All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So i know I've mentioned this somewhere before,
but last year, at this time,,,
I was the only one working, as I was the first one of me and my husband that
found a full time job. he stayed home, with our son, until we could MOVE OUT of our
shit hole, 500 sq ft,,, 20miles-from-town, APARTMENT........
We moved into a manufactured home
4th of july weekend, we own the house, rent the property,,, WAY BETTER than where we
were, where I knew every person that had pills in a 50 mile radius,,, damn near.

Last christmas, and my son's bday is dec 16th,,,
we were SO BROKE, we got him one gift, each holiday, and he did end up with a lot of
presents thanks ONLY TO the "giving tree" program, where people buy gifts for children....
ANYWAYS,,,
NOW,
a year later, we're right smack in the middle of town, Im making $2 more per hour, working OT all the
time, my hubby makes a lil more than I do,,, (first time ever, 12 yrs together....I didnt work for about 4yrs though, lol)
WE really are doing better than EVER before.

they had these BIG power wheels on sale at the store today,,,,
40% OFF,
you know, those two-seater jeeps? the wieght limits like 150 pounds.....
WE BOUGHT HIM ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stuffed it in the shed, just about an hour ago....

i have SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR!!! i really, really do.
Been on suboxone now for 19 mos,,, and Im on ADHD meds now too, that's the ONLY thing
that's helped almost cure what was pretty much constant anxiety......

so we just got home, im counting $$$,, to make sure bills are paid,,
and Im pretty FREAKING SURE, I dropped $200-$300 in the store, or the parking lot,
maybe the gas station where I bought cigs from....................
SERIOUSLY,,,
I know how much money is on me at MOST times,,, I was rationing it out, for the next two weeks,,
and JEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Im so freaking mad at myself.............

then Im like, you know,,
I REALLY NEED TO look at this,, ON THE POSITIVE SIDE,,,,
I don't have to take the jeep back,
the bills are still paid,
my hubby has his paycheck, in his pocket, (didn't make it to the bank yesterday),,,,,
we are still "ok"
in every sense,,, OTHER than, I've been working 12hr days, six days a week, to get "extra $$"
and of course keep jobs on schedule,,,,
so it just HURTS that happened,,,,
IM TRYING here, to look at the BRIGHT SIDE.....
I just HOPE,,,,,
somebody found it, that was maybe in my sitaution, LAST YEAR,,,
and maybe now they can buy thier kids xmas gifts or something.

ONE can hope, right????

:roll:
oh well, it's over. and done with.

thanks for listening.
if ANY of you are wondering, why I carry so much cash, well If I have it in a bank acct,
it just gets GARNISHED.
we are trying to file chapter 7 bankruptcy, but the lawyer told us to wait after tax time,
to wait and see if we get a return, then file the day AFTER......

[marq=right]**********HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY**********[/marq]

Thanks for letting me vent......
I told my husband just now,
he wants to go look for the $$$$$
yea, right!!!
i know, as well as ALL OF YOU,,,
it's GONE........

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi Amber, I don't know what else to say except, that effing sucks!!! You've been working all of this
overtime, and I don't know what you make an hour.....but I'd bet that what you lost, pretty much
undid the overtime pay. It was like you put in the hours for nothing. I am so so so sorry that that
happened to you. I can't think of a more generous person for that to happen to.

When I was about 12 years old, we were at an amusement park that had campgrounds for a week.
Growing up I was POOR. I NEVER knew it, but we were. So that one week was really a huge thing for
my parents. They knew what it was like to have five kids and four adults in one household, living on'
one income. So, my younger sister and I were getting off of this roller coaster, and she is like "Kel, LOOK!"
And there on the ground was a roll of money. It was rolled up with a rubber band around it. To make a very long
story short, my dad checked in with security to see if anyone was missing money. They asked how much, and
my smart dad said "When they tell YOU HOW MUCH, I'll tell ya if that's what I found". So he checked in multiple
times throughout the week. He was just sick over it.

When it came time for us to leave, he checked in one last time, and noone asked about it. So the police officer
told my dad, that it was his to keep. It was $1900.00. In hundred dollar bills. So anyone who lost it, knew what
denominations it was, and how it was rolled up etc....noone claimed it. Amber, we never got to go anywhere. Ever.
Not because my parents didn't want to take us, but because we were simply poor. We stayed an extra week, and
my dad said that the smiles on our faces, was worth all the worry he went through that week before.

Look, I know that you are the one who lost it, but I just have this gut feeling, that the people who found it, needed it.
NOT that you didn't. But you get what I'm saying.....right??? You said maybe they could get christmas presents....I'm
thinking maybe they can get groceries. You never know. I am very very sorry that that happened to you, but I think that
you are making the best possible situation out of it, by looking at it the way you are. That is what I would do.

I don't know what else to say about the whole thing except, thank god that your bills are stilll paid, and that you
still have food on the table, and a new little jeep in the shed! Take Care!~Kel[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amber, you are a good person, you have worked so hard and have come so far from where you were in active addiction. You should be very proud of yourself. I'm really, sorry you lost that money (go over your receipts again just in case!). I'm not really sure I understand the part where you are filing for bankruptcy, but nonetheless, it takes a strong person to wish that the lost money goes to someone who truly needs it. I hope you find it or get it back, but if you don't I'll join you in hoping that it made its way to someone who needs it or can use it for good.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

200-300 lost ...

Put it into perspective of how much we "lost" while using, and how much better you're doing now. 200-300 would often go within a day for me. An $800 pay cheque would be gone in 2-3 days.

You're doing awesome :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:D
THANKS you guys.........
We did go back to the store, last night, just to look around, and I think I found a reciept that was in the same pocket.......
on the ground.....
What I did was "seperate" two one hundred dollar bills and I just saw a few twenty's and put it in my back pocket,,,
that way I'd only spend the OTHER $$$ I had on me,,,
LOL
so much for THAT plan!!!
LOL
It's just a VERY good thing, that I STILL give my grandma money, EVERY payday, before I do ANYTHING else
so I have a "back up"

Of course the first thing my husband asks when I tell him, is
does that mean we gotta take the Jeep back???
he was HAPPY when I said absolutely NOT......

Your right, Kelly,,,,,, I hope somebody DID find it, that needed it worse than me,,,,,
Maybe it's Karma biting my ass,
JUST to keep me "in check"
LOL
could be,,, you never know!!!!!

Oh well, Lesson learned,,,,, I learned a couple of those, this week :wink:

Im sooooo excited for my son's birthday!!!!

I just TRY to look at the bright side of everything nowadays,,, whenever I start to get bummed out about
something, I think about how things USED TO BE, and how they are NOW.

and it REALLY,,,could be SO much worse........

Oh,
and the reason i said something about filing bankrupcy was because, if I had MY CHOICE,
i would not have almost two weeks' pay in my pocket,,,,
but there's not much I can do, about that until after the "tax season" and we file.
we used to have a bank account, until a deposit was GARNISHED out of it,,,,
the WHOLE thing,,,
imagine,
driving to the bank on your last THIMBLE full of fuel,
and parking, walking in, filling out a "withdrawl slip"
and the cashier,
looks at you like your dog died,
and hands you a letter, with a big red stamp saying "GARNISHEE"

yep, it happens, probably daily ................

I do have a lil savings acct, where my boss banks, so I can cash my paychecks
this bank is a "privately owned one"
and the banker, told me they DONT garnish anyone' acct with less than $150
so I keep about a hundred bucks, in there for emergencies.

anyways,
you all made me feel alot better,,,
and that's a great story, too kelly :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Sad News
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:34 pm 

So sorry Amber for your loss of your hard earned money. Did you by chance tell the store and anywhere else in that parking lot that someone could take it too? Have you called the local police to see if a nice person did in fact turn it in? I'm sure it's probably lost but it doesn't hurt to dot your i's and cross the t's.

It is so very good to read how you've handled it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amber, I am right there with garnishing. We were both laid off, me for 2 1/2 years and my husband on and off as he works seasonal. Anyway, a month after I got a real good job, they started garnishing more than half. We can barely pay our rent (we lost our house). So yeah, we are saving up for bancruptcy as well becuase no one will work with me. I offer to pay a 100 per month on a 3000 credit card bill and they said no... and we had a few since I used to do very well. And they are also coming after us for the house we lost since we had a second mortgage. We were basically homeless and are trying to get on our feet and no one cares. They want their money and they want it now. We feel forced to do this just so we can survive. And yes not to be a hypocrite my spending habit didn't help... but even with the money we will be saving from me quitting, we just got a letter that an additional 300 for school loans will be taken out EVERY pay check. Now I can't get rid of that, but I can get rid of the other stuff.

I usually do not run my notes through grammar and spelling checks... so in advance... please excuse my grammar and spelling errors!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:51 am 

Amber, I have to say that your post makes me feel way more happy than sad for you! I mean, I HATE that you lost some of your hard-earned money! If I were a bazillionaire, I would definitely make that up to you. But the positives in your life SO outweigh the negatives!!! I'm absolutely thrilled that your family is doing so well! You've been reaping the rewards of so much hard work!

I know that things won't necessarily be all smooth sailing from now on, but I'm confident that you will be able to tackle anything that comes along. You are on your way!

Amy