It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: last .125 mg dose
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Last night I took my last dose of of subs at .125mg. I had bought my last strip about 19 days ago. Prior to that I had been taking 1mg daily. Once I bought my last strip I decided to take .25 mg twice daily until last week when i started .12 twice a day. When I dropped I felt no withdrawal or discomfort whatsoever. So I decided that hey what the hell. I might as well jump off. The first time I jumped off was at 1mg a day and the withdrawal was bearable with the exception if the lack if sleep due to the restless leg. I did feel whole body fatigue and lack if motivation. But those are bearable compared to the lack if sleep and restless leg. I must add that when I jumped off at 1mg I had to focus and concentrate to fall asleep,meaning that I had to channel my mind away from the restless legs and attempt to calm asleep.I had about 3 or 4 hours if sleep,

Now , my logic is that if I stop at a dose 4x less than what I had dropped at before I would experience 4x less withdrawal, if none at all? I must say that when I was taking .125mg twice a day , it was mainly psychological I did nit feel the usual calming effects if what a 2mg, 1mg or even .5mg would do for me. I felt as if I was taking nothing. The way I cut the films was also strange. When I did make the decision to half my dose from .25mg twice a day, to .12 mg twice a day I cut them very unevenly, So the last 3 days I have probably been taking .10 or much less( as the strips were so thin) even then I felt no different , no withdrawal and no discomfort.

If anyone here has any similar experience I would like your insight in what to expect .Jumping off at .12twice a day. Will I still feel restless legs, fatigue, lack of sleep or motivation. What should I expect andhow long?

Post subject: Re: last .125 mg dose
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Django. I believe you are thinking correctly and will have less symptoms than you had at 1mg when you jumped. That makes perfect sense to me! 1mg is still a strong dose of sub, and symptoms from that can vary between all of us. I tried jumping from 2mg sevreral times and it was definitely a no-go for me at the time.

You may have a few days of "discomfort" and a little bit of knowing your body is fighting hard, but you should be able to manage those symptoms just fine. Hot baths and showers do wonders for aches, pains, hot and cold sweats I found out. If they do get more noticeable then perhaps you can get your doctor to prescribe you some Clonidine that will really help keep any symptoms down by a huge margin. It's a blood pressure med that is widely used by doctors to help fight withdrawal symptoms and many here have used it including myself. It really does work great! Just a thought for you.

Please try to keep your spirits up, and a positive attitude will do wonders also! Don't sit around and WAIT for symptoms to appear, just keep saying to yourself that you won't have any, and IF you do they will be minor and treatable. That also worked for me!

Good luck and best wishes to you! Keep posting your progress. Hope this helps and have a great day! And also CONGRATULATIONS on the jump! Well done!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:35 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

No problem, if you are feeling almost no wd at 0.125 then you will have no real issue jumping. Have a look at you pupils. If back to normal size then sub basically too low to be effective anyway. There will be some mild wd effects when completely stopping but at this dose dont worry. You will able to work and be relatively normal. I jumped at 0.5 and wasnt too bad. Shitty for 5/6 days.
I probably actually jumped closer to 0.75 as i was sneaking a little 0.25 top up every few days or so.
Dont worry or obsess about. You will see. Gets to a point but no worse.
Especially if you are stable at 0.125. You are basically off now!
Arr you taking 0.25 or only 0.125 a day? With 0.25 expect a bit of mild crappiness for a few days or so. Nothing taking it easy and eating wont help.
I've been off 5 weeks now.
Dont know why i was so worried all this time. Feels like ancient history already!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, I was taking .125 every 12 hours so I was taking .25 daily..125 at 8 am and .125 at 8 pm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Django,

I just posted on your original thread asking for an update and then saw this one...I'm sorry I didn't read here first and am glad to see the update.

I'm with the others...I don't think your WD will be nearly as bad as the jump from 1mg. I would guess that you will experience varying degrees of discomfort for a couple weeks, but nothing too awful. I'm interested to see your progress so please keep us informed k?

Q

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:19 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

You could try not having the second dose of 0.125 in the evenings. But I wouldnt bother. I would just jump from 0.25. This way you will only have a week of mild crappiness as opposed to another 2 reductions. Maybe just me though. When so close i just wanted it done. I could muster the resolve for a week of shittyness but didnt want to keep prolonging it.
Just expect some uncomfortabilness and take the week off from strenuous things.
It does get better. Though you cant imagine it will at first.
Honestly, its not too bad. I cant keep repeating this enough. The worse bit is tapering from higher doses. Seems never ending.
I also agree with Q. Jumping from 1mg is too much. I reckon 0.5 is the threshold.
The difference between 0.125 and 0.25 is negligible so they should be no real difference from jumping from either dose.
It is almost too small a dose to have any effect. There will be a small buildup of bup in system. Just get it out and let your receptors do the final repair. Thus a week of mild stuff.
It is exactly the same symptoms of normal wd but just much much milder.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I'm on my third day of no subs and its not at all bad just annoying, frustrating and mildly uncomfortable. Usually I feel restless legs by the 1st or 2nd day. But thankfully I so far don't have that problem. I feel like I have inner restlessness . Almost like having a caffeine buzz without the jitters. Its uncomfortable as I only have gotten 3 hours of sleep thus far. I think most my problems are not being able to sleep, there are times I forget I even stopped subs but not sleeping makes me feel crappier than I probably should be.

So overall, I don't have your typical case of withdrawal, its mainly lack if sleep and internal discomfort. Some times I sneeze now n then but that's it. I do feel fatigue, lazy and no motivation but that's BC I can't sleep. I usually sleep 10 or 12pm to 700am, now its 430 or 530 am to 800am, that less than 4 hours if sleep. I am also unable to smoke weed or take any meds so I'm just going it raw. If I were to rate my withdrawels from 1 to 10. I'd give dope a 10. 2mg subs a 6, 1 mg a 4 and .250 a 1 maybe 2 just BC I can't sleep. If I could've slept it would've been a 1.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Django,

You keep right on pushing through! You are doing AWESOME my friend! I'm on day 9 and each day just keeps getting better and better for me! Sure there is a symptom or two along the way, but considering we just got off very strong drugs that is to be expected in my opinion.

I know lack of sleep really sucks and has a huge affect on the following day. What I personally found to help was some Melatonin and Sleepy Time Tea taken together about 1/2 hour before bedtime. I was able to get about 4-6 hours of uninterrupted sleep which was awesome at the time! Might help you, might not, but both are natural so can't hurt much! Just a thought for you.

Take care and please continue to update your progress. You help so many others when you do! Have a great daY!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good morning Django....hope all is well with you.
Congrats on the progress! I'm day 20 ..jumped from 8 mg. Insomnia is the worst. I was wondering if you are the lay in bed toss and turn like me... lol....or the get out of bed do something type. I'm thinking maybe if you are experiencing insomnia...can you hop in the hot bath for a soak? Or maybe a simple benadryl?
I researched insomnia in general just today... and basic info is....don't lie and toss and turn...get out of bed and return to bed when sleepy. I'm going to try this myself.... figured I'd take the chance and share. Once again.... bravo!! Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great Django. I know the sleep issues are really frustrating, but at least the WD isn't too bad. You did a great job with your taper and now you are reaping the benefits by not having to go through the worst kind of hell with WD symptoms.

You made it this far, and I know you can make it to the finish line!

Q

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I'm basically on day 4. I feel much much better than day 1, 2 and 3. Things started picking up late day 3 . The only sign of any withdrawal I have is that I sneeze every now n then for no apparent reason. I don't know if this is just a phase or the worst is over. Last night I did have some very very minor discomfort but I must emphasize minor. Nothing compared to the first three nights. This morning I woke up with a lot of energy and motivation unlike the first 3 when getting up was hard but moving was much easier. Now both are much easier, Things usually get worse before they get better nit better before worse, so I am hoping I've passed the peak if the withdrawals and now I'm going up hill. I'll keep posted if things drastically change.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:01 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

that's f...ing great Django. it is only better from here. see, wasn't so bad was it? not a state you want to remain in. but doable. makes me happy for you. I was there not too long ago so it is very fresh to me where you are at. hang in there, its going to get really good.
you too Karen!, I was wondering where you were at. this is really excellent. happy for you both.

I feel like I've been raving a bit in my posts but just want to share this great feeling of being on the other side somehow. Don't want to sound like a Dick though.
you are both almost there. Good stuff!
C,

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 5 is about to end. And I feel 98% recovered.I must say it didn't last as long as I expected. The only " withdrawal" I have is sneezes ever couple of hours and my legs maybe kinda feel a little week but I have been walking 5 miles a day so that may be it. Last night I had no problem sleeping. I don't even remember dreaming as remembering a dream usually means you haven't had the best quality sleep.Psychologically I feel great , social, motivated, just how I was before opiates.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I also have been taking St johns wort which is an all natural safe and effective herbal supplement. I started it around a month before I jumped off.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 6, I think I'm fully recovered , the only symptoms I have is that I sneeze once ever couple of hours. Sleep was mildly difficult as I kept waking up, but in total I had about 6 to 7 hours sleep. But I've always had trouble sleeping and I woke up craving snacks. Fro my own history if I sleep and wake up hungry its hard to get back to sleep cuz I just eat.There's really not much to report, I feel great, even better when I was in subs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:01 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Sleep may become an issue for a short while, maybe a couple of weeks. While recovered, it just takes a little while to get back to normal. I would wake at 1am and just not be able to get back to sleep. So this make me tired thru the day. Frustrating! For a couple weeks a bit of lethargy came and went. This is all easy to take in stride as wd gone. Maybe for me it hung around a bit as has so many years of opiate use??
Yep, i sneezed for 3 weeks. I did have a cold that got me at week 2 and it is spring here with a ton of pollen in the air so not sure which was the culprit
It was weird still sneezing while not in wd. Even now at 6 weeks still havr the occasional sneeze. Never used to. May be the pollen.

My advice is dont use any drugs for sleep etc. Dont prolong problems. Eat healthy and let your brain recover as quickly as possible. Not that you are, i realise.

you will look back on this week at some stage and realise it was such a small infinitesimal period of time in the scheme of things. I spent 2 years thinking about the leadup to it. Such a waste of energy. Honestly, a week of mild shittyness and done. All that worry.
Feels like ages ago now.
Couldnt imagine not being on sub and taking each am. Now cant imagine being on it. Funny how the brain adapts so quickly.
So looking forward to summer here so i can actually feel like swimming in the pool in the evening instead of lying on the lounge as in mild wd due to constant tapering over 2 years. Always had a mild, not completely right feeling that stopped me wanting to do anything after 4pm each day. I used to have my sub at 4 am. Work early etc.