It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: kidney stone surgery
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ended up in emergency room,pain like crazy and on subs for two years. They gave me Toradol dont know how to spellit but it did help for an hour. It is antyinflamatory medicine.non narcotic. Remember this name. Got admited to hospital overnight. On morfine all night, had to use pump and button to administer morphine every five minutes in order to kill the pain. Next day had procedure dont know name of it but they needed to unblock my kidney so the urin can flow, general anestesia worked fine,than four days later they did lithroscopy to brake my stone,general anestesia worked fine. After surgery and between two surgery pain managment fethanil paches,50mg pach,one on body and other i cut in four and sucked on it. Pach was not prescribed i had some stashed, anyway worked for pain and all other worryes. Dr gave me diladud pils 4mg i tryed taking six at time it did not work so i switched to fethanil. So dont worry just tell doctor that you are on suboxone and need more than normal people and beg that they would listen. Now after sven or eight days on heavy pain killer how did i get off it without withravals i will tell you next time. Sorry about spelling english is not my first languige..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:31 am 

Wow! It sounds like you've been through a rough time, Skywalker! Kidney stones are no joke! Despite them knowing that you needed extra pain killers , did they end up giving you enough? I'm assuming not, since you were forced to use your patches? Anyway, I'm glad you're through the worst of it. Take care!

Amy