It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Left Overs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok so i was thinking about this the other day and figuerd id share it. I was on suboxone for four years at the end once i got on methadone, i flushed 150+ pills along with cutting up about 60 films. While doing so i was just thinking about how dumb i am considering that would have been a nice pay day. But of course knew that was wrong and for got about it. But on the other side i think about how many people cant afford there meds and would kills for these and for the right reason. SO I was thinking it would be cool if there was some type of leagal program where u can give these pills to people who need them leagally. Or if pharmacys would take them back and charge half for them vs the normal coast.

Just spit balling so lets not pick apart how this would work or not work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well I know that it is illegal but here I sit in my pitty pot cuz I screwed up and believe you me If i knew anyone with some sub's I would not turn my nose up at them. I am waiting patiently for my Dr. to call me back but it seems like he may be brain f*&(ing me at this point. Yeah yeah I f-up and I am paying for it but I would rather get some subs and dose my regulare dose that go out of my mind and then fall into my minds trap. sitting here wishing I could get some:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think it's horrible your Dr hasn't returned your calls. Even if he is not going to give you an early script he could at least have the compassion to inform you so your not sitting there by the phone just hoping it will ring. I am sorry you are suffering, and hope you can stay strong and make it thru this.

Bboy, yeah it is a shame that any meds get wasted. My pcp used to give out tons of samples, if they had a med you were prescribed they would just give you samples every month. I told him I felt guilty for taking it from someone that needed it more than me and he told me that they had to get rid of thousands of dollars of medication every month because of the expiration date. He said that most the meds are fine well beyond the expiration date and how much it pisses them off that they have to throw out all that medication while there are so many that need it. I wish the government could use some common sense while regulating everything. I wonder if medications would be cheaper if there wasn't so much wasted?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think thats a great idea!!! like a food bank, but for perscriptions!! you know, ppl donate food to the food banks all the time, you would think they would have a legal way for folks to donate meds!!
My grandmas on really expensive cholesterol meds, and she only takes one every other day, my grandpa was in the navy, so her meds are totally paid for, but she has a freaking LOT of that lipitor hanging out in the cupboard. Im sure theres somebody out there that needs it.
I just wanted to say I great i thought it was. and we all know the drug manfuctures wouldnt let it go, cuz they like making BILLIONS off us every year!!!!

AND that SUX your doctor hasnt called bboy.........just like breezy said he should call you and at least tell you what he thinks, or WHATEVER. but deff NOT be ignoring you. god I'd go nuts........
I have been in that same predicament more than once......
Hang in there. so sorry that you are going thru it