It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well here is my question. I have never taken the step to go to the doctor for sbx, so subsequently I've always bought them off the street. I'm down to about one 8mg tablet a week. Taking that whole tablet at once and going through the next 5 to 7 days with nothing. Now, I know that most people would tell me that if I'm only taking one pill a week than I'm good to go. The probably though is come around the 6th or 7th day I start to break down psychological, loosing control of my attention span and searching for that recreational substitute. I'm not recovered yet, I've been in and out of dependency before and I'm not healthy again until I'm in the gym again every day. I'm starting to develop the idea that although the withdraws from sbx are far more mild than they are from opiates they seem to linger much longer. I was off everything for a year, and why my duma#$ ever started again is beyond the comprehension of my intelligence, but coming off tabs or vics it always seemed like in four or five days I was fresh as a daisy and my legs where back under me. I'm cumming into my late 20's and I'm too old for this sh$@ , one tablet a week is too much.
Can anyone tell me how long the psychological effects of this stuff lingers? I know the long answer is probably close to a year, but speaking in short terms. I never really came off this stuff before. I'm thinking I need to shoot for two weeks before I start running again, god knows what my recovery time is gonna be now that I've reached havoc on my body like this.

Also, is it unusual to experience excessive amounts of sleep while taking Suboxone? While taking it I can easily sleep up to 12 hours sometimes, but when I'm living a healthy lifestyle I only need about 5 to 6. Also it seems like an unusual deep sleep and I can't remember my dreams while under the influence of the drug, I usually remember at least one dream a night while not under the influence.

Has there been any study to suggest that Suboxone may effect R.E.M sleep?

Thanks for reading.

P.S. If openly admitting that I'm not participating in a legitimate Suboxone program excludes me from the forum please tell me. I simply can't afford the 800$ a month it would take but I still experience similar issues to those with this life style so I hope that my presence is not an unwelcome one.

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:41 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hello thedesertfox99 ,
First welcome to the forum for some reason I didn't see your post earlier??
Anyways Welcome and NO we don't have any specific rules regarding what type of treatment you may be in. The only Rule is Please do Not Debate which method is best.... I,m Sorry to hear that you can't afford a Dr.. Have you explored the free care route ?? I believe that the maker of Suboxone has a program for free meds as well?? I'm sorry that I don't have any info on those programs But, I'm sure someone will jump in here with more input on that subject. as far as your method of taking Suboxone.... I have never heard of that way before.... I would think that spreading your dose out equally would give you better results??? But, what do I know I'm only an addict in Recovery I have no professional training or anything like that.... I hope others chime in and give you more information. I wish you the Best of luck in your Recovery!!!

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:59 am 
thedesertfox99:

Well, i can honestly say the way you say you take sub just doesnt make sense. As you said people would think, if you can take it one day a week then i dont see you having much of a problem. Im confused a bit. What do you mean by, under the influence of suboxone? And i've never heard from reliable information that it takes a year to recover, especially with your way of dosing. I just dont quite know what to think about your post honestly. Maybe you could help me better understand by telling me how in the world you take 1 sub a week, only 1 day of the week. You dont spread the sub out throughout the week? That just doesnt make much sense or seem to serve any purpose unless your taking for purposes it shouldnt be taken for. Im pretty confused on this one????

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:00 pm 
thedesertfox99:

Well, i can honestly say the way you say you take sub just doesnt make sense. As you said people would think, if you can take it one day a week then i dont see you having much of a problem. Im confused a bit. What do you mean by, under the influence of suboxone? And i've never heard from reliable information that it takes a year to recover, especially with your way of dosing. I just dont quite know what to think about your post honestly. Maybe you could help me better understand by telling me how in the world you take 1 sub a week, only 1 day of the week. You dont spread the sub out throughout the week? That just doesnt make much sense or seem to serve any purpose unless your taking for purposes it shouldnt be taken for. Im pretty confused on this one????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:04 pm 
Oh yea, the absolute only reason you could even possibly feel "under the influence" is because of the way you take it. Your not even stable on it. The way you take it, you probably do get some kind of opiate effect from it. Only because your body isnt becoming stable with a daily regimine of it. Im definitely not "under the influence" when taking sub. Maybe the first couple times i took it i felt a bit of something but never, "under the influence".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:20 pm 
It seems i've pegged another one!! I remember you from another thread where you said you were, "under the influence" of suboxone at least 2 maybe 3 times in one short paragraph like you were stating it as some drug you get high from. Now you continue to say such things which is rediculous. So, what brings you back? I know everyone always gives you all the benefit of the doubt at first but, i dont because i can see right through you. Yet again i think we have another one and you know what im talking about. Are you angry at your sub doctor or are you angry at sub? What makes you hate sub? I dont think you will truly admit any of it but eventually it will start showing up more and more with time. So, welcome to the forum and i hope you get all the help you need. Good day sir!! Refrence: "Rapid Cycling Sleep" Thats where i remember you from and a couple more but im not quite sure which ones they are. But i'll go check it out to refresh my memory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hear that you're taking one sub on only one day of the week? Is that correct? Someone already touched on how because you're not taking it properly (so as to have stable blood level and saturated opiate receptors) is the reason you "feel" something. At doses like that, it acts more like a full agonist than the partial agonist that it is. I'm not surprised it's making you sleep so much.

Before you started taking the sub this way, what were you taking immediately before? And I'm very curious about something...what are you getting out of taking them this way? Do you feel it's taking care of your cravings or keeping you out of withdrawal? I wouldn't think taking one a day would lead to any dependency. But I could be WAY off on that. I also don't see how it would cause any PAWS (post-acute) withdrawal symptoms. Depending on your drug history, your DOC could very well be causing you PAWS now. (PAWS isn't unique to suboxone, it can happen with any opiate.)

Finally, if you want to stop taking them, why not try adding a day between doses? Example: 7 days between doses, then 8 days...etc. That should get you off of them in a few weeks or so.

I hope this helps.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi all, I take 8 mg of subutex a day this is my first post on the forum so i dont really know anybody yet, however have read alot of intelligent posts here. I 2 have a lingering psychological dependence. It really sucks, i go to meetings, i go to counseling, i dont just rely on the medication, but i feel like sometimes it wears off early and i get cravings :twisted: Does anyone else feel like they take the same dose of sub everyday but for some reason you will get a random two days where you feel 0 relief and get really sick pain chills puking etc... and then for some reason in 3 days you feel all better? really confusing it sucks, people let me kknow whate your experiences have been

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Jsonny and welcome. Your issue could be that you're having trouble getting maximum absorption each day. There are many posts here about that very subject. Check them out and it might help you out. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.