It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I saw the 'bad pharmacy story/topic' and wanted to post a reply, yet for some reason
When i open that topic I get immediately rerouted to suboxtalkzone sight (mediator meddling?) lol

Anyway, I want to tell you about my experience, to protect others from my dilemma.
I was/am chronic pain with degenerative disc disease for five years, went to local Kroger as it was
Matter of convenience as I 'used' to shop grocery there. No more.
My pharmacist was always seemingly friendly , but now I realize that each month they filled my 180 tab 30 mg IR oxy
Script they were likely having their sideline discussions about me and why I had such high dose. Well as most here know it
Is a function of individual tolerance, and natural progression of the body and exposure plus time to escalate from 30 mg of lorcet
Every day to that level.
Well , nine months ago I had moved from my normal pain clinic to another facility and doctor out of pure location and convenience. New
Doctor immediately went on defensive or offensive when I explained my profile and drug, I couldn't take op version er tab due to constipation.
He gave me two weeks of supply, told me he'd immediately put me on different drug, and no longer provide my normal regimen that worked
For me.
He also gave me a scrip on regular computer paper, not a authentic pad with water mark, heat sensitive touch label, or any other tamper resistant media.
I explained to the jerk I had to travel by driving some thousand miles out of town to see my recently bedridden mother who had apparently fell victim to stroke.
He told me if my mother died it wouldn't change his perspective on medication change.

So with the added stress, the travel etc. I ran out. Of course I didn't know that his script may not be refillable given I'd always get one month supply in the past and
Perhaps he just didn't want me to have access to more than two weeks at a time.
So in despair, I submitted a copy of the script to my Kroger 'friends' to see if they would refill it. They immediately called police, called me to come pick up the script, baiting me back to the store, and never once gave me a warning or refusal to fill it. Now I'm a convicted felon, on probation, and will never get access to oxy again locally I'm certain, which is why I'm on sub now, and hence thus forum.
Bottom line and moral of story, if you take opiates on any recurring fashion, watch your back, cause everyone is watching you , suspecting you are a pill seeker. I admit I had a problem, and moreover I needed help, but not in the fashion I received it. A rejection would have sent me scared out of there, but oh no, not enough drama for the friendly Kroger pharmacists. I no longer can shop there period, even if I wanted to which I don't.
If you read the rest of my pOsts you'll see I'm not a fan of sub.
Sure it knocks cravings down for pure agonist, sure it regulates pain though not as well,
But at a huge price. You get all this for feeling like you are suspended in time, an emotional rock,
Guilt from still being an active addict. I'm sorry, but I don't feel addiction is any different than dependence,
It is just a greater form of it. These drugs are ALL detrimental to social grace, self worth, reliability, and responsibility.
They ruined my life, and continue to do so. I argue that any human who ingests this opiate foulness either by choice or by
Not knowing/willing for as much time as I did, five years, will become addicted to it, and resort to behavior unbecoming a normal
Law-abiding citizen to get it and avoid dope sicknEss.
I'm sorry, but if addiction is a disease, than this nationwide usage indicates a plague. It is adaptive behavior to brain hijacking
And now that I am trying to cease sub use, 8 mg per day for three months, and feeling pains, I know this is just a cousin in different clothing.
I'd rather feel my pain, be able to love and live, and be human again.
Sorry and apologies to those who feel it is godsend.
Out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 am 
Please check my thread i started titled bye in the "why the anger form" Or the thread i started "documentary of bupenorphine abuse" I think we both share a certain degree of hatred for being on painkillers. Including subs. Exactly right. It's a cousin of the all the other garbage out there. But be careful trying to say something like this around here. You will have people attacking you for wanting to get off the merry go round because they are still enjoying the ride.

It's not your fault your sick of being on painpills and ready to take on a full life again. In fact, i think the ones attacking really out to get a pain and paper. Since apparently are reasons are good enough to try to escape sub. Sadly some people lack that.... I know where your coming from

Also, i can't believe they diddn't just refust to fill your script. Alot of pharmacies are told by protocol if they suspect someone trying to obtain a prescription by any shady means. To just give the prescription back, and say they don't have any in stock. Ugh, a felony hurts in more ways then one. This all sounds like you are reaching your braking point with the opiods. And believe it or not i think being on sub has that same rock bottom feeling that it takes to quit it.

You jumped off from 8mgs? That's may hurt, my friend. I really hope you got a solid detox plan in place with lots of comfort meds. Let me know how your doing. You ready. And i wanna see you push through. Seriously, seeing people jumping and tapering really helps me alot.

Post subject: Thanks will430!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is spot on the kind of passionate response of support I have been looking for on here,
But many times get stung by the fashion police, aka moderators.

Let me tell you that my story is A little simplified there, i.e. I dropped a couple scripts in excess of my std. Monthly
Amount over stateliness, little did I know that states had shared pmp electronic dbases. But nevertheless, I didn't use a cane or walker, am not
Ancient, so I got the pessimistic attitudes I know, while they were all smiles I lay odds they were just waiting for me to fall, so they could come and kick
The crap out of me groin while I'm down. I could have fought it at trial, who knows maybe won? But then what?

I have a friend who made this same jump by handle deadsexy on here. He made it with some pressure I don't now but may soon share.

He is getting better everyday.
Twenty one days right.

Why have all the negatives of opiate use less the euphoria? Dumb and senseless
In my and deadsexy opine? Wasn't really worth bodily and mental damage with euphoria,
Although the impaired brain would say so.

Thanks again! To the renegades who see the truth, Rock on!
To the others, kma in the most respectable fashion.

FYI. I have testosterone supplement for a few days, trazadone for sleep though it
Don't help much, vitamin b complex 6 and 12, l-tyrosine, and OTC stuff, my Pcp may, as once
Before on oxy detox yield some klonopin for good rest and blood pressure. Firearms at neighbors.
What am I missing besides some good pron? A supportive and interested wife too, she so sick of missing
Her hubby.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: will430 additional info
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Have you jumped at similar level? You sure sound educated, and I could use someone for support as yourself who shares opinion of sub and has good advice and a history to boot.

Please pm me or write me a note in reply...... stay in touch some how, through this journey. I'll keep you posted, but hopefully not TMI (too much info). I don't expect to choreograph like the poor brunette girl on youtube for instance, but will take photos, notes alot, and journal my travels through this, hopefully my last intimate relation with the opioids, full agonist or partial (punk junk as I refer to it). I mean really, why bother with all the negative side effects of opiate use and get no euphoria? That is truly insane! Right?

By the way, I took my very last dose, 7 mg. this morning, so I can get through some dental work this afternoon, pick up some groceries for the family and dog, and get "set up" so to speak. Running to get organized before, or rather, at my last run, as they say in NA book. I am stay-at-home Dad, so I don't have to do much aside shuttle my 7 year old son back and forth to school and religious education, cub scouts, tomorrow night. So I should be in good shape. Sounds like my pcp gonna write me a small klonopin script, and I know from previous hardcore oxy detox at in excess 250 mg per day avg. cold turkey detox, is invaluable for control of blood pressure and anxiety, sleep assist.

I know from short experience with sub that my metabolism at least cuts the dose in half each day, and I get uncomfortable around what I figure is 4 mg steady state. I took 8 mg all last week each day, then cut to 4 mg on Friday morning, shut if off. Made it through to Sunday around noon, then started getting uncomfortable with sweats and chills, achy. So I postulate that I'll start having hardship, the real fits around Thursday morning, but feeling it at least around Wednesday midday.

Your thoughts and advice, encouragement are certainly welcomed!

Just a reminder, I am cold turkey stop after avg. 8 mg load, but went 4 mg Friday and Saturday, then loaded up 16 mg yesterday, and last dose 7 mg this morning 6:00 a.m.. I feel great of course right now, but I know that rider on the pale horse is coming soon, and HELL's coming with him!

Thanks,
DC

Post subject: hmmm
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:40 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Something isn't adding up to me here. People don't get arrested or at the very least convicted if a Doctor writes a prescription incorrectly. The Pharmacist would first contact the Doctor and if he reported that he did indeed write a prescription for X drug for X amount problem is over there, the pharmacist would then explain that it was not on schedule drug RX pad paper and at worst you would have to go get a correctly written script. Just seems fishy to me that through the trial your lawyer never brought up any of this to have your case dismissed.

T

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject: my mistake
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh, I see what happened upon closer reading. It was actually a forgery via a coppied Rx. I would think and hope that ANY pharmacy would bust someone for forging a prescription for a schedule II narcotic, to be quite frank, not just Kroger (who, again, were completely in the right). What I don't understand is why you made a photocopy of the computer RX (which BTW DOES have a seal/watermark) unless you planned on using it. And in all the years you didn't know that for schedule II Dr's can't call/fax the RX's to the pharmacy and you would have to have one mailed to you, the pharmacy or more likely physically pick it up from the Dr's office? Sorry, but just sounds like a bunch of justification, rationalization and denial here.

T

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject: Re: my mistake
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TwinCitiesHardcore wrote:
Oh, I see what happened upon closer reading. It was actually a forgery via a coppied Rx. I would think and hope that ANY pharmacy would bust someone for forging a prescription for a schedule II narcotic, to be quite frank, not just Kroger (who, again, were completely in the right). What I don't understand is why you made a photocopy of the computer RX (which BTW DOES have a seal/watermark) unless you planned on using it. And in all the years you didn't know that for schedule II Dr's can't call/fax the RX's to the pharmacy and you would have to have one mailed to you, the pharmacy or more likely physically pick it up from the Dr's office? Sorry, but just sounds like a bunch of justification, rationalization and denial here.

T

Yea I'm with twin you seem to be putting all the blame on the Dr and pharmacy but never once said it was your doing that landed you in this spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:36 pm 
For those who have ever illegally bought off the street. It'd be similar if we both came on here and told you i hope the cops would pick you up and bust you. Instead of support your telling someone who made a mistake you deserved it. And piss off. Of course he has to take responsibility for his actions. And we only know his side of the story. Absolutely. Regardless of who the finger should be getting pointed at.. You guys are nit picking and trying to tearing him apart for what he did. All while he is trying to kick maintenance drugs. Do you think he needs you to tell him he made a mistake.

I'd know i'd feel like shit if i throw out there what happened to me all awhile trying to jump off a big dose of suboxone. Of course he has to take responsibility for his actions. I'm sure you both have never done anything that could have gotten you busted. No way... We don't end up on methadone and suboxone because we were saints and perfect law abiding citizens. Part of him taking responsibility is by attempting to kick painkillers which is the very source of temptation that has drawn him to trouble with the law. That right there is a huge step in the right direction. And it's one step maybe both of you need to look into yourselfs and wonder why your maybe not sick of the merry go round ride. Don't believe me? What happens right now if you both had your maintaince drugs taken away from you for 7 days.. You'd be back to going in circles on the ride of painkillers. On the other hand, maybe you wouldn't.

At least he is daring all odds and trying. So please don't be bitter that you aren't to this point. Pick apart and thrash someone who your clearly envious of that's fed up. Donechasing- misery loves company. It ain't going to be easy. But at least you got one person supporting you right now.

Please PM me and maybe exchange email addresses. I recognize where your at right now with trying to drop your vices that is suboxone. These guys telling you that you deserve to get busted and blah blah blah. Remember they have no done anything wrong. They just woke up one day on maintaince drugs. Never doing anything illegal in there lives. Forget you two were perfect.

Post subject: thanks will430
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I can't even get down to that level to rebut.... but I appreciate your comments. You were so right this morning...!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i replied to you on your other post. Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:45 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

okay i went to see my sub doctor earlier this month. i usually see the counselor once a month for a hour session and my refill. i been doing this for a year so that was the reason to see the actual md . anyways he wrote out my prescription on the blue or whatever official controlled substance paper and wrote some reg. medicine refills on a white sheet.

sooo i get to the car and look it over and realize that i had a blank blue prescription paper attached to the one i was suppose to have. Now back in my addiction to pk i would have most likely filled that fer out and tried to pass it. But i brought it back inside to the receptionist which by the way was very lets say thankful. A year and half ago i would have done something to feed that screamin demon in my mind.

just that i would throw that in there . wishing u well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:14 pm 

That is such an accomplishment, wisharer! Good for you! It must have felt so good to see the receptionist's reaction when you gave the extra script paper back.

Every addict here knows what a step it was for you to turn that in!

Amy

Post subject: Rebuttal
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is a post that I meant to convey my general disliking of the often times
Biased treatment and unwanted judgment that a person receives when filling a
Controlled substance prescription. I feel it even when I get the suboxone(except now instead of
'bet that guy's an addict' to now 'for sure he's an addict'. )

It is the nature and an unwanted one for people to be judgmental, I can get past that, but for someone on this site
To use the term as a 'tag' to a poster they don't know, is a pill that is tougher swAllow. Sorry for the cliche!
Addiction and dependancy will forever, even if I'm lucky enough to outlive and move on from my Problems, be hard for me
To make the seemingly easy dilineation that scientists and biased doctors do.

First of all I don't subscribe to the notion of addiction, my definition being that of a habit taken to unhealthy and detrimental level,
As a disease. I look at the two terms meaning the same thing. But I would agree and not argue that a substance
Addiction is a mental condition that requires more than a personal desire to arrest and correct.

People exercise- to feel better
People work-to make money, be independepent, and feel better
People eat- to not feel hungry, and thus, feel better

Any of these can kill if taken to extreme right?

So, enter a chemical that makes a person feel better. Danger danger danger! Let's also throw
In the natural response we know happens neurologically to repeated chronic exposure to this substance.
Can we not also then endorse that it is natural to engage in a 'feel better' activity and dangerous to not take
A complete 'vacation' from such activity routinely.
I believe that only people like dr Junig posess the acceptable credentials to treat
Dependancy. I also feel strongly that any doctor with the ability to write pure Narcotic schedule 2 scripts on a
Recurring bAsis to anyone other than a terminal patient shoul have been dependant on, and successfully
Survived and beat, independently, a substance dependancy.

I accept that I have an addiction. I admitted a problem in the original post that some responses have suggested
Otherwise. But you won't catch me using addict as a reference to anyone in my replies.

Knowing that addiction and survival from it is as delicate as the process of acquiring it, shouldn't we try to improve
Our atmospheres and environments rather than increas the negativity of the issue?

I have learned as I have grown older......that I've grown older.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Am I to understand by this post that you are offended by the term addict? What is the term you would feel more comfortable for us to use? I'm not sure what difference it makes. The main issue to me is that you tell the truth and own your situation.If you can't be honest with yourself you don't have much hope in getting better. If you aren't an addict why are you taking suboxone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Donechasing. I do feel bad for what happened to you at Kroger. As an addict, I have done some crazy messed up shit to get pills in the past. So I can def sympathize with you on getting a felony. It pisses me off that it is a felony. It should be a misdem. with the promise of rehab instead of a felony.

Anyways, what are you going to do after you quit Subs? Just have some sort of plan set up when you get off besides this chatroom. I would try to go to meetings if you are no longer going to take Subs. Or if meetings aren't your thing, then therapy or both. I think therapy would help a lot of addicts or control substance abusers. Whatever you want to call yourself. I don't think it really matters as long as you can recognize there is a problem and seek help. Which you are doing. Stay strong and best of luck to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Im kinda lost on the point of this topic because ok a person was arrested for a forged script?? I dont know if I read it wrong or whatever, but we have all done so much messed up stuff to get what we wanted when we were trying to get high. I can remember the weekly ER trips that I made with some ailment or pain that was bothering me and mad as fire when I came out with nothing.
Oh but the times that I came out with a nice script even if it was Ultrams, I was happy. I got to the point that I tried to take a picture of a script that I thought I could Photoshop...Looking back on that, man I was messed up and my mind was just out in left field. Its nice to see how far that I have came since all of that mess. I hope that like me, we have all learned from our mistakes and moved on from them. Then is when we have made another step in the right direction of recovery.
I just kinda dont understand the post to be honest...I might not have read something right though, my eyes arent like they used to be as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Edit: Nevermind I didn't catch your last post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So actually, the topic of this should be more along the lines of "Kroger pharmacist will do their legal duty to protect their years of college and job", because we all know, as addicts, that if a pharmacist fills a bogus script, it's not so much the addict that gets heat once you walk out the door with it...especially if someone OD's and dies, it's the person who signed off on the script and OK'd it to begin with...and possibly their job, and a lawsuit for causing wrongful death, etc.

I know as someone in sub treatment, I wouldn't want to cause someone to be subjected to scrutiny from lawsuit. But that's just me being responsible.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is old.
Don't stress it.
Just another one the revolving door moved along.

Sad thing is... There are tons of posts... That stoll come on here... That blame suboxone or somebody wringing them or pharmacists.. All ruining their lives.

Blame blame blame. This is why RECOVERY is so essential when taking this stuff. To change some problem aspects of your life and take a look at the hard stuff deep down. That way you don't blame sub or your mom for ruining your life. You blame.. You.

Anyway.

Just felt this needed said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My biggest "irk" is them blaming the staff of this site for their problems with suboxone. Blame for being censored, blame for a staff member following them around just waiting on them to say something...
People don't have anything better to do than sit on a site, hitting F5 and looking for that one post ...

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.