It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Levels
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:32 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I just got put on sub tuesday my doctor wantin me takin 4 8mgs a day 1 every 4 hours and ive only been taking 2 and i go back tuesday and will be tested will he know if im not taking them as perscribed? But they told me if they ever have to retest me it will cost 25$ so i was thinkin that it wont because thats cheap so dont think its goin to the lab.

Post subject: Re: Levels
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tulsa

That's a lot of sub, 32 mg a day is not usually prescribed. Even the way you explain it is not usually how it's taken. This medication is usually taken once or twice a day. Maybe you should call the doctors office and ask if the pharmacist got it correct.

As far as levels, in my area the urine has to be sent to a lab for that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:28 am 

Hey Tulsa.
This is a very high doses, but my question is are you a pain patient? ,or just how high was your tolerance? At any rate im sure your dr means well, but if your doing fine on 16mgs so be it.
Discuss this with your Dr wwhen you see him again. Buprenorphine is very potent and alittle gos aloug way. It also has a ceiling effect at the lower doses begining for many at 4mgs. 32 mgs is way above the ceiling. Its ok, your not doing anything wroug, but you do want to find the dose range that will keep you out of wd, and starve off cravings. 32 gs will do that, but will also increase side effects. ..
As far as testing, if it is a simple ua, no they wont know your on 16mgs ...

Razor..

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:41 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I totally agree with razer. No one really needs that much. My understanding of this is that 1mg of Bupe is 20 mgs of Methadone. So 32mgs=640mgs. If you put it in that perspective, it kinda blows your mind. Don't it? :shock
Here is the conversion website.
http://www.medcalc.com/narcotics.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:49 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

i got em for addiction not pain and i was takin tabs take 8 to 10 10s at a time evry day for over 4 years but they told me at the office to take 1 every 4 hours he gave me 30 for a week my bottle says take 1 to 4 tablets everydayin divided doses as needed but for the ones who get it sent to a lab how much do u pay for it cuz i dnt pay anything unless they have to re do and its 25$

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It is crazy and beyond sad if you have a doctor prescribing you 32 mg of sub taken four times a day FOR ADDICTION. For PAIN that might and I really stress might make sense. Even then... WOW. But for addiction I can assure you that contidicts every best practice I've seen. Some states have limits at 16 mg and more and more insurance will not pay for more than 16 mg a day. You are wasting most of the med which is why insurance won't pay. The doc is increasing the chance for diversion. Plus there is no reason to dose more than once every 24 hours at that level. This is just all so wrong. I'm glad you are taking only 16 mg. even that for most people is too high.

As for the cost of tests that look for levels, etc. many can cost as much as $200 just for Bup. My doc, once and once only ordered a standard panel that the lab salesperson convinced him was a good idea. This included levels and details on drugs I'm negative for. Talk about a waste! Detail testing on a substance not even present!!!!! Anyhow, that complete panel was nearly $700!

So, we have 32 mg/day, most of which is wasted - at a monthly cost over $1,200. Then we have $680 for quantitative testing. Add it all up and the cost to a single patient, not including paying the doctor bill is $22,560! Is there any wonder why healthcare Costs and insurance rates are out if control?

Like I said, this is just so wrong!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Levels are when they send them off to lab. It is very expensive because i have seen the price and they test for any and everthing. My dr. sent them out were talkin hundreds of dollar for level- do u have ins.? and that is a super high dose- i would talk to him to lower your dose- you will have a hard tim coming off that dose. just sayin- have a great day