It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:14 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Keep it up ratt, you're showing us all what to expect and giving us hope .Plus you seem to be a stubborn sort of guy who refuses to give in when your goal is in sight, thats what we all need to do sometimes- SHOW A LITTLE BACKBONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks sneaky! Yeah sometimes u just got to b pissed off at the mess u get ur self in to.& that helps the fight out.still a little tired today but like I said took that tylonol pm kind of late so I'm sure that's not helping now but still working so I'm good better than being curled up wanting to die.thanks again! Ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello all,it now been 1 week since my last dose.and I see the fucking light at the end!!sorry about the languge.but hell yeah!my head seems to feel a lot clearer.yesterdays energy was still low but not bad at all just worn out at the end of the day.witch should b normal.a little bit of restlessnes last night but I figure somethings got to lenger on for a little while.took 1 tynonal pm about 930pm and got to sleep around midnight woke up around 3 than 330 then back up at 630. 7.just glad to b clean for a week!so will c how todays energy goes.that's been my main concern thru this but its been very doable.I remember going thru w/d's off of only a half of a roxy 30 a day & that was pure hell in compersion to this.so hope that gives u a since of what its like.I was up to 4 roxy 30's per day bfor subs.so all of ya'll can do this just get down to that low dose .25mg per day or low if u can.take ur time do as ur body tells u it can b done.GOOD LUCK!I'll kept u posted on me.hope I don't crash tomorow.lol that wood b my luck lol thanks everyone.ratt396

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 am 
Awesome Ratt! You're doing so good! Thank you so much for posting your experiences for us. You have done things right....taken your time and tapered down to a low dose. And what to do ya know?! It hasn't been too bad! I'm glad to have another positive story of weaning off Sub.
We all know it's not gonna be a walk in the park. There's no free pass. We've messed things up too badly to just walk away without a second thought. I'm glad you mentioned the comparison of Sub withdrawal from oxy withdrawal. I agree....withdrawing from full-agonists sucked so bad that personally, I cannot imagine anything being worse than that. When/if I decide to stop Sub, I'll take it slow and get my dose down as low as I can and hope that I do as well as you have and as well as Diary of a Quitter did and others who have done it 'right.'
Thanks again!

Post subject: Sounds Good
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:31 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Ratt,
Glad to hear that things are going well! Keep up the good work.... You know we are ALL pulling for you....I hope everything stays on course for you... Please keep us posted out here you are helping alot of people make educated decisions about their future!!!! Good Work.... :)

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

<b>ratt396</b> - Congratulations! I give you a lot of credit; you're doing a great job! People like you are an inspiration to myself and many others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey all, thanks felt pretty good today just still low energy u know just worn out by the end of the day.but also my diet sucks.I take lots of vitaims but donuts & redbulls all day prob doesn't help I know this just lazy when it comes to that so prob could b better if my diet was better.still only weight about 175 but need to eat better my wife is on me all the time about that.she's right!my lazyness.thanks ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey,first I want to say thanks very much cuz I forgot who but some one mentioned me & diary of a quiter in the same sentence on doing this & doing it as right as I could.wow cuz I really looked up to diary & my family & her were my insperation.I'm not worthy.I feel like just a normal guy who just got lucky & was looking up to those people.SO THANK U ALL!!well its a week & a day now.I think I'm ok now just a few sleep issuses & low energy by the end of the day.but not to bad.I really think that this has been a lot of a mind fight cuz I still wake up wondering am I feeling ok today is this normal? Just questioning my self a lot.so just know this can b done!& it can b done without hell.don't get me wrong it wasn't fun.but no where near painpill w/d's.I have worked everyday since I quit. So I'll let u know how the day goes.feel fine now.thanks,ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey,just a quik update.feel good slept last night with no tynonal pm's & just a little bit of restlessness.didn't wake up til 630am.just want to say again this can b done without the hell u here about.& I've done this with some major stress in my personal life since last sat. But I've said that stress is prob my fault.but still made it thru.energy is coming back slowly everyday.I'm sure it'll b a little while til I feel totally normal.but feel normal as I hav in a while.it is nice to know there's nothing in me to make me feel ok. Don't hav to worry if I have subs for where ever I'm going.& its only going to get better&better everyday!!thank u all!& my wife & kids will prob never c this but thank u for showing me that I don't need anything & what I could b missing if I stayed on that path to hell.love them!! Thanks all! Ratt396

Post subject: THANK YOU RATT!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OMG, Ratt, I have practically built a shrine in your honor...

I am on the last few steps of a slow liquid taper, and desperately wondering how low I have to go (and how long to stay there) before I jump. You've definitely felt the worst of the detox. So congrats!!! I just want you to know that by posting your experience, you have relieved SO MUCH fear from my detox. As most people, I am practically mortified to experience another painful withdrawal. I have the time, and the supply of Sub to go as long and as slow as necessary...I just lack the patience. Like a screaming 3 year old, I WANT OFF NOW!!!

I'm sure everyone can relate. Just a few months ago, I was thinking "Oh, I'll just step off at 2-4mgs and it'll be a walk in the park." By the time I tried it and failed (too painful), looked for help (here in the forum), and gathered truthful information from experienced people (all of you guys) ...I was even MORE frustrated. I had to come to terms with the fact that for me, I am looking at a very slow taper to a very tiny amount.

Thanks to your posts/experience, at least I know that jumping off at .2 is not that bad at all. So I figure if I go even lower, it really should be a walk in the park. Thanks for giving me the confidence I needed to keep up the slow pace and not cave in (hence, probably failing). To you, they may just be posts about how you're feeling, but to me they are a truly a gift. Never underestimate the impact of your words on someone's life! I am writing here today to thank you with all my heart.

Annmarie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow! Thank u very much annmarie!yes I know the feeling of wanting to b just done.do I feel totally normal now? No but I go about my day as normal nothing bad at all.the worst days for me where last sat.& sun.which was day 4&5 I will say most of it was my mind constently wondering if I felt ok or not.but I've done my nomarl rutean thru it all& like I said have stress in my personal life since last weekend so throw that on top & still was & is doable.again thank u very much! I can't tell u how much it means! Thanks!! ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey,glad to say I think this will b my last post on how I feel from my w/d's cuz I believe the r over.today feel fine the last 2 night sleep with out tynonal pm's & very very little restlessness I've been feeling better & better everyday starting on thrusday.like I said in one of my first post I'll b able to look back & c that it wasn't bad at all. Just a real pain in the ass.but a week & a half of just being a pain in the ass for a life of being free and feeling normal well worth it.I'd do it again for that freedom.so that let's ya'll know that it can b done without the hell.everyday will get better & better!THANK U ALL VERY MUCH FOR LISTINING TO ME THRU THIS I AM GRATEFUL TO U ALL!!!!!!!ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:31 pm 
Ratt, we are grateful to you for your willingness to share all this with us! I am so glad you're feeling better each day! What an accomplishment!
Now just be sure and live each day appreciating how far you've come but never forgetting where you've been! They say we should always live with the awareness of our addiction and always have a healthy fear of falling back into active addiction. As you and all of us know, life is full of ups and downs, any of which can lead to a desire to find something to make us feel better. So keep doing any and everything that keeps you healthy and stable in life. Hopefully during your time on Suboxone you were able to learn and practice good coping skills and methods to reduce stress in your life so that you will never, ever relapse to full-agonist opiates! That is the real victory......staying free from active addiction!!
So proud of you and keep checking in now and then to update us on how you're doing!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey,thanks setmefree& all def learned my leason.look at my family every day & know that I can't do that to them again.but its been two weeks now& nice not counting days any more since fri. Feel good I'm sure there's still some w/d effects left over but not enough for me to notice.everything is good now just live life again happy&free thanks all!!ya'll can do this too.ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It has been a couple more days and I am curious how you are doing Ratt396????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey jack feeling great pretty much back to normal its nice not to b thinking of when to take a sub to feel ok. Wake up good go to sleep good.still sneezing but who knows where that comes from.energy is about 90% so the end of the day I get tired but all in all feel great! Thanks, I'll kept checking in time to time been a busy weekend its my bday weekend well it on the 22 but its all good thanks ratt396

Post subject: Good Job
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congratulations!

Your success is insperational!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Indeed, i can't add anything except more congratulations and more thanks.

- joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for checking in! In my experience the sneezing lasts longer than anything else. It started at like 6-7 in a row multiple times per day and weeks later it was reduced to fits of 4 once per day. It did finally go away. People at work would hear me sneezing and say "oh..you must have allergies too. I have had allergies and..............on and on and on". I would just smile and nod because CLEARLY I did NOT have allergies. :)

I am glad to hear you are feeling well. You sound just great and you must be so proud of yourself.