It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have read so many stories on this website about pharmacists and their associates, treating people like nothing more than a pile of garbage. I am a disabled vet. I get ALL of my medication in the mail. So I NEVER have to deal with a human being, except when I call to order one of my refills on a preexisting script. It's pretty simple. You just call, give your name, ssn, and dob, and tell the operator which med needs ordered. Voila- 5 days later it's in your mailbox. The only exception to this is suboxone. This is always overnighted the day it is ordered by the physician. They use UPS.

Anyway, I called to order a non narcotic, non habit forming refill of my ibuprofen 800mg. When you call, a list of all medications comes up and they just select the one they are refilling. Well apparently this woman knew what Buprenorphine 8mg/Naloxone 2mg was. I literally heard a gasp and she said...and I quote "OH MY GOD, you're on suboxone??!! That's not right that you're a junkie and get free medical care while I sit here with no drugs in me, working for MY healthcare!" "but whatever, what do u want?" I actually laughed and said "what I WANT, is for you to shut your fucking mouth and do your fucking job. If that's too much to ask, then put me on the phone with someone who doesn't mind doing their job, bitch"

Fuck that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hahahahahaha! good for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOW.......
I cant even believe some people's nerve!!!

AND, if it weren't for vets, people wouldnt even have the RIGHT to speak like that/go to work/NOTHING!!!!

(my husbands a vet, so I GET IT)

anyways, yes,
good for you!!! dont put up with that BS, SHE works for YOU, really!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:53 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow that is pretty messed up. I have read and heard about stories like yours where the pharmacist will give their ignorant "unprofessional" opinion. I have never experienced anything like this but whenever I am forced to go to a pharmacy I’m not familiar with I remember that there is a possibility that something like this may happen.

I also wanted to add that ordering prescriptions from online pharmacies are extremely risky. I actually saw on the news the other day that 50 percent of the drugs are counterfeit and basically just filler. There are a lot less regulations for the online pharmacies. They can make a lot more money by doing this, but it mainly happens with the more expensive drugs like meds for HIV, compared to something like anti-biotics, which can actually be fatal in some cases. Most of this information is from a presentation by an FDA agent that came to one of my classes last semester.

Just letting you know that the possibility is there with counterfeit drugs from online pharmacies. There also can still be counterfeit drugs in any pharmacy, just not as likely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That is the most horrific thing I've heard in a really long time, and by far the most unacceptable form of human behavior as well. How many misconceptions did she manage to throw into her judgmental, but short diatribe? What a fucker.

Oh and fireman, she said she's a veteran, so I'm pretty sure the VA does all their scripts via a mail-order pharmacy; they don't give veterans a choice in the matter. Just like many insurance companies are going more and more the way of mail-order. But I hear what you're saying about online pharmacies. That is scary!

If only there was a way to identify who you spoke to on the phone that day so you could have a pleasant conversation with her manager. But I'm sure if she treated you like that, she treats everyone else like shit, too, and probably won't keep her job for long anyway. At least that's how I see it. Or I hope.

Damn, she sure was ballsy to say that outright like that to you...but, you gotta give her credit for blatant honesty. At least she doesn't hide her biases.

I'm really sorry you had to deal with that. You know that it's HER problem, not yours, right? Just remember that. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I can't believe that people feel the need to express their opinions like that. Especially in a professional environment, in which it is your job to sell the stupid drugs, not make people feel guilty for taking them. She doesn't know if you are a junky or not. You could have been on subs for pain. If you were a junky, the fact that you get subs is actually very good. If you were previously addicted to opiates, it is understandable that it is very easy to be sucked into the world of addiction. It feels so good, and a physical reaction happens that makes you want more. Your emotions are also sucked into the cycle. It can happen to anyone. Even pharmacists. The fact that addicts choose suboxone shows a desire for recovery. I don't know if you are on subs for addiction purposes or pain, but either one does not justify someone making you feel guilty for taking it. This is one reason I don't tell anyone I am on subs. And it is terrible. If everyone around me knew I was on them, I would probably have already tapered off of them (I am on them for addiction purposes). When everyone is watching me, I generally am more successful in completing the task I have to do. If people were constantly asking how the treatment was going (in a positive tone), then whenever I would have cravings to do an extra dose, I would think of how I would answer the next person that asks how the taper is going.

Opiate addiction can happen to anyone. It's terrible that some people have to be so hard on people trying to kick their habits. Or, if taken for pain, people with pain have very different lives from people that are not in pain. They shouldn't be ridiculed by the drugs they take for relief. Sometimes it's the only chance for any relief at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"what I want .. is to talk to your supervisor."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Repeat: I really wish we had a like button. (invisiblemovement, great post)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

High five for that response!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]High five right back at ya my man!!!! I saw this thread as one of the most recent topics, and I was
so surprised when it was actually one of MY old ones...funny.

I actually forgot all about this ignorant wench. LOL! I've read so many different BAD pharmacist/doctor
stories SINCE I posted this one, and they never cease to amaze me. Power hungry fucklers!!!
Sometimes the best thing to do, is jst kill them with kindness. And other times~like this one~ya just
can't help yourself but to say what you are really thinking. Like who the hell did she think that she
was anyway right? Jerk....

Anyway, thanks for giving me a laugh...Like I said~Ihad forgotten all about this! :lol: :lol: [/font]