It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So, I have doctor calling me back to make an appointment at the end of the week to get going on suboxine. Now, I pulled up the COW worksheet. And to the experienced people that have went through with-drawls off of narcotics... How sick into your with drawls, would you say, before they give you your first dose..? Are you like completely uncomfortable, before you start, or is it mild with drawl compared to what you feel without it.... When I am out of my oxy's, Lets say, I take my last dose at 8pm, I get sleep, wake up, blah blah, but by half way through the next night, to the morning, the next morning, I can't stop moving around cause of the creepy crawlies all the way down my arms, and legs, major anxiety, the runs, etc.. Will I get to this point or worse? Just wondering, I am the type to want to know before I get going on things.. Heads up type thing.. Let me know if you could I would really appreciate it... Oh and another thing. I have myself been tapering off. I was at 180 mg oxy at the beginning of the month, and for the last week I am down to 120mg oxy.. I don't no if that will help or not. But I will be completely out by Friday.. I am scared of getting sick.. Its awful!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think you will find everyone was a little different but I will share my experiencee with you. I was a little extreme as I had read alot about suboxone on this site and others. Actually I think I must have spent a week just reading story after story of people on suboxone. I found this site like you have and it really helped me make my decision to get on suboxone.

Some of the most memorable stories I remember was when a poster decided to use the night before or the morning of the day they were going to be inducted and immediately went into to precipitated w/d's. Of course I heard this was the worse possible experience one can have and from what people described I wanted no part of it. I decided that my appointment was on a Tuesday at 1 pm and I convinced myself that I would not use 48 hrs before I inducted. Now for some this may seem extreme and I think it really depends on the individual as some people can be in serious w/d in 12 hours but I was told by my doctor to be in moderate w/d when I showed up.

After 24hrs I was past moderate but I was determined to stick it out because I believed as I still do that this medicine was going to allow me to have the last w/d I was ever going to experience. I was definitely in rough shape when I got there and I was told if I was going to get Precipitated W/D's that I would know pretty quickly instead in about 20 minutes my new life on subs began. I think you will know best where you want to be when you induct but for me it was worth it to have 48hrs drug free before starting suboxone and things went great.

Others will share their personal experiences with you and you will see that I probably put myself through some unecessary pain and discomfort but in the end it was worth it. You are making a great descision to go on suboxone and I hope it changes your life like it has mine. Keep reading and asking questions and before you know it your life is going to get better and better. I have high hopes for 2011....what a great start for you. Good Luck.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

i was pretty sick but not the most sick i have ever been.. my dr told me to not take anything 24-48 hours before i got to the office. i took a half of a thirty 12 hours before i went, but that was all i took within the 12 hours before that (sorry if this is confusing) i went and was not sick enough so he sent me home and told me to come back the next night and to not take anything from this moment till the next visit (the next day). i had to go to work snd freaked out and was already sick, not real sick but couldnt sit still , skin is hot...just uncorforrtable. i went and got a half of a perk 30 and took it, at 4p[m then didnt take anything till the subs which was over 15 hours after the half of a thirty. anyways, i was fine but i felt pretty shitty when i got to the dr. I didnt feel near as shitty as i should have but i couldnt sit still, my legs hurt. i felt bad. my tolerance was high though and i was taking 4-5 thirties a day before i started subs, so half a thirty in 24 hours was nothing. i was fine but i metabolize fast and everyone is different.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

horselover,

I waited 24 hrs and I was definitely in wd. I had transferred from OxyContin to Hydrocodone a few days before I was inducted onto suboxone because OxyContin, when taken properly, which I never did, stays in your system longer due to it being extended release.

I remember the night before I started suboxone that I got NO sleep. Sitting there on the couch, trying not to go cuckoo, eyes watering, nose running, slight shakes, cold, cold, cold. Felt some waves of nausea, but never tossed my cookies. Mind going beserk.

I too was worried about precipitated withdrawal, but thank goodness I was far enough into my withdrawal that shortly after the first suboxone pill had dissolved I started to feel much better. By 45 minutes to an hour later I was good to go.

You're going to hear that the amount of time you wait before you induct is not nearly as important as what stage of withdrawal you're in...and I whole heartedly agree. The severity of withdrawal is by far the best indicator!!

Again, as far as I was concerned about my level of wd, I remember thinking that if the withdrawal I was experiencing wasn't sufficient, then no level of wd was going to cut it because I knew I felt like shit and had felt like shit for a good several hours.

Hope this helps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well....it's been a while so I will do my best to remember. My habit was about 280mg per day of oxycontin. I think things may have been a little low around that time so I was probably down to 200mg that week. No one told me I had to be in withdrawal so I took my last oxy in the morning and then headed to the doctor. Appt. was at 3:00pm or so. Doctor got called away so no appt. that day. This is when they said I had to be in withdrawal anyways. I remember freaking out when the doc cancelled and saying to the receptionist that by this time tomorrow I wouldn't even be capable of driving myself there (45 min drive). No supply of oxycontin at the time so I picked up some morphine and ...... something else I didn't normally take but was available. I no longer recall. I think I had taken a little valium too. Anyways, it was just enough to stave off withdrawal for the night. I didn't take anything the next morning. When I got to the doctor around 9am, I was in very mild withdrawal but not enough to take sub. He said the morphine was preventing the withdrawal and he was right. So he explained the COWS scale to me and sent me home with a script. I was to call him when I started to feel like shit. His instructions weren't good though and in withdrawal, I can't think straight. So I just kept staring at that scale until I knew I was in moderate withdrawal. Then I took what he told me to and called him. I was just fine. So for me, the scale worked. It says to be in moderate withdrawal and just make sure you aren't lying to yourself. I was definitely uncomfortable by the time I took the sub, but no so uncomfortable that I wasn't still at work when I took it.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:18 am 
Well dang, i guess i posted my post on the wrong one. You had 2 of the same thread and i guess i chose to comment on the wrong one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lifesaver, sorry bout that. I tried to erase one but it wouldn't let me.. I knew it would throw people off.. Thank you ALL and yes every respond from you guys, helped. Each of you said something that will stick in my head, and it has already helped. I have been through withdrawal so much, due to my doctor that prescribed my oxy's is 250 miles away. I have been going back and forth since I moved. But I live where it snows, etc. So, I have had times I just couldn't make my appointment. And the new county I live in, will NOT prescribe Oxy's. So, anyway, I have finally told myself, that i will not allow myself to get way way sick, as I have a heart condition, and each time, I seem to never full re cooperate.. So, I think between the chart, and, experience, I think with everyone's help I feel much better. Just like some of you said, just hearing, that when you do take the Subs, and you are in with drawl it does help that fast. Heck what else could you ask for? Thats why I haven't been successful of getting of Oxy's, because after getting so sick and you know just one pill you will be ok again.. So I end up in the ER, with a shot of Morphine, and enough relief to get through the night, or day.. Then there goes all the worrying again... Yes I too agree, a great start to a brand New Year.. I am very much ready. Thank you all so much, I will keep in touch. Support from people that have went through, or is going through it right now, is so much better, to me, than a doctor that has never been there.