It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think you're confusing dependence with addiction. Just because something will cause withdrawals doesn't make you addicted, it makes you dependent. It's our behaviors that cross the line into addiction, not the mere presence of the medication in our bodies. It's chasing a high, abusing the meds, not taking them as prescribed, doing anything whatsoever to get a fix. Those are addictive behaviors, they are not the behaviors of someone who is dependent on a medication.

I'm not trying to split hairs, but it doesn't sound like you abused your suboxone (or the methadone for that matter) or tried to get high off it, so I don't think you're a "suboxone addict". I think you're merely dependent on them. There is a huge difference.

That said, I know you're going in for the detox on Monday. I truly hope it is all that you expect it to be. Take care and keep us posted on your progress.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am really surprised at the treatment I have received here. You are all class acts. Truly. And since joining, I have learned a lot. I should have done this months ago.
I will be gone for a week. I am expecting to feel pretty crappy for a bit, but I will post as often as I can and give updates. I think that everyone is entitled to the truth. Whether it be good or bad. Whether it works or doesn't.
This way other people will not get false hope if one day they want to do the same thing.
Thanks again to everyone.
I will still be checking in on this forum until Sunday night before I leave. So I am more than happy to chit chat until then.
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was only letting people know why I had decided to do RAPID DETOX.
Why would anyone be scared if it is working for them? That's weird...........
I only posted here for advise. People had questions that I could not answer at one time. So I left that info.
I am not ANTI-SUB. I JUST DO NOT LIKE THE MED FOR MY RECOVERY.
You just came onto this post. Not sure if you have been following it. There was nothing in the post that people should not already know from their Dr.
My case was that I was NOT told by my Dr. And I am going on 3 years.
Sorry if you were insulted. That was not my intention.

As far as the posting rules:
I am OBVIOUSLY choosing NO MEDS. That wasn't a debate. It was "information" that led me to my decision....
You got your wish. The post WAS deleted.

So, I leave tomorrow and will be updating the people who ARE interested in how my recovery is going when I get back in a week.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:41 pm 
I decided to exercise my super powers and clean this thread up a little bit. I sincerely hope that I haven't offended anyone by doing so.
Here is what I did and why:
I edited Sugarcain's post removing a few lines that talked about where she was and was not going for her Rapid Detox. This is not the place to advertise or advocate a specific treatment center. I also deleted her opinion about marijuana because I see no relevance to the topic at hand, it's a devisive subject, and it has been discussed elsewhere on the forum.
I deleted RonnieSr's post about the post I edited from Sugarcain for obvious reasons - a) it's irrelevent being that I deleted that part of Sugarcain's post, and b) it was rude.
Lastly, I deleted ReRaise's response to RonnieSr because I feel like I took care of his complaint for him and for everyone else.
This is the first time I've ever touched anyone else's post. Please don't come after me for 'censorship' violations or anything. I am just trying to keep things on topic. This topic has some really good stuff in it and I think it will be read by many people who are looking at their options for treatment. Dr Junig was good enough to post on it and I'd like it to remain intact for the benefit of the reader. But the extraneous garbage needed to go, in my humble opinion.
Okay? I appreciate each and every one who participates here. I truly do. We can "agree to disagree" without getting ugly....seriously!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I guess my question about Naltrexone has been answered. Obviously, getting on Naltrexone for long-term addiction treatment is not going to work for someone like me who, at the age of 46, has been relapsing back to opiate abuse for the better part of two decades.