It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Leg swelling!
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:05 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello I'm new to this board and so very thankful that it's here! I've been on suboxone for close to two weeks. Things were going really well the first week aside from the drowsiness. The one pleasant surprise was that it was helping with my back pain! I mean like for the first time in years I didn't have any noticeable pain. But then I started to notice I was gaining weight. Each morning I get on the scale I go up 1lb. Now I'm on the 2nd day of major swelling! I mean I can't see or feel my ankle bones or knee caps and my legs are so tight. So I called the doc and he is trying me on a water pill along with Miralax cause that's been another bad problem. So I basically feel like a stuffed marshmallow!
So my question after all that venting is do you think this will go away once my body gets adjusted to taking the sub? After finally finding something that helps my back I would hate the thought of not being able to take it.

Post subject: Re: Leg swelling!
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I absolutely think things will "work themselves out" as time goes by and your body will adjust. At least it did for me. I had the very same thing happen to me in the beginning. I could not feel my toes, feet had swelled so much. I took a water pill for a bit and that helped. Eventually it just stopped happening. As far as the other problem, that still happens from time to time for me and I just take something to help with it. Unfortunatly that is a side effect that sticks around. But you just deal with it when it happens. You can drink more water and incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet and that also helped me. When I don't do that is usually when I have my problems.

Hope this helped.
Good luck with your recovery. So glad to hear it is helping with your back also. A big bonus!