It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: let the battle begin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Here I am 38 yrs old with 2 boys. Ive been on /off opiates. I had quit 1 1/2 yrs ago. Relapsed and have been back since. I have currently weened myself down to 2mg of sub a day. I need to get off this sub. I need to make a plan and try to get some time off work when I am ready to jump off sub for good. I feel totally lost in life. I want my life back!! I have done it before but I am and ascared to ask for help due to myapse. I am going to try and document and win this war. I have nobody as of now and hope to have anybody help me with this journey. As of today July 2 2012 I am on 2mgs of sub. I plan to go to 1 1/2 Mg in 4 days. I will stay on here till I beat this war.! Thank you all anthony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

what do you mean youre scared to ask for help because of relapse?

Im rooting for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I need time off work when I jump. I'm scared to tell them. I fear losing my job. I also need help from friends and family. These people were here for me before a year and a half ago when I quit. I'm just scared this time its gonna be like enough is enough. Also if I don't work I don't get paid. I feel alone and scared to tell everyone again I need support. Thank you

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi mytwosons,

I too have been tapering off of suboxone. I was on 8 mg for 2.5 years and felt it was time to try tapering and take a shot at abstinence. From January to April I went from 8 mg to 1.5 mg pretty easily. Early in May I had surgery so I stayed at 1.5 mg for about 2 months. I decided to pick back up and am on my 3rd day today at 1.25mg. So maybe we are close to each other in dosage.

After being on this forum for a few years I have read about some great results from the people who tapered very slow and low. It seems if we do that and be patient, don't do too much too fast and really get down past at least .25mg, we may not suffer too much acute withdrawal at all. there is a poster, laddertipper who went down super slow to 1/16th of a milligram! She said she felt NO ACUTE W.D. at all. Pretty cool to hear. I also think its important to stay at each level until our bodies and brains are ready to do another reduction. I think 2 weeks is pretty good altough sometimes i try after 1 week. On the other hand, those who jump at too high or don't taper slow and low have some pretty gnarly results.

I also like AA meetings although I haven't been in quite a while. I also had alcohol problems too but I think I prefer it out of the 12 step fellowships. I am mentioning this because I think it's crucial to have addiction counseling, a therapist or meetings to help us when we do make it to abstinence. I am not a super 12 stepper but I like to know there is something to help me if I am struggling and you usually end up helping someone else even if you don't know it.

Good luck I will be reading,

-Glen B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Anthony, this can be done buddy. I jumped at 2mg (i suggest you taper to a lower dose) bcuz I thought it was low enuff plus I had vac days off work already planned. I jumped, I went thru w/ds (rls and insomnia the worst part for me.) I spent 4 days pretty much useless but found this site and read lots of post and learned. 2nd wk I returned to work and felt bad somedays & good others, but I kept pushing thru. By the 3rd week I was begging to feel...clear. Everyday after that just keeps getting better. Im off subs for 37 or is it 38 days now, hell I quit counting!

This is possible. You CAN do it.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey glen bee

Thanks for some advice. I feel the same way about 12 steps and meetings. As for being at 1.25 how long do you plan do stay on that ? I was planning on dropping. 25 every 4-5 days. Allowing for sat-sun to hope body adjust to lower dose. Sounds like we. Are around same area in dose. I think this sub is making me mental. Life is hard but I don't need this double edge sword of sub. In my life anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

95 shaking

Its so weird cause your story is what I read and gave me hope. I read your story and hear we are talking. Your story hit me hard when you wrote about you and your son spending a great day together maybe it was fathers day you said. Also I give you much props on how you went back to work. I mean how the heck did you push through that?? How long did you take off work from when you did the jump? I'm going yo try and get 2 weeks off work and at least below 1mg hopefully more like. 50 or. 25.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How's it going my two sons?

mytwosons wrote:
Hey glen bee

As for being at 1.25 how long do you plan do stay on that ?

I plan on staying here for 7 days. Today is day 5, so far so good. I find that it takes that long for me if I am going to have a reaction to a reduction. I am taking my sweet time too although I just realized I have a good opportunity to try and jump in early September so I hope can get low as possible by then because I am going to try no matter what and see what it's like.

Hope ur doing well today.

Gb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

95shakin wrote:
Anthony, this can be done buddy. I jumped at 2mg (i suggest you taper to a lower dose) bcuz I thought it was low enuff plus I had vac days off work already planned. I jumped, I went thru w/ds (rls and insomnia the worst part for me.) I spent 4 days pretty much useless but found this site and read lots of post and learned. 2nd wk I returned to work and felt bad somedays & good others, but I kept pushing thru. By the 3rd week I was begging to feel...clear. Everyday after that just keeps getting better. Im off subs for 37 or is it 38 days now, hell I quit counting!

This is possible. You CAN do it.

8)

Is it that bad jumping from 2mg? I thought 2mg was extremely low? I figured you wouldn't even get withdrawals jumping from 2mg's but I guess I was wrong. Damn...this is not good news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok maybe I made it sound worse than it was in that last post. I really felt ok after the 4th day, not marathon runner ok, but I could get around and accomplish things. If you've read my original thread "RLS and insomnia" you find out I didnt have clonidine for the first 2 wks. I believe that was my biggest screwup thru the whole process. I didnt know anything about it before Romeo suggested it. Once I did get some, It gave me the sleep I needed that the w/ds deprived me of.
W/ds come different for eveyone and at different times but we all get insomnia and most ppl get RLS. Clonidine was a godsend for me against those 2 foes!
As far as going back to work, I had 11 days off for the jump and was "tired and energyless" but made it to work on day 12 and pushed thru the day. Yeah it was rough (bouts of fatique thru the day) but I wanted off these things so I stuck it out. Its got a lot to do with frame of mind also. Decide when is best for you to jump and be prepared to jump on that date. Keep in your mind that you wont always be in w/ds, they will eventually go away and you will be FREE!

Phillip- I hope this post gives you a better feeling! Honestly if you have a week off work 2mg is not THAT bad to jump from.
I have read that a lower mg jump is easier than 2mg is why I suggested it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
Hi mytwosons, Im new here too and I hope I can give you a little advise and good information about the withdrawl process.Im nine days off the sub....I made the jump at 8 mill.....its three thirty in the morning and still no sleep so here I sit again. I also had to figure out a way to get the time off work and Im supposed to go back to work in three days.....Im not sure how that mess is going to go. When you get to your last dose of sub, make sure that last dose is taken three days before your last day at work. That way you can still be working for the first three days of your withdrawl process.....you won't feel any huge withdrawls until about day four or five. I don't want to scare you, but sub withdrawl is quite a bit different than most opiat withdrawls as it comes on very slowly.....and then it lingers.....it fools you for a few hours and you will think you are feeling much better and then it kicks your ass again......I really thought that since Im nine days in, the worst part is over....The RLS is now in my arms and hands and legs....and feet...my legs are so weak and heavy right now.....but remember I jumped at 8 mil!! Im exhausted but I can't sleep....Im going to see if I can get some clonadine from my doctor for sleep. If you can get two weeks off from work, do it!! I have to go back in three days and Im seriously wondering if Im going to be able to do it. My job requires that Im on my feet for ten hours...no breaks. Im also 50 years old, so the withdrawls could be more severe due to my age....I wish you the best in your journey through this hell we call withdrawl.....the worst part is finding the time to get through it.....and Im sure that your process will be much easier on you since your tapering down so much before you jump...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Akamsc, If you can get the clonidine and then some rest you will be suprised at how well you can push thru a day of work. Sure you will get tired and/or cranky throughout the day but you will be amazed at how the body will react to you keeping busy. It all feels like a rollercoaster ride, up 1 minute down the next but just remember the ups will return and each day they last longer & the lows shorter and less frequent. Before long, you will have quit counting days and telling everyone how you too, have beat this BS!!

Keep up with the frame of mind you have as well as sense of humor and you've got this by the balls!

Good Luck and Keep Fighting!!!