It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just made it 31 day today after 6 years on subs. the first 3 weeks were hell for me. But it is just something U have to set your mind to and do. If I can do it trust me you can....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:09 pm 

Awesome job, Peter!

Have you started your own thread in Stopping Suboxone? It's a great place to talk about how you're doing and get support! We have a lot of members here who have experience and wisdom.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

That was a good post Amy. You addressed both sides of the issue in a fair way.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:21 pm 

Thank you! I really appreciate that, livin!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:04 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I liked your post too Amy. I don't knock people for being on bupe. Like I said, I believe it saved my life. There is a very pure batch of heroin going around my old stomping grounds right now and everyone is ODing. It's on the news every day. I feel sorry for those people and hope that they find bupe like I did. For the last few years I have lived a fairly productive life without the worry of OD, cops, being robbed or getting shot and killed in a dark alley that I have no place to be in. It was just a matter of time till one of those things happened. I'm one of the lucky ones.

I'm also lucky for finding this web site. I clicked on another bupe forum by accident tonight trying to access this site and it made me realize just how much better this site is. Talk about negativity! They made heroin sound better than bupe and were saying you will have PAWS forever and never feel better. I know that is a lie because I'm at day 30 and I don't feel bad at all! This site is so much better!

No drug can be stopped without a complete life change. If you keep doing the same things and hanging out with the same people you will have a 100% failure rate. I gave up all of my friends. Every single one of them. Because they all did drugs. And I know that I can never see them again. But I'm OK with that. Because I will always have my family and they all support me. And There are plenty of people in this world that don't do drugs. So I will find new friends.

I'm more than ready to stop doing drugs. The failure rate is so high because it's the nature of the beast. We will always have that little voice telling us to do it. And to tell you the truth the hardest part of stopping is not going through the withdrawal or PAWS. The hardest part is changing your life and changing the way you think about things. Life is generally good if you keep a positive outlook on things. There will be hard times but we need to learn how to not mask problems with drugs. It only makes them worse and wont take them away. You don't get a second chance at life. I have realized that I've wasted too much time not really living. And that's the point that you have to get to make a change. This is another reason why the failure rate it so high. Because it's hard to get to that point. But every single one of us on here can do whatever they set their mind to. Always believe in yourself and don't get discouraged just because someone else didn't make it. Be the 5% that did.