It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Levels low
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

HI

I have been on suboxone for 4 months. The Dr. just took me off saying my urines are not showing the amounts that I am taking. Could me having Hep C be the cause of this. He just shut me off. He suggested that I am selling my pills. I am not selling them I take 16 mg a day is it possible that I am sweating them out I have lost 26 lbs in 2 months. I told him that it must be my liver, they refused to listen
Any help I would appreciate it greatly

Sean

Post subject: Re: Levels low
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Sean and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear that you were dismissed by your sub doctor. That's terrible and you must really be upset, especially when you are taking your subs as directed!

I think first I would go to your personal physician and find out why they might not show up as in the Hep C you mention, and second I would immediately be searching for a new sub doctor. There are more and more doctors able to prescribe subs, and I'm sure you could find another in your area.

Is there any chance this current sub doctor would let you take the 16mgs of subs in his presence for a few days or so and then check your levels to find out what they show at that time? If they show an amount different than what you are taking it would prove your point and dismiss his tests as being inaccurate. He may not want to listen at this point, but if you were adamant that you had taken your subs as prescribed and told them in person you wanted to take your meds in his presence for a few days and then have the urine tests, that may keep you as their patient?

I don't know if it's possible for you to drive to his office for a few days in a row to take the subs in their presence, but if you want to continue with this doctor it might be worth it. Plus it would be awesome to prove them wrong when you are taking the subs as you are suppose to be doing!

My suggestions anyway here Sean. Good luck to you and hope things begin working in your favor. Please let us know how it turns out and how your doing. Take care.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

This happenend to me twice during induction and it baffled my Dr. and was dumbfounded because I had taken both doses as prescribed and when I went back for the test it came back without any bupe in it. No one ever blamed me though and then on third try we finally got it to show up normally. Ive also had a test read false positive for marijuana and I hadnt smoked since years ago and it shows up dirty. They were joking around "oh so it says that your back to lighting up the old weed pipe again" and I told them no it must be a false positive and I was a bit concerned that it wouldnt get corrected but I told them it was for sure a faulty test and I retested and sure enough it came back clean. Sometimes they make mistakes whether they want to admit it or not but you have to be persistent when you know you are innocent, and if your guilty best to just fess up once you get caught like that and be honest and talk with them, IME people usually give you a second chance if you fess up and are honest. Either way I hope for the best for your situation OP, I know how frustrating it is being told your drug test is off when you know you havent been messing around.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

'Quantitative testing' is not near as reliable as the people who sell it claim it to be. There are MANY variables that affect buprenorphine levels-- efficiency of absorption, presence /absence of meds that interfere with liver enzymes that break down buprenorphine, etc.... I like brown's idea of taking doses in the docs presence and retesting.

I would LOVE to see some of the people kicked out for BS reasons sue their doctors; forcing a person off buprenorphine is a life-endangering thing to do, and too many doctors get away with doing it for BS reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As mentioned up thread offer to take it in their presence. If truly not taking 16 mg a day then taking that dose would be a real kick in the rear. Certainly might be worth a complaint to the medical board. PAX