like others have reported what I've thought to be true, that at lower doses the suboxone wears off earlier. I suspect half life is much shorter at these doses as a result. Therefore, if this were true you're going to experience WD earlier than you would at higher doses but in theory you would also have less suboxone built up in your system. That's the idea anyways. I think the jury is still out on this though.

I really should have tried to get off suboxone during warmer months. This is kind of harder than it needs to be due to the inconsistency of the weather.

hopefully tonight will be a breeze. I've been finding that writing actually helps me get my mind off everything for a while so its possible I won't pull a disappearing act.

evolved.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's really getting down to the nitty gritty for you now, evolved! I'm excited for you, even though I know it's going to be tough for a few days. You seem to have the right frame of mind, and I know that will help you tremendously!

LOL..I was wondering the same thing Bad Kitty did about the Irish Spring. It's a bit weird, but kind of makes sense. Kind of like aroma therapy?

Good luck!

Q

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next