It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:06 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi Jennjenn,

Good to hear from you again. The encouragement is always welcome, so thanks!

Yesterday I cut down to .265~ decided not even to mess with the second syringe. Interestingly I felt worse last week towards the end of the pill that I'd taken where the dose was stronger near the beginning. I'm going to stay at this dose till weds or thurs, and then go down again to either .18~ or so. I might end up going softy and preppng the second syringe because that jump will effectively be 25%.

I'm getting some minor leg pain later in the night but its not even that serious. Seems the tiredness is getting more severe maybe during mid day, forcing me to dose a little earlier. It's possible the lower your dose is, that it's possible the half life or some form of the half life based on how much is in your system is lower and therefore weaker and doesn't last as long? Is that even a thing? It might not be, but it feels that way to me.

I'm aiming to be done by sometime around the end of Feb or early to mid march. I might push it back because what's another week if it can help me get to the goal safely.

Even at the doses I'm at now, and during taper steps it's still not even close to as bad as taking a day off. Dunno why that's suggested.

What I'd like to see happen is dr's / pharmacologists and pharm companies put their heads together and produce suboxone strips or pills in much lower doses, somewhere around .05 .10 .15 .25 .35 .50 .65 .80 1.00 for people trying to taper. Seeing as I've been through this before, I can say that this is far less painful and much easier to manage than many of the other things I've tried. Will it happen? Probably one day. It's better to stay hopeful of these things considering how messed up the pharm industry is.

Final thought - I don't really know if there's value going below .05MG. I'll know more once it becomes time. I might just try to cut down more once I'm at .05 to get more data for this forum, but I suspect that suboxone might not even really be active at very low doses. I could be wrong as I've read other accounts stating otherwise, but I figure using myself as the guinea pig is the safest bet for myself to determine if that's the case for me personally.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:26 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Second day at that .265~ dose. Feeling a bit crappier today after dosing about a hour ago. feel somewhat achy but not overly bad. I was considering taking another .01ML tonight because I suspect the leg pain will be annoying but I'm going to try to tough it out using just ibuprofen if possible.

It's cold as hell out which definitely makes things a bit more irritating than usual but my space heater on my legs 24/7 is helping a lot. I also have a heating pad which I haven't really used because it feels like it doesnt work well when you're in a normal seated position (seems to need to be on you while lying down).

Don't really have all too much else to add. I've managed to stick to eating relatively healthier than I have been. haven't started working out yet, which I'll begin soon. Probably this weekend or next week. I'm a huge slacker when it comes to that but I know I want to not only for the detox process but because I'd like to get back into shape before the summer comes and now's the time.

I think thats it really. I've decided I'm not going ot tell my current clients about the detox process only because I've had work somewhat drying up lately due to things out of my control and because of it I've got more time to myself which is actually somewhat of a blessing in disguise. I can probably cram 3 days of work into one day, so effectively I'd be working only Mon + Tues and be off Weds-Fri. If I did this when I'm going to detox, I'd think my tues would be my day 1, and then go Weds - Sun without working. That should put me over the hump. It's a little weird because my friend got off subs who was on just as much as me for just as long as me and said the worst of his effects were on day 3, and then he got better. He said he was normal around day 6. I don't think my ride will be as easy. I remember feeling especially shit around day 3-6 but I can't remember much of the details only because it was pretty intense and a few years ago. Hopefully recording this time will give me something to refer back to in case I get weak and decide I need something to mellow me out. Reading about how crappy it all feels might make me not make that decision again.

evolve.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:55 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Last night I managed to not take anything including ibuprofen as it ended up actually getting easier as the night went on. Pretty weird seeing as that's the first time that's happened to me since I've been tapering.

Been taking another .26 dose today - which is actually closer to .24 because I didn't lose any water to spillage recently. Feeling a little achy, mostly in my shoulders and back, less so in my legs. Maybe its from sleeping weird? I also feel a bit out of it mentally. Maybe work is wearing me down or my financial situation right now. I don't know. I'm just not in a great place mentally right now. I don't think it's suboxone or paws related though.

Tonight will be pretty uneventful. I'm going to stay at this dose still, and will hopefully feel better tomorrow. Come the weekend I'll be tapering down again. I feel like this is going faster than I'd planned but I'm not really complaining.

evolved.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:24 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey all,

Took a day off from my daily posts to get my head right, get back into my work grind and just get re-motivated to do everything again. I'd felt a bit worn down by life in general this week so the extra recharge time was nice. I did up my dose back to the .32 Yesterday and am back down to the .24 today. Felt normal last night which I think was to be expected, and today I've felt pretty normal as well but I'm expecting some aches later.

I'm pretty frustrated with what I seem to think is the issue with this liquid taper. The whole issue with not being able to accurately measure doses has got me worried a bit, though I don't know what else I can do really. I've made it pretty far like this and still intend on finishing this way.

Those of you looking to try the liquid taper should take my story as a bit of caution though. I really, really don't think the doses are as easily measured in liquid due to how the sediments of the pill are still there even 3-4 days after prepping your liquid. To reiterate a bit, I'm using a generic pill here, and I figured it might be possible that the bits that aren't distributing evenly are probably just filler in the pill. That's not the case though. Doses are inconsistent at best, and it's begun to feel like a much milder variation of the roller coaster ride I'd cited in my first few posts.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to reduce doses and still keep it fairly measured. Perhaps the right way to do this at least using the generic pills is to stick to one dose until you're finished with your liquid, and then switch to another. The downside - as you get to lower doses, you'll be stuck there longer. Alternatively, you could just throw out much of your solution once you've been taking it for a specific period of time. Example: say I wanted to lower my dose weekly. I'd use my .24 solution for a week, and then discard the rest. Then when I tapered down to .16 I'd use a new pill and do the same thing (take it for a week, throw out the rest).

The real thinking and methodology here, If the suboxone doesn't distribute evenly, and if as I've seen and I suspect the suboxone falls to the bottom, when you dose, you're always getting more suboxone in your first few doses. That said, the entire liquid solution becomes more and more water based, and less and less suboxone based as you go. The balance I'm trying to hit is - When do you throw out the liquid to be sure you've not taken more suboxone than you should be? I have no idea. I don't think it's possible to measure this, and really wished there was someone out there with more info on this because I don't think it's as cut and dry as it's been made out to be.

I'll leave you with this before I head off the forums: There's LOTS of miss information on the internet. Much of it is not necessarily intentional. Some of it could be speculation, or opinion passed off as fact. By no means am I saying that the liquid taper CANT work, nor am I saying it DOESN'T work. I am saying: for me personally, there's no way that previous posts could be correct based on my personal findings.

I'll continue to keep this post updated - hate to drop a bomb like this right now but honestly, I'd rather you guys have what I feel is correct information to help you in your decisions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey ER,

Unfortunately, I think you are 100% correct about there being a lot of misinformation on the internet. We see it here more frequently than I would like. It is so easy for us, as human beings, to take our own experiences with a situation and assume that our findings are true for everyone. I'm sure I am guilty of doing it myself, though I try very hard not to. I appreciate that you are giving your honest experiences with this process while still being open to each individuals results being different to some degree.

Everything you are saying makes perfect sense. While it might not make much difference if the bupe is evenly distributed in larger doses, it will be very noticeable in small quantities. This is pretty much the same conclusion a lot of people come to who are attempting to taper to tiny doses without using the liquid taper method. Once you reach a certain point it is so hard to get an accurate dose that you wind up feeling very unstable. At that point a large percentage of people give up on the taper and just jump. I'm not suggesting this is what you should do. Only pointing out that this is where a lot of people abandon their original plan.

I am very curious if there would be any difference using a different brand of tablet. I kind of doubt it, but it is a possibility.

Have you seen the Film Cutting Guide that one of our members has posted here? I believe his name is RXCFG and he had success with tapering to pretty small doses using the films. He created a guide to help others get accurate doses while tapering and has gotten some really good reviews on it. Of course this won't help if you don't have access to the films. But it might be something you would be interested in looking at. If so, I would be happy to find a link for you and post it here.

Q

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:29 pm 

Hey Evolve :)

First off just wanted to say how much I admire u for sticking to this no matter how bad u feel some days, it's honestly awesome. Now keep in mind that even though I read all ur posts, I still don't know how much of it I truly understand but I think I got it. I was just wondering though, since u said that the first few doses were probably pretty close to ur dose and after those doses ur pretty sure its weaker than what u wanted to take, couldn't u just prepare an all new solution after those first few u take? Now I know that'd be wasting the rest but at least you'd have the dose ur wanting to take and may make u feel more stable.

I was just wondering, now I am in no way trying to act like I know as much or anything about this like u do. Just wondering if that was something you'd wondered about since u started this or maybe the waste of the rest of the solution isn't worth it. Regardless, ur doing awesome and I love reading about ur progress.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:00 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi Q,

So your suggestion is something I'd been thinking about recently. I'd considered switching to the strips and using a 1MG cut. That said, I don't know how absorption would be in the water. The nice thing though with less Suboxone i'd need less water to get the same effective dose.

As for today, took the .20 earlier which was closer to .24 since I'd aimed for .25ML I'm already achy, and feel pretty garbage. Much more so than you'd think from a 4MG reduction. I'm more than half way done with my current syringe so I think it's mostly water. I usually get achy now, instead of hours ago, so I think I'm probably in for feeling worse. I've taken some magnesium and l-tyrosine and ibuprofen to feel a bit better just now. No word on how much its going to help yet.

These last few steps will definitely be harder than the previous since as you mentioned, Q the farther you go down the more challenging it becomes. I just need to remember always that this is nothing compared to two years of skipping days. That was effectively full WD by the end of day 2. I just don't want to forget that and I feel like I've been comfortable with feeling pretty "normal" during this WD process. It's mostly mental - prepare yourself for what you're into and remember that end goal. That's what's important.

One thing I did figure out - my apartment is pretty dry at night especially now that its winter. I usually wake up with the worst case of dry mouth possible and feel mostly dehydrated. I don't think its WD related though I can't really say for sure. In the end on days when I feel normal I still wake up extremely dehydrated so I'm thinking its just the room and the heat in there. I'm trying to come up with some ways to combat that aside from the usual go to bed with some water on the side table and drink a lot of fluids throughout the day.

I'm going to try to tough this out tonight. if I get a moment of weakness, I may jump back up to .34 again until I can get to a new "full" syringe and then try the 1MG method. Dunno if I'll need to just yet, but I suspect I will as I get lower. I'm still planning to jump at .05 or below which effectively would be 4-6 more reductions from where I'm at, aka 4-6 weeks out from now assuming I keep my current pace. It's really going to boil down to if I can actually stabilize at these lower doses. I'm thinking no but will try to stay positive.

evolved.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:11 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi Jennjenn,

So you've mostly got it. Essentially what I think (and only think) is happening is, when you load a new pill and fill the syringe with water the first time, let it dissolve and shake it up a lot, when you're dosing there's going to be some sort of gravity at play in the water forcing more of the pill sediments to the bottom, where you're dosing from. That means your doses will be higher earlier on. How much higher, im not sure. But based on my first time dosing using this method aiming for .5MG I ended up feeling like I'd taken quite a lot more, enough so that I felt actually high. That would generally tell me (since I know about these things personally) that my dose was roughly 200% of what it would be normally, so instead of 0.5MG it was probably 1.0MG or close to that. That said, that would mean that if I'd taken .5MG or effectively .6ML there would be 1.9ML left of water, but 1.0MG of Suboxone. Do the math and this means it could have been somewhere around 0.01ML = .52MG per 1ML of water. Or 0.052MG per 0.01ML of water. To give some comparison, assuming it distributed evenly and I wasn't high and the doses were even, it would have been closer to .084MG per 0.01ML which is 38% Less of a dose the second time. This math is all hypothetical by the way, but I wanted to illustrate the point. There's truly no way to know how much you're dosing doing the liquid taper, which is my true issue with it. But lets say the same thing happened on your second dose, that would mean that you're effectively losing another 38%, and another until towards the last few doses you're only dosing mostly water.

But yes - the idea to throw out the solution once it got weaker might help, but the reason I wanted to do this after each jump is because that would mean your taper would be somewhat like mini tapers inbetween each jump. So for example say I started at .05MG and continued to do the liquid equivalent of 0.05MG. If my hypothesis was correct, that would mean I'm actually dosing less and less as the week goes on. Then I'd taper down to the next step... say 0.42MG - I'd continue to think I'd be dosing 0.42MG even though it would go down and down. It would create somewhat of a wave, or a sine wave if you're a music person, going down down down, then up, then down down down. There's nothing really wrong with this sort of a taper plan really. It's just going to be more uncomfortable than having properly measured doses. I just don't think its possible to get those doses measured once you're this low.

I hope that wasnt too mathy/calculationy but I figured I'd share just in case you guys wanted the full details - disclaimer and all.

evolved.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:12 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi All,

So I've decided to stick with whatever ML solution I feel slightly crappy but stable at today. I just dosed close to .03ML or .08x 3~ or close to .24MG. I'm not sure if its doing anything just yet.

As of last night, I ended up dosing again, another .08MG so I'd technically been close to .32MG however I was achy all over and felt generally pretty awful. I went to bed and it took a while to even get comfortable, not something I'd really experienced since starting this liquid taper but definitely previously during my skipping days. I slept pretty long today, something that I noticed helps quite a bit when it comes to trying to feel better. Generally it seems like the less I sleep the worse I feel, however I slept quite a bit the previous night as well, and still felt pretty crappy yesterday.

Anyways - My plan as of now is to finish this syringe, which may take two days or three more or so, and then try the 1MG strip idea. If that doesn't work I'll need to test throwing out solution and finally if that doesn't work I'll probably just keep winging it with this current setup.

Edit: One thing that just dawned on me. If there were truly a way to know how much suboxone you were getting even with the increased doses / gravity / pills not properly distributed in water, then in theory you could just keep your water ML intake the same and then by the end when it's mostly water jump off. However, since I actually have no idea I'm afraid to jump because I could be entirely wrong and what I'm experiencing is just some weirdness with the withdrawal process. That said, I'm sure there's a smart person out there who might have the tools / info and intent to figure this out somehow.

evolved.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:47 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi Again,

So I ended up feeling normal last night, no aches to speak of, no tiredness, discomfort. Pretty much nothing. Pretty odd really. Woke up today feeling pretty normal. Overall yesterday leaves me with more questions than answers, as I'm trying to figure this whole thing out still.

I kept my dose at roughly .025ML~ or .20MG today. So far I feel about the same. One thing I did notice though. The usual wave of tiredness that hits me around 2-4PM my time was way less intense than usual. Most of the time its so intense that I need to sleep immediately. It's what I'd imagine a narcoleptic feels like. Today though, I got away with closing one eye for a minute or two, and then the other, but at no point did I need to shut down entirely. It's possible that either the dose was higher than I expected, or the WD process is getting easier. I'm hoping it's the latter because uneven doses now really doesn't help much in the long term.

So there's like another day or so of this and then I'm switching to the strips. I'm also sticking with 2.5ML so that would mean each ML would contain .40MG of suboxone. This should help me taper lower as I'm currently dosing such small amounts that I've had to resort to 1/2 a ML recently and thats been a challenge and a lot of eyeballing. Effectively that would mean each .01ML would contain 0.04MG or half of what I've been doing before, giving me a few more steps before I'm back to 1/2 ML dosing again.

It is pretty nice though that it's gotten easier again. Unfortunately I cant extrapolate much from the experience due to what might be inconsistent doses.

Edit: one last note for you.

I've noticed that during the liquid taper it's of extreme importance that you keep an eye on the clock with the liquid in your mouth. Reason being, with strips or the pills both are pretty obvious when they're done, and usually you can just wait until you feel like swallowing. However with the liquid, there's so little suboxone, its easy to think you might be done. Plus if the original theory is true that the suboxone is soluble that would mean it would be mixed up with the water, and not falling to the bottom as I seem to think it does. If that were the case though (that it was soluble) I think it might take longer to absorb into your blood stream for your full dose. How long? I don't know. But as of lately I've been waiting 20+ minutes and wonder if this has anything to do with how normal I felt yesterday. I did the same today and will report back. Previous days had been closer to 10 minutes (last week). But if I tend to feel normal, that would tell me that you'd need to keep the liquid doses in your mouth longer than the pills for proper absorption.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:13 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Yesterday I finished off the syringe by dosing about .24~MG. I decided to test my theory about keeping the solution in my mouth for +20 minutes. After the fact I felt pretty normal, however rather tired. The tiredness never lifted and it sort of came with the feeling of "needing to want to feel better right now". I managed to stave off taking anything besides some magnesium since I expected some joint pain as well but that never really came. Instead I felt overtired, worn out, a lack of energy. But I also seemed to feel "normal" mentally. I wasn't depressed, and I didn't feel hopeless. It was pretty strange.

I slept longer than usual last night and woke up normally today. However that mental fog / tiredness thing is still there. It's like something is sapping me of my energy faster than usual. This generally feels like what its like to hop off low level opiates for me after short time use.

Last night I prepped the new liquid using a cut of a 8MG strip - down to a 1MG. Though I'm a little worried because I couldn't find my stash of strips for some reason, and if this dosing method works out, I'll effectively have two (there was only a 2MG sliver really) syringes before I have to come up with a new plan.

As far as soluability of the actual suboxone in the water with the strips - these distribute evenly. It looks like plain water. No discoloration, no sediments. So the issue might be with the Generic pills themselves.

Today I'll be dosing close to ~.215 MG. I lost a little water to spillage making the dose slightly stronger (.043MG per .01ML x 5).

Its definitely interesting to note that the WD symptoms I was experiencing earlier were stronger, I.E. the sleepiness thing that I have most afternoons, and the muscle aches / pains. Now it seems like a muted version of their former selves, though I wonder how much more is still in store.

I'll report back after I take my first dose of this new solution. I'm still concerned about dosing time, and absorption but I'll know more later.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I really excited to hear that the strip dissolved well for you. I have often wondered if it would, but I've never seen anyone report trying it with the strips. I may actually give this a shot now that I know.

I've been meaning to tell you that I have the exact same problem you have with the extra saliva. It's kind of weird to talk about, but it's true. Every time I go to the dentist they have to keep that sucker thing going the whole time and I've had them mention a few times that I produce more saliva than normal. I literally can't hold the sub in my mouth as long as recommended without swallowing. I know that this effects the absorption I am getting out of my dose, but I haven't found a good solution to the problem. It makes perfect sense that you would be getting better results from holding the solution in your mouth longer. I wish I had thought to mention that to you before but I don't remember you saying how long you were holding it in your mouth until the other day. My question to you is do you feel like the water solution is easier to hold that long compared to just the dry pill/strip? I've wondered if starting off with the mouth full of water anyway would keep the saliva production to a minimum. Do you think it helps with that?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:56 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi Q,

Yeah the saliva bit is weird right? So I've still got the dose in my mouth at the moment. Probably will for at least another 10 minutes. I don't really know if adding water first will help really. I'd be concerned that the suboxone might not absorb as well with more water seeing how watered down it is right now in my new solution and in my mouth with that solution. Might be worth a shot though?

I find that doing anything that takes your focus off your mouth area, such as posting here, or watching a video / tv whatever tends to make the time fly by. That's been my method of trying to not pay attention to it.

I dont really think either the pill, strip or liquid are easier. They're all about the same, even at low doses. I think my mouth is probably trying to compensate for weird substances in my mouth and wants me to swallow but I'm not, therefore producing more saliva. Idk! that seems to make sense anyways.

I should know if this dose is really doing anything for me in about a hour.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL...I think what I meant to say and what I actually said were different. I'm not saying to put water and then the water/sub solution. I just meant do you still feel like the saliva is effecting your dose with the water solution as much as when you were just using the dry pills.

I think you already answered me. Just ignore my last question above. I definitely had a brain fart moment when I was typing that one out!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:25 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

So the quick answer is yes, the saliva thing is still an issue even at .215 and even with a more water based solution. It's not quite as bad as with the pills or strips when you take them by themselves (sometimes I had no choice but to swallow).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:15 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Here's a quick review of my first day on the liquid solution using the strips.

Right now I'm feeling the most mild achyness in my back - between my shoulders. Usually one of my pain areas when WD's are on. My legs ache as well, however its like a soreness from not working out but even milder. Mostly I cant stop moving my legs which is very RLS like. It's not that bad though. I'd be able to sleep like this I think. I'm not entirely sure if its just because the dose feels weak or its the strips or what, but overall definitely kinda weird. I might take some ibuprofen later.

Forgot to mention - these past few days I've had stomach probelms. I don't know why I didn't mention it sooner. Probably since Saturday. I suspect it has something to do with how low I've gotten. It's not that bad, and I haven't taken immodium at all yet - only pepto which doesn't seem to be doing anything lol.

I think I might take some of that RLS stuff in a few to see if it helps with this. It's only annoying now that I've stopped to write this post. Chances are by 10PM or so my time it will be worse. Can't say how much unfortunately, but that seems to be the trend. Perhaps it won't though. That would be neat.

evolved.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:34 pm 

Hey evolve :)

I also have the same issue as Q said she has with the saliva. There's times, well most of the time, I swallow during taking my medicine also. I try to take it first thing in the morning when my mouth is dry but kids kinda throw me off my game lol. Its constantly been a problem for me.

I was hoping the strips would be a better solution for u evolve and maybe make it a bit easier. So is the only thing the strips are helpful on is the making of the solution? I wish u didn't have to feel bad a lot through this process but then again maybe that's gonna happen no matter what. I gotta give u a huge pat on the back cause ur def doing awesome and seem to be strong. I'd probably already messed up and taken extra by now. Ur doing great though!!! Thanks for keeping us posted....this will be here for ppl to see and read for years to come :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:20 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey,

So I have some pretty interesting things to report.

First and foremost the mental fog is gone. In fact, I feel normal today. More so than most days. I have a bit of a mental sharpness I haven't had in a long time. Memory is strong, I just feel pretty positive overall. Suboxone is funny because with the opiate high I generally feel very lethargic, or for lack of a better word, ambivilent to everything unless it involves me getting off my ass and doing something, and even then it's about 50/50 if I'll even do it. Now though, I definitely feel quite a lot more driven to get shit done which is excellent.

That mild RLS last night didn't last long after I took the RLS meds (the homeopathic ones). They came back but after my evening walk they were gone again. Took a minute or two longer than usual to fall asleep. I was definitely worried that for how overtired I was and how fidgety I felt earlier that I wasn't going to sleep well, if at all. Maybe this is the beginning of the overtired / no sleep phase, but no.

Other than that though, today I noticed the showers I'd been enjoying (45+ mins) really aren't that exciting anymore. Anyone who's gone through WD's of any measure will know what I'm talking about. Previously I could crank it up to just about as hot as I could stand and would basically be in there trying to get my whole body covered as long as possible. Now though, I'm not feeling that. In fact, It was a pretty normal shower. Sounds like I might be on the tail end of this thing after all.

My stomach is still a bit messed up, but what can you do. Gotta take the bad with the good I guess.

So my plan today is to cut down quite a bit. If you've been reading this full thread, and remember some of my earlier comments, I suspected suboxone is not active at very low doses. I'm currently at ~.215 and I'm starting to think this is correct but I won't know until I reduce my dose again. That's really the purpose here (and getting off of course). So I'll probably cut down by .043, or .172 or two .043's to .129. More or less I have this feeling that it's not really going to get any worse, in fact I think it might just get better instead. I know I'm a pretty hopeful person in general and I tend to feel this way even when I was at 1MG that maybe there'd be a chance that I'd just not have WD this time. But right now is an entirely different feeling. My body is telling me something is different.

Final thoughts on the strips in the liquid: I think that it's inconclusive if it's doing anything really. I'll know more though later once I reduce my dose again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Being a positive person is never a bad thing, IMO. Especially when it comes to the dread of WD most of us experience. I am totally convinced that we can perpetuate our worst fears when it comes to tapering and jumping. The positive frame of mind is only going to help you!

I'm so happy that you are feeling good, ER. I'm hoping right along with you are coming to the end of the road with your WD. Wouldn't that be great?

Q

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:51 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I just wanted to post real quick here. So I decided to dose today. I was considering skipping altogether because really, I had that wave of tiredness, and another but that's about it. I did get some minor uncomfortable / RLS need to move my legs, but it was so minor that it felt more like I just couldn't get comfortable and needed to stretch. Super minor. I can't stress that enough.

Because of how today panned out though I wasn't able to dose at my usual time which was fine because I felt normal the whole time. I'm really not sure suboxone at this dose is doing much of anything for me.

I took ~.172 - my thought process about it is kind of backwards but what I figure is since I have a lot to do today and this weekend, if I did decide to stop now, and then the weekend came and I felt poor, I'd have to re-dose then, so waiting another week really won't kill me. Though at this point I just want to be off this entirely and think I probably can stop at any point now.

What's interesting about the liquid - At this dose I can't tell im taking anything. The syringe smells like suboxone, but when it's in your mouth it tastes like almost entirely water. I waited a good 30 minutes just in case.

I think once I'm done I'll do a final review of everything and how things have gone because I want to summarize and make a few things clear for those who haven't read everything. I'm not really expecting things to get much worse today. If they do I'll do what I always do and just persevere through it.

Edit: something I was just thinking about was continuing to dose strictly water when I get off entirely. Just because I'm so used to the action of doing so it might help ease my mind a bit. Dunno if it will even be necessary but I feel like thats what I'm doing right now so it wouldn't be that different.

evolved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next