It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey, I sent you a PM but am not sure if it went through because it shows in my outbox and not sent box.

I just wanted to say I am so sorry you are going through this. I am also from Oregon and a young female. I wish you all the best. I know a great DR near POrtland, OR that will only charge off a sliding scale. They also send you home with enough subs till you can get your RX. Let me know if youd like that info, depending on where in OR you live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OK, well, I am an expert, having been arrested over 50 times and done the better part of two decades in prison. Those cops, frankly, are full of shit. They're hoping you'll cave in and rat someone out, but if you don't, it's unlikely in the extreme that they're going to come back and even if they do, possession of a small amount of suboxone is unlikely to result in anything but a little slap on the wrist, especially if you've never been in trouble before.

If it were me, I'd do nothing, and I would NOT call them. Just leave it alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all so much. I havent found a free lawyer yet...ive kinda been hiding out. but its been about 4 days now and I have had no phone calls or apreances at my home of cops loking for me yet so......hopfully you guys are right. It would really suck if i went to jail and kicked in jail or had a felony on my now clean record....or both. Im just an addict trying to privetly kick and am being bullied by the portland police for it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:36 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have to agree with everyone. LAy low, don't contact them. I think you said you got a lawyer or legal advise, that is very good. I don't think they will contact you either. Some cops are such douchebags. But, for the poster who said

THE POLICE ARE NOT OUT THERE TO ''HELP'' YOU
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY. THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS NO MATTER HOW
SMOOTH THEY TRY TO LAY IT ON YOU.

I hope you were just talking about those cops and not all cops......

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

Post subject: like i said
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Go to an outpatient program . Tell them your an addict nd need help. Find a doc if u can. When u see the judge he or she u re trying to help your self. It will def work. Trust me. Do it now. And pass the drug test thry give u at the place. My felony dropped down to a violation caus of that. And try to get a real script too. Doo it now..my felony was dropped to a violation cause I did that. Do it.

Post subject: its been a week
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Its been a week and no problems so far...I called the county court house to check to see if I had any warrants and so far I dont. Thank you all so much for telling me im ok. I want you all to know i am taking the advice of those who said to get my subs legally from now on. To those who said the cops arent out to help you...that is 100% true. This is a perfect exsample of our city cops corruption in portland OR. But you guys really helped me out alot and thank you so very much. I will post again if there are any problems in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You should try to hook up with this MissH she seems to have some help and advice for you and stop worring about the cops there not coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:15 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

meanamean wrote:
Yes the cops tokk my ID and gave it back so they have my name address and stuff. They told me what will happen is they will put the pills and info in a envelope that will sit on their desk for a few days and if i dont call they will forward it directly to the DA as a convicted felony and they will issue a warrant out for my arrest. As far as them searching my purse...the driver of the vehicle gave consent to a search. does that matter?

I am a judicial assistant to a sitting criminal judge. Unless the officer had probably cause to search you, then the evidence (Suboxone) cannot be used against you in a court of law. Regardless of whether or not the driver gave access to the officers to search the car, that does not include your personal property.

Our rights as citizens includes the right to remain silent. I cannot stress to you how important it is to exercise this right. I would not contact these officers under any circumstances. If they call you and ask you to come in, I would tell them that you have been advised to not speak with them without an attorney present.

If they DO charge you, which I doubt, and you cannot afford legal representation, then the courts will appoint one for you. Any attorney worth their degree, including a public defender, will file a motion to suppress the evidence against you and it will most likely be granted.

I am not a lawyer, but I have worked in the legal field for many years both as a paralegal and as a judicial assistant. I cannot legally advise you, only tell you what your options are and what will probably happen.

My recommendation would be to just ignore it. Don't call those officers. I would simply wait and see what happens. If they DO contact you, refuse to come in and see what they say. The DA's office will have to review the case to see if there is sufficient evidence against you and if the officers handled the situation correctly. It will ultimately be left up to them. Talking to these officers can do nothing but hurt you. Exercise your right to remain silent. It can only hurt you if you talk to them.

Just my two, somewhat knowledgeable cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Im not proud of this but i was a in the drug game for a long time to supply my habbit till i actually got hurt an was perscribe oxys but any ways. all these cops did is think you were a drug addict an you will snitch to stay on the streets so you can use an dont get dope sick in jail. also if a cop finds perscription narcotics on a person with no script they have to take you in been threw this myself! your best bet is to just find a lawyer who will do a free first 1 on 1 meeting to go over what happen an see what they have to say. but do not snitch on any one cause in the long run it will just make this worst for yourself. besides if they want someone to be a nark for them they would of taken you to the station right away for all your info not let you go cause for all they know you could leave town an never come back.

but you need to get into treatment asap cause you dont want to fool around with these drugs with no script now that you got caught with them cause the cops will remember you. also if you do get charged with any thing get into rehab b4 you go to court cause it will show you are trying to change your life an thats why you had the drugs in the first place!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad that Libra took the time to comment. I had read your story last week and had a pretty strong feeling that their case was going to be weak at best due to illegal search and seizure. I pretty much thought that giving permission to search the car did not also grant permission for them to go through your purse as it was not part of the car. If your drugs would have been in plain view that would have been different, but if they had to open your purse, that is where they would have ran into trouble. That is very likely why they handled things like they did. Libra seems to have confirmed my origional thoughts on this.

I worked along side the police for over 20 years and can tell you that they will push the line with all sorts of things but when it gets either to the DA or for certain, into court, the details start to matter much more than they do out on the street. If nothing else, you learned a valuable lesson and so have many readers here. For one thing, there is nothing that says you have to give permission to search your vehicle or your person. The fact that they are asking for permission is almost always because they do not have the probable cause to search on their own. If they did, they would have just done the search. They would not ask first. However, they often will ask and it is amazing to me how many people will provide their permission. If you provide permission, all bets are then off and they have a legal search and can use anything they find against you. If you don't provide permission, they cannot search you, or if they do, it won't hold up in court. You are just lucky it was in your purse and not in plain sight. That is very likely what saved you here. That, and the fact that it was not your car and you gave no permission. They may have even thought it was the purse of the driver who did give permission.

I hope you'll get yourself into a doctor and start Suboxone the correct way. It really is important that you do that. For everyone else, please know your rights and don't give them up when you don't have to. Don't ever say more to the police than you have to and never, ever, grant permission to be searched or have your property searched - even if you have nothing to hide. Nothing good can ever come from you speaking to the police or allowing them to search you. NOTHING. In fact, all you really need to do is ask "Am I being detained?" and if they answer that you are not, you are free to walk away and there is nothing they can do. My guess is, if you were not driving, you may have not even had to have hung around. I know you may not have had anywhere to go, but my point is, unless you are being detained or unless they have probable cause, they can only rely on you to help them by talking or giving up your rights. DON'T DO IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:31 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Donh is ABSOLUTELY correct. If the cops are asking, they have no rights. You have the right to say no and you should ALWAYS SAY NO! I don't care if you don't have anything to hide. Unless you are under arrest or they have a warrant, you do not have to speak to them, let them in your home or your car or search your body or any of your personal belongings. And NEVER EVER EVER talk to a cop without an attorney present. If they bring you in for questioning, Do what Donh said.. Ask them if you are being detained. If they say no, then get up and leave. If they DO arrest you, that still doesn't mean you have to talk to them.

I cannot stress this enough EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT! Cops are allowed to say ANYTHING to you... lie to you, say whatever they want. They can tell you that your best friend is going to rat you out to cop a plea when they haven't even talked to your friend... they will say that just to get YOU to talk. Screw'em.... Don't say a word. You tell them you are not saying a THING without your attorney present. However, you ONLY need an attorney if you have been arrested. Everyone has heard that cops will question someone for hours on end, beating a person down until they get a confession, etc., right? Well, to end all that nonsense questioning, all you have to do is state very clearly that you are exercising your right to remain silent and you want an attorney and all questioning will stop immediately. It never ceases to amaze me how much people just LOVE to talk.... I watch these cop shows and these people in there being hounded by the cops and they finally start talking and I'm screaming at the TV "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU MORON! JUST ASK FOR A LAWYER!"

Also, if you aren't officially arrested, they can't hold you for questioning. Just get up and go home. If they want to search you or your personal property, ask them if they have a warrant. If they answer "no", then say "nope, you cannot search my property. I'm leaving! Good bye!"

Gawd. I ain't getting shit done today.

I'm leaving. GOOD BYE! LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yea def never talk to cops. they will make you think your own mom is ratting you out to get the info they want. its actually said that cops break the law more then the average person to obtain evidence from people.

BUt i got to ask im not gonna lie ive said no many times to being searched but they alway found a way to do so??? yes i was selling drugs but i didnt have anything in plain site when pulled over and the car didnt smell like weed so how come they were able to search me? were they actually going against my rights by doing so. it was so bad i got pulled over 7 times in 2006. an was let go free every time once they found nothing. but everytime they would tell me they found a lil weed or pills and if i tell them were the rest is theyll go easy on me and let me go even. but really they never found anything an were just tyring to make me give myself up. also was interogated b4 never actually arrested so all those time i could of just got up a left?????? but wouldnt that just make things worst for me cause then they would think im hideing something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:39 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

My plan, if I were ever to be pulled over and questioned and asked if they could search my vehicle is to say the following:

"I have a friend who is a lawyer and they have always told me to not allow anyone to search my (insert whatever they want to search here) so unless you have a search warrant, I am going to have to deny you access to my (insert whatever they want to search here)"

By saying this, you are following the rules of what you have been told to do by a lawyer... who knows best, right? So, instead of making yourself look "guilty" by refusing, you look as if you are following the advice of a lawyer friend whom you trust. If they keep pushing, just keep repeating the same thing, "I'm sorry, but my attorney friend advised me to never allow a search without a warrant and I trust my friend, so again, I'm going to respectfully decline."

The bottom line is that cops have to have probable cause to search you or your property. They can always make up something to give them probable cause, but why make it easier for them? If they say, "Well, it smells like pot in your car, so we're going to search it" then they've just "made up" probable cause. However, still... remain silent and refuse to answer any questions whatsoever without an attorney. And get the hell away from them as fast as you can if you are not under arrest. I worked for a couple of AWESOME criminal defense attorneys. They specialized in homicides and sex crimes, but we handled our fair share of drug cases. You have NO IDEA how many cases were dismissed because of lack of probable cause. Sure, it's a bitch to get arrested, bond out of jail, hire and attorney to file a motion to suppress the evidence (for lack of probable cause), but it sure beats the hell out of a felony conviction an subsequent jail time.

Hey, can I be the resident legal eagle? Image (Ok, so that's a bat and not an eagle, but I'm an addict so I'm excused)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I've got a little bit of experience in this area, having been arrested over 50 times. "Probable Cause" is a very, very ambiguous term that is definitely subjective and abused by law enforcement pretty much on a daily basis.

Common abuse includes things like:

"I thought I smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle"
"I thought I saw a weapon on the passenger floor board"
"The subject was behaving in a nervous manner"

I respect the police and I know they have a difficult and dangerous job, but I also know they are not all as clean as the driven snow either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:32 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I know a lot of cops in my line of work. Hell, my two best friends at the courthouse where I work are cops. I don't NOT trust them or disrespect cops, but if I don't know them and I'm pulled over and they wanna search my car? I'm not going to make it easy for them. And I'm not talking to them. They can tell me that God him/herself will testify against me if I don't start yacking, I'm going to STFU and tell them I wanna lawyer.

You're right.... probable cause is ambiguous at best. If a cop wants to search your car, they will find ANY reason to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The cop was/is probably an addict took your pills sold/sniffed or whatevered your pills and you will never here from them again!! :lol:

Just my opinion {which means nothing} :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:41 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

hancal106 wrote:
The cop was/is probably an addict took your pills sold/sniffed or whatevered your pills and you will never here from them again!! :lol:

Just my opinion {which means nothing} :lol:

Ha! I think this is the best answer thus far! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The police in the town were I live are ridiculous. I have never been in any kind of trouble except for one speeding ticket when I was like 17 but I was doing drugs (not selling just buying ) and I guess one of the cops here took notice to me hanging around this specific house. I was prbably pulled over by the same specific cop 15 times in one month..I agreed to let him search my car one day bc I was so tired of him pulling me over all the time. Obviously, I knew there was nothing in my car or on me when I told him this but lo and behold he finds a freakin Xanax and a half broken piece when he pulls my car apart and pulls the entire backseat out. So then he tells me that he cant search me but he will call a female cop who can if i dont tell him where i got it from, where the rest are at and some info. Of course, i broke down crying scared to death of going to jail...I thought I was in serious trouble and I really didnt even know the pill was there or I would have taken it back then...So the outcome was he gave me a warning for speeding (?) and then takes the pill and drives off. he didnt put my car back together and he completely dismanntled it. He did pull me over one day after this after I picked my little sister up from school and I told him i was calling the chief of police (since my family has went to church with him and many other law enforcement officers including a DEA agent for a long time)bc I was tired of being harrassed. It was awful esp in front of my 7 year old sister! After that he never bothered me again. Would not even look at me when he seen me out at the local mall. I dont know what was going on with him but I thought it was strange he didnt arrest me for the xanax he found in my car. I am curently a criminal justice major now so i am learning more about how things are done..or how they are supposed to be done anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is just another example of why you never - NEVER EVER - grant permission for police to search you or your car. Just never do it. Nothing good can ever come of it. It's just that simple. Remember the old drug campaign slogan - JUST SAY NO? - well it applies here too and Cutenessb has given a perfect example of why. I suspect that if the officer had to find the pill like he did it would be a pretty easy defense that someone was in your car that had a legal prescription and it fell out of their pocket, purse, whatever, and got lodged in the seat - or any of a dozen other potential reasons and it would have gotten tossed. Still, Cutenessb shows all readers why it's just never a good idea to allow a search by police – JUST SAY NO!!!

Thank you for providing this real world experience Cutenessb - it is very helpful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:50 am 
My question without all the drama... how can you be taking sub as prescribed without a Sub doc?

This is drug addict behavior. This is why a lot of folks look at us as just dope addict that switched drugs. I know sub is all over the place and sold on the street just like H/Dilly's and what ever other drug one wants.

Sub will soon be put in a new delivery systems.. one under the skin to prevent drug abuse. Think they will put Heroin in a new delivery system for the poor junkie that hasn't found they way yet?