It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So glad someone is at least trying to hold this company accountable. Thy might win too. It is SO CLEAR what RB has been trying to do. Clear as night and day. Clear as an entire tub of ice cream gone and only 1 person in the house who could have ate it.

http://pennrecord.com/news/9315-reckitt ... r-suboxone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOW Maleko thanks for that. That article sums up exactly what RB have been doing to a TEE, and exactly what Dr. J's been saying all this time. For years Dr. J and members of this forum have been trying to show the world what RB have been up to, and now the day's come. I'm actually pretty happy about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:45 am 
Coercing the doctors to use prescribe the film... Hold on to you receipts guys and gals. I smell a nice class action lawsuit coming up after this case is over. FINALLY... Next one is going to be against like 90% of the doctors for being in on this racket. 5 minute doctor appts. double booking appointments. not accepting insurance. not writing for generics since they've been R&B's dope-boys for the last 7 years. That's alright these docs may have got some money off of me. BUT, i can guarantee i'm going to get it back ten-fold here. Might not be today or tomorrow. But it's all going to come to the surface here soon.

I know this is not all doctors. But a huge handful of them are going to have there day in court. And it's going to make me so happy. As happy as i can get do to suboxone making me emotionless. I excercise 4-5 times a week. So i don't wanna hear it's because im fat and lazy. Far from it. This stuff doesn't make me happy, sad, excited, bored, tired, nothing.. I don't get any ups and downs. I'm in limbo. Im just here. The days just fly by when i take this drug. Sober people are lucky that they are able to laugh without forcing a laugh. They don't have to force themselves to cry when normally i'd be ballin my eyes out. Sex is mediocre at best. Climaxing is supposed to be a nice euphoric rush. For me it's like 10% as enjoyable as it should be. Bupe most block that aswell as opiods. Funny.... Not

I want off but i keep rushing. I just want to get this crap behind me. Why did i sentence myself to limbo. : ' (
Jeez maybe i can feel emotion..... thinking of myself taking this drug puts tears in my eyes of pure frustration. Screw "remission" I choose life! Even if that means i risk my life trying to get there. There is no point in this remission stuff for me. At some point i guess i have to cut my losses and run with it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm happy to see this but let's be honest RB has been ready for this the type of lawsuit since day one. And with the amount of money they are making I'm sure they have some serious connections in high places. I'm just not going to get my hopes up.

Post subject: Weird
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

will430 wrote:
Coercing the doctors to use prescribe the film... Hold on to you receipts guys and gals. I smell a nice class action lawsuit coming up after this case is over. FINALLY... Next one is going to be against like 90% of the doctors for being in on this racket. 5 minute doctor appts. double booking appointments. not accepting insurance. not writing for generics since they've been R&B's dope-boys for the last 7 years. That's alright these docs may have got some money off of me. BUT, i can guarantee i'm going to get it back ten-fold here. Might not be today or tomorrow. But it's all going to come to the surface here soon.

I know this is not all doctors. But a huge handful of them are going to have there day in court. And it's going to make me so happy. As happy as i can get do to suboxone making me emotionless. I excercise 4-5 times a week. So i don't wanna hear it's because im fat and lazy. Far from it. This stuff doesn't make me happy, sad, excited, bored, tired, nothing.. I don't get any ups and downs. I'm in limbo. Im just here. The days just fly by when i take this drug. Sober people are lucky that they are able to laugh without forcing a laugh. They don't have to force themselves to cry when normally i'd be ballin my eyes out. Sex is mediocre at best. Climaxing is supposed to be a nice euphoric rush. For me it's like 10% as enjoyable as it should be. Bupe most block that aswell as opiods. Funny.... Not

I want off but i keep rushing. I just want to get this crap behind me. Why did i sentence myself to limbo. : ' (
Jeez maybe i can feel emotion..... thinking of myself taking this drug puts tears in my eyes of pure frustration. Screw "remission" I choose life! Even if that means i risk my life trying to get there. There is no point in this remission stuff for me. At some point i guess i have to cut my losses and run with it.

Weird....I have been on Sub for years and it has NEVER affected me that way. Methadone did, but not Sub. I feel. I laugh. It has absolutely zero affect on my sex drive and climax. I'm so sorry :( Are u on any other medication that could be causing it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:56 pm 
maleko- im prescribed ativan and ambien every month. It's been over 3 months since i've indulged in either one of those. I've never had a addiction with benzos or z drugs. I rarely rarely take those even though i allow the VA to continue refilling them for me and sending em in the mail to me. Figure the day i get off of subs i think i will have a big stock of these to help me at my times of weakness.

Seriously though, I think that my experience on subs being so bad. Is positive reinforcement to get away from em. It's usually those who never have issues with this drug that stay complacent and never get off. Or wait untill they have to taper. Then all the sudden freak the hell out. I wish i had any other reason to point out the culprit to what's making me feel bad. The only drug i take daily is bupe. I suppose i've been sober on this junk in the regards of not doing other opiates/opiods. But yet i continue to relapse on sub. >.<

It's cool, i just think that this crappy drug taking ahold of me really puts life and recovery in perspective. I understand that whole thing between addiction and dependence. But i still call bupe my drug of choice now a days since it is. I freak out if i stop taking it. i feel terrible when i do take it. There is no difference this and the other opiods i was taking. I tried pretending that sub was more then just a shady racket from dealers with script pads and a degree on the fridge. I really tried to think differently. I've read some positive experiences from others. That's fine and dandy that it's working for you. Your asking me to see what's in front of you. and im asking you to see what's in front of me in regards to this junk (bupe) I know that's im probably not going to get any answers besides to taper off. Ya know, it feels good to rant and rave though and get this off my chest. Me hating this drug is actually beneficial to my recovery as i feel better when i smash this racket. I get off the computer after a post like this and I feel empowered with myself that i can get away from this crap. It's the rock bottom of being a sub junkie daily. It helps. Even if people get sick of hearing it. it helps. Life outside of this inner battle is going good. im a security guard now. and i'm getting promoted to captain of the site in one week. My life is ok. But not complete as im never done fighting untill i get where i need to be. Slowly but surely. Im breaking the chains. Maybe i'll take my pyscho babble talk to a blog since alot of people here just can't seem to wrap there minds around the fact that this stuff one day may turn on them. I to thought nothing about this drug as i ignorantly took it for months and months. I know this much. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm with you will. Check out my thread emotionless you find you are far from alone. Suboxone ruined my life in so many ways its not funny.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:51 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am new to the forum as well as any forum. I was forced onto pain killers in 2000 after a near fatal car accident. Then immediately dropped after months of prescribing. That was my first experience with percocet. Since then I have been on Suboxone 8/2 @ 3 a day. Mine is for the pain more than any rehab. My scripts are for chronic pain as well and insurance at one time covered for that reason. Rarely has insurance paid. In my early months only.

So I see this lawsuit today and start praising the states and DA for finally getting on top of this. So sick of hearing generics are coming only to be let down.I pay my Dr $400 per visit!! Then I pay another $800 per month CASH for meds!!! This for 15 years now! Do that math! That is two vehicles annually or one nice new one a year! I am a successful business owner and this drug saved my life! Without it my business is gone, family gone, life gone!!! Stop complaining about the moods and the emotion! Be happy your not a junkie that cant get it man! Pray for the lawsuit to go our way. We all deserve it for being preyed on like little pawns in a game of monopoly these sorry crooked cowards have been involving our lives and livelihood in. I hope they crush RB and put the ceo and higher administrative staff and stockholders in such a state the only option left for them is a nice rope with a rolling office chair in the penthouse plaza in whatever metro city they are in with tip toes bouncing until the worthless garbage slips and the rope controls his fate just as he has mine for so long! No remorse for these lowlife maggots! Rest In Pieces RB! Little Bitty Crushed Crumbled Pissed on Pieces!!! I only wish I could have my day in front of the coward that made the calls to take so much of my money! Only 5 minutes and I could sleep easy from there on!

I wish you all the best! Stay forward without rearviews even attached! Use blinders if necessary! The first and most important step is hitting bottom! Owning your life is next! Then living it last! Screw stereo typical pharmacist and ignorant people who are spoiled with easy lives never have faced the dilemas of addiction and pain! Yes we are or were weak! But get out of the way weakling because you have no idea what strong is until you stood in my way now!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey jf,

Welcome here. Thanks for stopping in and for the post which lead me to check on the status of the lawsuit. The link below is dated yesterday, September 22, 2016

Thirty-five states and the District of Columbia filed an antitrust lawsuit Thursday September 22, 2016 alleging that British drugmaker Indivior (Reckitt Benckiser) tried to keep cheaper, generic versions of Suboxone off the market. The states are seeking disgorgement of the profits Indivior made as a result of the forced product switch from tablet to film.https://www.firstwordpharma.com/node/1418814
Indivior stock dropped 17% yesterday and down 5% today.

However, the specialty pharma company's stock previously climbed due to:
1) reported Phase III trial success in RBP-6000, a slow-release depot injection of buprenorphine setting it up to win approval by the end of 2017. Indivior has designed the depot formulation to be administered every month, a schedule that could be beneficial to those who struggle to comply with daily regimens.
2) reported Phase III trial success of its schizophrenia drug RBP-7000 that met its primary endpoint, moving it a step closer to its goal of winning FDA approval in 2017.

Idk and I have no medical expertise other than reading lots here and for that reason I'm hesitant to mention dosing. That said, 24 mg/day is quite costly and likely not needed, especially for pain. Most here are on much less and do well. Read around this site. Play w and try the search function at the top. Hate to see you spend all that $$ on meds when it may not be needed. Again welcome and look forward to more from you. Wishing you my best, Pelican

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Honestly, I am completely neutral here. While I do look at RB as being a bit unethical in trying to monopolize the market by (A) when they switched to films and did away with their tablets they were trying to get the government to make any manufacturers of the generic tablets put them in blister packs (and thus making production and consumer costs WAY more expensive so they would not sell as well as RB films) and (B) doing other things to try to make it so doctors exclusively prescribe their films...which I don't know much about but have gathered from this thread.

BUT, on the other hand.....RB discovered/invented the Bentley Compounds, which buprenorphine is one of them. RB was the company that put suboxone on the market for us in the first place. Sure, they have seemed a bit greedy at times and a bit unethical when trying to deal with competitors, but they ARE the inventors and the original founders of this product that has saved so many lives. How would anyone feel in their shoes....to start an amazing and life-saving, lucrative medication to only lose everything when the patent runs out several years later? I, personally would be pissed and would try to find ways to deal with competition. Perhaps we should not be so quick to hate this company that created and marketed this medicine that saves our lives on a daily basis???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you, behaviorgenius, for that balanced and courageous comment....

Reading through this thread shows the differing perspectives people have. I have never understood the populist anger toward some of the businesses, where people have worked to drastically improve our lives. Going off on a big tangent here..... 'Big oil' is the one I have the hardest problem understanding; back when we were all beholden to OPEC in the 1970's, when I till remember waiting in line for gas to be doled out according to 'odds or evens' on your license plate, we all were angry at oil companies. But now we have cheap gas to get wherever we need to go... even the people worried about climate can jump in their jets and race off to Aspen to hold meetings about 'big oil'! Meanwhile the people who work to provide our fuel have the crappiest jobs out there-- living on ocean derick platforms or working at refineries... The people who look for oil in the Dakotas have kept the cost of oil at less than half what it would be without them, so every time you get gas, think about the $6 per gallon you would pay without them. The oil companies make a lot of money for one reason-- we all use oil. When you look at their mark-up, it is less than 5%-- a tiny margin. The US Government makes more from taxing oil than the companies earn for refining it. In comparison, Apple marks up their phones by 300%, and people consider them a 'good' company...

I'm sure someone reading this is angry-- because every kid is taught over and over in school that oil companies are evil. I heard that message myself. But today my water heater wasn't working, and the cold shower wasn't pleasant. I'll fix it tonight, and thank the people providing energy tomorrow!

Anyway... this lawsuit has been going on for a long time. Thank you, Pelican, for the update. I've spoken with a few of the attorneys involved over the years; they contacted me because of the comments on my blog, back when the 'citizen petition' fiasco happened (RB tried to get the US Government to ban generics). The people hoping for CEOs to hang themselves, as one person put it, will be disappointed. RB makes a number of products, and spun off Suboxone in a separate company, Indivior. I don't know how much that protects RB, but we're not talking about the end of a company. Yes, the stock may take a hit-- but it has gone up quite a bit over the years.

As Behavior G pointed out, RB did opioid addicts and future opioid addicts a huge service in getting buprenorphine products to the market. That required a great deal of lobbying, working with lawmakers, working with regulators, etc-- and that takes a LOT of money. If you and 1000 other people had something that would treat addiction, but that currently cannot be used without breaking Federal law, how much money would you spend, hoping that you will change Federal law, convince regulators, and get doctors to use the product? RB went into the deal knowing that doctors would only be able to prescribe their drug after taking a course. That took guts on the part of RB, and was a huge risk.

Yes, they tried to hang onto their patent.... but companies have one boss, i.e. the shareholder. The people whose pensions are supported by RB would have a case of their own, if the company gave up the patent unnecessarily.

We'll see what happens, but I would not expect the lawsuit, no matter which way it falls, to have any impact on clinical practice. But yes-- if a person is taking a buprenorphine product and it is not covered by insurance, see if your doc will prescribe buprenorphine. There is a huge, and wrong, stigma out there against plain buprenorphine.... and that issue DOES make me angry!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I for 1 am just so thankful that RB did what they had to do to get Suboxone for us addicts as a treatment bc treatment centers did not work for me. Suboxone did Absolutely work 100%. I would be scared to death I they took Suboxone off the market after experiencing this sober life for the first time in like 20 something years. Thank God foe Suboxone!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not that there is any chance Suboxone is going off the market or anything. Don't want Anyone to worry. I just wish this lawsuit talk would go away. Makes me a little nervous. jmo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have mixed feelings about big pharma. You guys may or may not be aware, but one of the biggest developments in big pharma lately has been Gilead's combination "cure" for Hep C, which has absolutely revolutionised the field, and has added many quality-of-life years to those who no longer have previously untreatable Hep C as a result of Gilead's cure.

Now the cure doesn't come cheap at all. $95,000 for a 3 month course I believe. Given many insurance companies don't cover, this has caused many people who can't afford the medication to get its generic equivalent posted to them from India. India was, as far as I know, the only country whose high court deemed the medication too important to let Gilead sell it there at such a high premium, so the court allowed generic manufacturers to start producing it right away. Now a lot of American, Australian and European patients are avoiding the high cost by getting generics direct from India.

This is all well and good, however I got a bad feeling in my gut when I recently joined up to a Hep C support group on Facebook where people posted up really derogatory memes and posts about Gilead while bragging about how well their generic treatment from India was going.

I'm not particularly against people cutting out the person with the patent like these people are if they cannot afford the medication otherwise. What left me feeling ugh about the whole thing was these people's attitude toward the company that INVENTED the cure that's going to add so many quality-of-life-years to their lives. You can cut out their profits, but why add insult to injury by disparaging the same company that created the cure you're benefiting from. If Gilead were not around at all, or if Gilead knew so many people would cut out their profits by going to India, they might not have bothered to pump so much R&D $ into it in the first place.

Big pharma is one of the reasons our quality of life is so great here in developed countries...