It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:14 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been taking 8mg subutex daily for about 6 months. Today I relapsed and shot up a small dose of heroin around 2 pm. I barely felt it and it lasted maybe 30 minutes at the most, because subutex was still in my system. Now it's 9 hours later and i'm wondering if it's okay to do a small amount of subutex, or will i go into precipitated withdrawals because it's too soon? or will i not because the subutex is still overpowering the heroin? if you know what i mean? I can't find an answer to my situation anywhere online. I'm thinking i'll be fine because i did such a small amount of h, but I'm also scared I might get sick instead. I'm feeling mild withdrawal symptoms right now like runny nose, watery eyes, sore legs. :oops: thanks for your help

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You will want to get back on Suboxone or buprenorphine ASAP. You are correct-- as long as you still have most receptors occupied with buprenorphine, you shouldn't get precipitated withdrawal.

I have heard people say, though, that if they mess around too many times, it gets more and more difficutl to change from one to the other. I don't have a neurochemical explanation... but I've been told that at some point, after going back and forth, they do start getting some precipitated withdrawal-- even when injecting the heroin, which wouldn't be expected.

Don't spend too much time beating yourself up; recognize the power of addiction and give it a bit more fear and respect---- and be even more convinced that using is nothing be a waste.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:14 am 
New Poster
New Poster

thanks so much, your comment gave me the courage to try, it worked and i feel so relieved! i'll try not to beat myself up, it definitely sucks to have to play the waiting game and i hope i learned my lesson. never thought i'd say this but i'd take a sub over heroin any day. :lol: subutex is a life saver! cheers :wink: