It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys, unfortunately I'm in a little of a predicament.
I can't stand the taste of subutex, or generic bup.
I know it's absorbed sublingually, so I'm not technically throwing up the medicine, but within a minute of dosing, I'm throwing up my guts. :(
I've tried to hold the tablet under my tongue while I'm vomiting and that doesn't work. Being pregnant is making my taste buds whacky, and up until this point, I've been taking the films.
I'm throwing up my entire daily dose. I've tried dosing at night, when sickness is less likely to occur but the taste is really getting to me.
I have my appointment with my doc today, and I'm two tablets short, because I started feeling ill two days ago.
I really hope they're understanding, because I'm not exactly comfortable being short - I am also not comfortable in WD. :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:04 pm 

Well there are a few things to think about here. One, you could go back on the films. There is no evidence that Suboxone, rather naloxone will hurt a unborn child. Drs in my area know this.
Or I would start dosing in much smaller sizes. Break the tablet into small pieces and take one at a time until your at your dose number.

Theen there is the old "use a mint" method as you dose to cover the taste.
These are tried and true ways to stop your problem. If it were me I ask o be put back on the film first..

Good luck

Razor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Razor... I've been thinking the same thing about going back on the films. I think the docs in my clinic are ignorant to the fact that there is no evidence stating naloxone harms an unborn child. Unfortunately.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:39 pm 

You get the information togather and Show them yourself. Teach them .
That is what this forum is for too, to bring up topics and information to start
a dialogue with your drs.

Its your recovery and your baby, hopefully your drs may open there minds .again, best of luck..

Razor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 am 

There's also Bunavail, it sticks on the inside of ur cheek and has a protective layer that allows u to talk and swallow. I haven't heard that it has much of a taste, someone at my clinic said it had a hint of juicy fruit taste lol. It's another avenue to look into if nothing else works :)

Gosh I remember those sickness days, I got sick over smelling microwave food lol! I can totally see how the orange taste would make a pregnant lady's morning sickness go crazy. It wasn't even hard for me to quit smoking because the smell and taste of cigarettes made me sick and I was a very regular smoker. It's weird.