It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:44 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

paralegal....so happy for you...hope you are continuing to do well.

I work in a law office as well...have seen so many clients on Sub...have even directed clients to Sub doctors. I have seen it save lives and marriages. It is not a bad thing at all. But yes, you will eventually have to get off the Sub someday, too.

Your story inspired me as I am in the midst of my taper. Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There are some people who will stay on sub for the rest of their lives. Some are on it for chronic pain management and can never go back to regular opiates while others were active opiate addicts for over 30+ years with literally scores of relapses and they are simply better off alive and on suboxone. Now that said, they could be in the minority, I have no idea.

I plan on being on it for the long haul. I take it for both addiction and pain control. I just look at it as another medication I take, along the same lines as my antidepressant or my beta blocker or my cholesterol med. I know many people who have tapered off or are tapering off and say things like they're "happy to be free" from suboxone. But for me, I actually feel free BEING ON SUBOXONE. Just goes to show you, I guess, that we are indeed all quite different. See, since I've been on suboxone, I've never been happier. I'm even doing better than I was BEFORE I was ever an opiate addict. I could stay on sub forever and still be happy as a clam. Now that's not to say I might not change my mind later down the road. But I might change my mind later about my other medications, too. What's good for one person isn't necessarily good for another person.

That said, I truly wish those who are tapering good luck and hope you have a painless taper and wish you great success after you're off sub. 8)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:09 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

hatmaker, I do agree with you. Yes, some folks will be on Sub for the rest of their lives and my doctor has told me that same thing...better to be on Sub and be alive!
We are all here for different reasons and only YOU know what is best for you :) I congratulate you on knowing what's best for yourself. I am all about Sub being controlled by the person taking it. I had one doctor that pushed the stuff on me and one that pressured me...not a good feeling or time at all! We know what is best for us and what it takes.

Bottom line...if there ever comes a day that you feel the time is right to taper and come off, then do it. If you feel better served by staying on it for the rest of your life, then do it. It's your choice :)

I think Sub is a lifesaver...I wish it was more available for all. People are losing their lives over opiate addiction...losing their families and all that they have. Sub enables them to come off the rollercoaster and get their lives back. It should be more available and not such a mystery.