It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:16 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi All,

Topic is both legal and hoarding.

Made a police report on lost 'scrip per Docs request. yes, stupid to lose it. Think it is still in house but have not been able to find. I was told they would not ask why I take it. They did. I panicked and said, "chronic pain", and made an off hand comment that it is effective because does not cause me addiction problems- don't think that went in report. Truth is that I DO have chronic pain as a diagnosis. My Doc is very cool re subs and hates the government. Thinks Sub is miracle drug.Of course I ALSO have opiate maintenance which I did not include. I called Doc and nurse and told them what I told cops. They said."OK". But could be construed as a half truth that could end up with me being charged with lying to law enforcement?

Then they asked me where my pain was.Couldn't believe it. I asked why they needed that, told me they needed it. Said "Back and knees." Probably doesn't meet pain Docs threshold, but my Doc codes some of my things that way so my urine tests are paid for by insurance- I do have at least some pain.

They gave my report to a narc and told me to get the report in 4 days. Would not give it to me that day. I m petrified that they will search databases and arrest me for Doctor shopping- saw several Docs and dentists but not at same time. Substance of choice was oxy and Lori. But went to doc on "poppy tea" which could be "drug manufacturing.' if they told them. But are we protected from this? They could bust almost everyone who goes to a Sub clinic. Also have a piece of paper I wrote things on that I shouldn't have one one piece of paper only, but about 8 yrs and beyond data basing. But no statute of limitations.

I am petrified that I will get charged with lying to a cop (I told Doc that I take for pain and he was OK with it), but obviously on maintenance also which I did not say. Also could be charged with pat offenses? Don't want to walk in to get report and be put in cuffs. I have a prior set aside, which was for domestic abuse- should have been put on psyh ward but was arrested. Was extremely manic (a bipolar ) and found pills my wife had hidden amd OD'd. No one was hurt- was really BS and my wife was behind me all the way- really mostly fight with brother in law and pushed wife once. Went to hospital the next day for treatment. Si an arrest could trigger problems and affect my job at an institute of higher education.

But most of us could be charged if cops looked into our history, right? Are they supposed to lay off us? HIPPA does not protect, it gives law enforcement of any kind to get records and not tell you.

My Doc wants to know how many extra I have at appointments. He is a Jehovah's witness and thinks the end of the world is coming. Told me off the record that I should keep some and that, "he doesn't care if I keep extras.for end of world. . . .or Obama care. Crazy, but good for me.

I have a sizable stash. He writes as 1/4 to 1/2 three times per day. If I tapered, probably a couple years if I really tried. Am I paranoid that I will be busted, records and tests analyzed and house searched? Would think they have better things to do, but they may be very concerned about diversion. My printout form the pharmacy is consistent with 'days supply'.

1) Is there limits on stash of legit scripts? Don't have all in original package. More than I report to Doc.
2) Has anyone had legal issues of this type? Am considering calling Doc and saying that my wife was saving some for me as emergency and am OK till next visit. But will that screw me, too since I reported other as lost? So what would you do? Call cops to ask about it? Amend report? Go to pick it up with friend? Call a lawyer first? Am I just paranoid from past bad experiences?? Wish I would not have opened this can of worms. Want to have enough to handle my own taper if need be, though.

Thanks!

Post subject: Lost Meds
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Many states do not allow for doctors to refll lost/stolen, etc. for scheduled meds.

You may want to Google up and see what the laws are in your state.

It may not be a good idea to hoard meds, it is a good ieda to be responsible for medications. This will strengthen your relationship with your doctor and you will not have to talk to the police about chronic pain meds.

In some areas police and other agenices could notify one another and could raise a flag.

In some state people are required to call their doctor if something happens to their meds.

If the meds are still in your house, perhaps you could make a very good cleaning and hopefully find them. It will be bad for the meds to get into the hands of the srong person(s).

Best of luck and you you find your medicine.

Sincerely,

bxr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ I don't think he lost his meds, he lost his script.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Your fine!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Submariner,
You are totally fine!! You have done absolutely nothing wrong....they just need as much info as possible for their reports, although I wouldn't have answered why why and where (pain) questions...still. It will not hurt you.. I am very involved with the local PD and know how it works.they have wayyyyyyy too much to do then look up your script history...plus there IS a statute of limitations on this and it ran out on you a long time ago...plus stashing I'd 100% legal. May be smart to keep the label from your scrips with the meds. Just in case

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:43 am 

I honestly can't imagine that the police are going to charge you with anything. I suppose stranger things have happened, but I really don't think it's going to come to anything. Why would they take the time and fill out all the paperwork just to charge you with "lying"? I'm sure that they get lied to all of the time!

I don't know if I'm seeing the whole picture here. Are you still going to multiple doctors besides your sub doc? What does it mean that you are also on "opiate maintenance"? Are you referring to using the sub as opiate maintenance as opposed to what you told the cops about having chronic pain, or are you saying that you're also getting some other sort of opiates?

I don't think the cops are going to come after you for lying or for things you may have done in the past. If you're not doing anything shady right now, I don't think you need to worry.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In the FUTURE.....
PLEASE DO NOT DOUBLE POST

this is why it becomes confusing,,,, you then have the same "topic" in two
different places, with a whole BUNCH of different answers............

I know on OTHER sites, posts dont get answered, and that's why people
feel the need to do that, but HERE,,,,,,
99% of posts get at least ONE ANSWER.................

Thanks, in advance.........
I was going to combine these, but then I thought this would be a great example of why NOT to do it.
So I left it :wink:

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=60403#60403

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/