It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: last dose today
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone,today is the day I will b taking my last dose of subs. Half of .25 in about 10mins.I'm def a little freaked out about what is to come but I think that's normal.hope by monday I will b feeling better & better each day.I've wanted this day & been scared of this day for a while but there's only one way to the other side & that to go thru it. I wish there were another way but u know what I'm saying.thru this I just got to remember it won't last forever.there is a light at the end.I WILL B LOOKING VERY HARD FOR THAT LIGHT! Lol.I'm epexting the worst so if its not to bad that will b great!I will let ya'll know how it goes with a open mind to try to tell u how it feels truthfully not just clouded by not feeling good.cuz looking back at my. Taper from 2mg to .25 in about 2months hasn't been to bad at all.so thank u all!! Here we go! Yee f'ing yah! Ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:24 am 
Hey....Hey!! Off you go Ratt!! You know we're all pulling for you! You've done a good job with your taper and gotten down pretty low on that dose and you seem to have a good attitude.......that should help tons!
I replied to your other thread yesterday. But I want to just say again that if you find yourself in a bad place in a few days, I don't think it would be the end of the world for you to allow yourself to dose a little crumb of Sub. I know you've already done a good taper, but the only thing I was thinking might make it all a little easier would have been to skip days between doses.
If that isn't possible or isn't what you want for whatever reason, the other thing I'm thinking of is requesting some 'comfort' medications from your doctor. I know some folks coming off Sub have had an easier time by taking Clonidine and a very low-dose short-term benzo and/or Ambien for sleep at night. Of course, make sure you have all your support people in place, keep yourself busy, work out and eat healthy and stay hydrated!
Please keep up your posting of your experiences. Just the other day there was a question about what dose one could 'jump off' at and not be uncomfortable.....you'll be able to give a response to that one way or the other!!
Have a fantastic day......I'll say a prayer for you!

Post subject: Best of luck....
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:17 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi ratt396,
I don't usually root for the RAT's but in this case I will make an exception.... LOL! :)
It sounds like you have done everything right to get yourself ready for this "jump off"!!! I would also ask that you keep posting so others can learn from your experience.... Anyways I just wanted to wish you luck and let you know that we are out here pulling for you and everyone out here in RECOVERY!!!! Best of luck & take care of yourself.....

God Bless
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank u very much for ur support.I will def kept ya'll posted on how it goes.yeah for sleep issues I've taken about 4 tynonal pm's my hole life & I'm 37 now 38 on the22nd of this month so hopeing a tynaol pm will help. Or maybe a shot off jack after work for the stresses of w/d. I'm not a drinker I've had about 3 Beers in the last 2 or 3 years so no issues there. just a thought for any stresses will c.I look at things 2 ways my chose is to ethier stay on subs the rest of my life or get off of them.that's my choses.I did pain killers for fun&energy nothing else.never had a prob with depressition or any other issues that I need meds for.I know some people got to where there at because of issues of pain etc...that makes things harder.for me thou I didn't need anything befor my mistake of getting hooked so time to get unhooked.def worried about how its going to go but igot my self here so I hav to get my self out.but I thank u all for the support it helps.all b listening to some good music "rock" I prefer just to get that adrenalel going. "Again sorry about spelling"looking at things as a little puishment for what I've done to my family&me not bad punishment good to reminded me not to go there again.just hoping it won't b to bad.will c. There's only one way through. Thanks again!!!ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I completely understand the "punishment" statements but I wish you didn't feel that way because you don't deserve ANY punishment. You deserve the very best life has to offer and hopefully you will find it.

Don't count on the alcohol helping as withdrawal made me sick to my stomach and it made things taste VERY powerful. I had a MAJOR aversion to alcohol of any kind and there were several times I wished I could drink to take the edge off. I did try it at one point but it made me feel lazy and depressed and made me stress out more. That is just me.

I hope you are pleasantly surprised it isn't as bad as you had anticipated. But if it is bad, cut yourself some slack and don't be afraid to go to the doc and get some help. It will at least make you feel like you are doing something and if nothing else, placebo effect is better than nothing.

Oh....and there is restless leg medicine out there that DOES work when you are in withdrawal and doesn't take days to kick in. It also makes you tired but doesn't leave you too hungover. And I agree......if you have to.....take a little crumb to help you get through. I really wish you the best!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ratt: Will you do me and the rest of us a huge favor? This is selfish but I really think you are a great test case for us. The question of how to stop Subs, what happens, how long it takes, etc. comes up all of the time and now we have you as a real live "test case" to tell us exactly what happens. I really hope that you will take the time to do that. Please let us know exactly how you do, how you feel, what goes well, what does not go so well - all of it. Please be as honest as you can. You will be helping all sorts of people.

That's my selfish request. Along with that, I wish you the best and totally agree with SetMeFree and the others who say don't sweat it if you end up taking a crumb here or there. You don't get any "extra points" for suffering. In fact, what would the point of that be? I have a very strong feeling, call it a hunch, that you are going to do very well and not have much in the way of withdrawal. From what I can tell you have done very well in getting to the point that you are at which tells me that this is going to go well for you. But if you hit a bump, so be it, just dose a small dose to help you along. You'll still get where you are going - it just may take a day or two more. And by all means, no matter what, if you start thinking about or in any way craving to go back to opiates, please don't "relapse" back to anything other than Suboxone. Don't even let one, single true opiate be an option for you. It's not an option. It's off the table. If you feel you have to take anything, make it Suboxone and nothing else.

Good luck to you and please post as often as you can about how you are doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I defly will kept posting.& b as honest as I can like thinking how I really feel not what my brain tells me I'm feeling but yes I will tomorow at 1030am fl. Time will b 24hrs now feel fine just the woundering of what I'm in store for that's it. That's the real test not knowing but like I said only one way out.yee hah. Lol I'm laugh now thrus. & fri might b. Adiffernt store but yeah if I absloutly have to I will take a crumb of a crumb but don't plan on it "I feel fine now" lol thanks I'll b ya'lls test dummy lol. Thanks all!! Ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We really ought to develop a questionnaire for people stopping suboxone and once finalized, keep it as a sticky on the stopping suboxone forum. Then we could compile the data. We could have questions such as ....

1. How long were you on suboxone before you began tapering?

2. What dose did you start on and what dose did you end on before stopping entirely?

3. Briefly described your taper plan and how long you remained at each different level before decreasing the dosage again.

4. What time and date was your last dose?

5. First 24 hours: Please indicate below what symptoms you experienced and indicate on a scale of 1-10 how severe the symptoms were with 1 being "not experienced" and 10 being "intolerable".

A. fatigue
B. Restless leg
C. depression
D. Increased heart rate
E. Anxiety
F. Sneezing
G. Watery eyes
H. Yawning
I. Insomnia

etc. etc. etc. Once we got a full list of symptoms experienced by all, the same questions could be asked for each day going through week 6 since that seems to be the longest most people experience the symptoms. We could also ask whether or not someone was able to work that day and if so, in what capacity were they able to function. There could be a section for each day re: fluid intake, exercise, meds taken. There could be a height / weight question. This is pretty detailed but over time it would be interesting to see what concrete data was obtained and tends identified.

Just a thought. It is too bad you can't just generate such a questionnaire in here. But the answers would be interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree totally. Wood help me I'll answer a couple if I can remeber them.its now 1112pm fl. Time I'm up but just cuz have stuff to do got kids 3&2 need milk.ok painkillers oxys almost a year last 4 months of that 4 oxy 30's a day,subs been on since april 09 but first 3 months went back & forth from pain meds to subs. Til I figured it out.subs started at 16mg per day.got down to 1mg per day in oct nov 09 things weret right so stayed at 2mg til about a month & half ago then started cut by .5mg per day as my body felt normal again 3 to 6 days.dosed twice a day that was great wasn't crazy by the 24hr point and I think this helps or just could b me I don't take my first dose til 9 to 11 in the morning so I can try to wake up with out subs waking me up then the 2nd btween 6 and 9 so I'm good around the family.so the worst is morning time but I hate morings anyway. Alright getting tired. But still feel fine just the mind f'ing like when will it start,can I handle it,etc...that's the bigest pain now music is good! Just something u like to get u pumped up for me that's saliva right now but I forgot the rest of the questionare sorry lol&sorry about spelling let u know more as it goes thanks to all!! Ratt396

Post subject: Congrats Ratt !
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Not much to say other than congratulations !! Keep us posted on your progress as this is the biggest moment in the suboxone treatment program. Any info. or tips you can provide concerning your transition to the other side will be greatly appreciated.
Well congrats again and best of luck to you. ~Joseph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello all,when its been about 24hrs since my last dose.felt fine last night went to bed about midnight.that's normal for me.did get restless,saw every hour & 1/2hr on the clock til 430 then back up at 630 then out of bed at 730 but didn't take anything for sleep tonight I will take some tynoal pm.but right now I still feel fine "really" just the mind games right now u know"do I feel bad?do ifeel good?yes,no,yes,no"but really feel fine.got up rode the exersize bike for 15mins.that's a lot for me I don't exersize ever but been doing that for about a week now.its got to help some how gets me warmed up in the morning.cuz I HATE the cold!yes I'm in fl. Call me a sissy.lol but anything below 70 sucks. It just pisses me off. Ok sorry bla bla bla. But like I said so far it a mind game a hard mind game but its fine.tonight at 1030pm will b the 36hr mark so will c how things go from there that's the magic hour mark right.just been takeing some extra vitiams.so I'll let ya'll know.thank u all very much!!ratt396

Post subject: Thanks!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:16 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Ratt,
Thanks for the update & please keep us posted on your progress!!!
We are all pulling for you......

God Bless
TW

Post subject: wooo hooo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ratt.... you go, give it all you got!!!! Your gonna make it you sound like you have a good attitude.One day at a time is all it takes.My prayers are with you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You rock, Ratt396. May your withdrawals be easy and smooth. Please do keep posting for those of us who are behind you (I'm dropping from 5 to 4mg today in a slow taper) so we can know the good and the bad! Good luck :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello, quik update its about 300pm. Still feel ok or fine,energy is still ok just feel lazy but getting a lot of work done.its still just a mind thing mostly like I said I did have trouble sleeping last night but didn't take anything.will do some tynoanl pm tonight.cuz I will b at the 36hr mark at 1030 tonight good thing there's not more than 24hrs in a day lol.day is just going slow. But all in all not bad at all. Just the mind thing.thank u all keep cutting thoses doses I didn't have to much of a prob til under 2mg that's when I started to feel things. Thanks again,ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello & good morning all,well its an hour and a half from the 48hr mark.I still feel good "wow" last night the restlessnes was pretty bad but I felt fine just really restless I'd say a 7 or 8 out of 10 being really bad.but still got to sleep at 230 woke up at 715 didn't try to sleep til midnight. Had a shot of jack at 600 last night to just calm my mind down it worked"I don't drink at all"that's the first drink I've had in a year or two.never been the drinker.but so far everything has been fine def dealable.myworst is the restlessnes&the mind thing "when is it starting,do I feel bad,etc...". Energy is still fine just feel a little lazy.but all in all its been ok hope it stays this way!"PLEASE" thank u all sorry a run on & on. Ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

"Had a shot of jack at 600 last night to just calm my mind down it worked"

No problem with that... Cheers... If a shot or two a day works... go for it. Was wondering if you are using anything for Restless legs, and if so... hows it working and what is it. I have had big problems with this in the past.My dr prescribed cyclobenzaphrine HCL and it didn't help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey, nothing for the restless leg just dealing with it. It sucks! But I figure by the time I go to the dr get something I'll b past the most of it. So I just try to rde the exersize bike for 10mins or so & call me a sissy but a hot bath helps some too lol.so far that's the worst of it

Post subject: ratt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am glad you are doing well.I was thinking bout you last night,and praying for all the people here.God bless an take it one day at a time..Have a great day!!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank u very much! Sometimes u forget that there r people out there praying for u during the rough times. Thanks!thanks to everyone!it sucks to say this but when I think about it there is only one way out of this.& that is to go thru it I wish there were another way but there isn't just got to make it easy as u can on ur self"good taper"but I will tell ya'll one thing I live by "god will not give u more than u can handle"so I try to kept that I mind.but anyway thanks to all! I'm a little over 48hrs into it so def not out of it yet. Still expeting the worst & hopeing for the best.working so far lol thanks ratt396 kept livin!