It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey all. I haven't posted here much, or in awhile. And I am sorry if this question is in the wrong section. I looked over the categories and wasn't sure if this really fit into any of the others. Seemed like the safest bet. Anyways, I relapsed today and I am just feeling miserably (emotionally, mentally) about it. Relapses start before one picks up the drug. It is true, and I saw it coming and entertained the though too much. And yet, somehow I knew it wouldn't be worth it. I suppose that is all part of the insanity of addiction. I have been on subs for about 9 months. I was on 24mg a day, spread out over morning, afternoon and night, for the first about 7 months. then over the 8th month I tapered down to 16mg. I am now on 12 mg/day. My insurance ended so I had to go down to a more affordable dose. And really, i feel a lot better at this dose than i ever did on 24mg.

So there is the background, and here is the issue: Yesterday I took 4mg in the morning, and 4mg in the afternoon. It is now about 35 hours since the last I took my sub. I shot about somewhere between a dime and a 20 bag of H today, spread out over three doses. Starting from the 24 hour mark since my last sub dose, then in the evening, and the last time was tonight at 11:30, so 2 hours ago. I'm wondering how long I need to wait to safely be able to resume my suboxne, and if I should start with the 4mg i usually take at a time when I do resume it. This is my only relapse since I've been on subs, and I wish for it to be my last because this is just sad, miserable. I don't even feel sick at the moment, just ashamed. more than I ever was at my worst times in active addiction. I don't know if the fact that I still had bupe in my receptors (which i can assume because my last shot was like 32 hours since last bupe dose and because I barely felt the shots) if that means that i wont have to wait as long. I just really do not want to precipitate WDs of course. If I have to, i'll wait 24 hours, but the sooner the better, so long as i dont get those nasty WDs. Any input on when it could be safe to take sub again and how much to take (like I said, i take 12mg/day in three doses of 4mg) when i do resume. Thank you all and sorry for the lengthy post. I am just not feeling organized and really upset and trying to figure out what to do. I had a little bit left for another shot. I went for a walk for about an hour pondering everything and decided to flush it and break the points i had. Which I actually only had because I found them while cleaning out a drawer in my room I don't hardly use. So I have no means and no intention this feeling is not worth it. Although it does make me realize just how much more enjoyable the day to day is when you're not struggling with guilt or worrying about how to get money and put off being sick for a little bit, then doing the cycle over again. It's so important not to forget that. thanks for whatever help you may provide, folks. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Are you using black tar or actual heroin? If its black tar you need to understand that you are not realy using heroin your using a drug called mono-acelated-morphine more commonly called (6-mam) and a cocktail of other opiats...there is a trace amount of diactlemorphine(heroin) in black tar but barely any and that's not what your getting high on.....anyways with black tar you realy need 36-48 hours to get a good induction monacelated morphine realy lasts alot longer in your body that true heroin does... ......if your using east coast dope than its just diactlemorphine(heroin) and 24 hours is good..... No matter what your using the longer you wait the better your induction will go and the better you will feel the first month on subs.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

semperfiguy wrote:
No matter what your using the longer you wait the better your induction will go and the better you will feel the first month on subs.....

that's the key....
I know easier said than done... I get that... but this really is the deal,,,, the longer the better.

and you'll still probably feel MILD w/d symptoms no matter how long you wait, won't be a cake walk...

but I KNOW you can do it, IF you put your mind to it.

Immodium, and something to help you sleep,,, I know it's not "good" to tell someone to take benzo's but
if you could find a couple to take the first few days of induction, to help sleep,,,,,,
that would help...
If not, melatonin may work.

GOOD LUCK

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Benzos are great for that time but I would probly leave Imodium alone it is a very strong Opiod and even though it won't cross the blood brain barrier it will induce precipitated w/d if u take it b4 sub and it has a very very long halflife....but in other w/d scenarios Imodium is great for all withdrawal symptoms not just diarrhea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the replies. It was just regular heroin. Never seen black tar around here. I don't think it was even very good. Hard to say, I didn't feel it much but I still had suboxone in my system. Taken it daily for almost 9 months. With the exception of 24 hrs before doing the dope. It's been 14 hours now since last shot. Only used yesterday. My understanding after reading around was that people who have been on bupe a long time and not off it for long, and only using for like a day, you would not need to wait as long as someone first being induced onto suboxone. Since it is still binding to my receptors when I did the dope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If its only been 24 hours and u were on bupe b4 than ur fine to just take it now, take like 1 ...2 milligrams tops u might as well stay low and stabilize on 1 or 2mg so you can quit one day....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey thanks again. And yeah that's not a bad idea. Going down from 24 to 12 mg (in 3 increments) wasn't bad at all, but I hear once you get to a low enough dose, it gets more uncomfortable. But you think 15 hours is enough after that long bupe and only a day of heroin. I might give it another hour or two. I am surprised at how crappy I feel already, yet my pupils look normal. That could have to do with the bupe built up in my system though I suppose. It's mostly the bubbly stomach, aching restless legs and slight hots and colds and drowsiness of WD getting me so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

i have ben on subs for a year now and the first couple months i ran out alot and had to take hydros or other opiates to get me by yes i know it was dumb but i was just starting out on this stuff and still had the urge to abuse it. anyway from my experience the last time i did it i snorted 40 mg of oxy at about 11 pm and was up all night and at 10 am the next day i took 2mg of suboxone and didnt precipitate a withdrawal. it varries from person to person depending on yor metabolism. its weired how it works because you can take your sub in the morning and then take another opioid in the afternoon and not get sick but if you take sub too soon after the opioid you will. its just confusing to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Chazwick wrote:
Hey thanks again. And yeah that's not a bad idea. Going down from 24 to 12 mg (in 3 increments) wasn't bad at all, but I hear once you get to a low enough dose, it gets more uncomfortable. But you think 15 hours is enough after that long bupe and only a day of heroin. I might give it another hour or two. I am surprised at how crappy I feel already, yet my pupils look normal. That could have to do with the bupe built up in my system though I suppose. It's mostly the bubbly stomach, aching restless legs and slight hots and colds and drowsiness of WD getting me so far.

I'm really surprised that you'd be having real w/d symptoms after one day of using. If anything, I'd guess the SAO has worn off and you're actually wding from the bupe.. It's definitely possible to feel crappy after a day of flooding your receptors but that is more of a mental crash than physical withdrawals. You'll be fine to get back on the bupe.. it's still in your system and you didn't use that much.

GL

ETA: I just realized your last post was saturday.. hopefully you are doing ok.