It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Just Wanted to Say....
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

THANK YOU! Dr. Junig, and all of you moderators that run this site, this place has really been a great, great find for me.

I used to post under the same user name (Junkie781) over at www.drugs.com but man, the crowd over there is EXTREMELY anti-suboxone for the most part. I just don't get it! :roll:

When you look objectively at the actual numbers, the bashing just doesn't add up. Drug addiction KILLS PEOPLE! ALL THE TIME!

I'm going to make a completely wild and unsubstantiated guess here, but my gut tells me that most of the addicts who seek treatment with suboxone and do so under the care of a doctor, and with the support of therapy and/or support groups, that they, um, you know DON'T DIE! :D

Just look at the BOGUS information being spewed here:
http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-con ... 27824.html

Yes, it's difficult to get off suboxone, but the last time I checked it's also difficult to get off pain pills as well, isn't it? Some people just don't get it. I was freaking DYING a slow death in active addiction. Now I've got a fighting chance to save my life.......

It really boils my blood to read some of the JUNK that's being posted on that board about suboxone. I guess I just need to stay away from that place and hang here more, where people are a LOT more understanding.

Sorry, I had to vent a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

AMEN to that! I'm trying really hard to NOT click on that link. As I'm sure I'll get pissed off! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The misinformation being spread in certain places is just astonishing! It's like people spew hatred for the drug, just to spew hatred for the drug.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree, it really is astonishing, junkie. I think people that are spewing that vitriol are just angry people wanting to blame their problems on everything but themselves. Is it me or are the people who do that usually the ones who tend not to take responsibility for their own addiction?

I checked out that link you posted and I saw one positive comment, but I couldn't stomach reading the whole thing. I'm really glad we have this forum, not too much anger, lots of support, intelligent conversation, and some laughs thrown in to boot.

Thanks, Dr. J, for giving us this community.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
I agree, it really is astonishing, junkie. I think people that are spewing that vitriol are just angry people wanting to blame their problems on everything but themselves. Is it me or are the people who do that usually the ones who tend not to take responsibility for their own addiction?

Agreed. I think you are correct. Denial is one of the most glaring and powerful symptoms of addiction.

hatmaker510 wrote:
Thanks, Dr. J, for giving us this community.

I, too, am very grateful for this forum.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I clicked on that link to see what you were talking about and along with anger i also felt very confused, and now i feel like my head is spinning. What i was so sure was the right road to recovery for me (Suboxone) after reading that forum has me so confused. I still feel like the Suboxone has saved me and has made me a much healthier person in general, but as far as being on the Suboxone long term, I think there is really just one issue that is nagging at my subconscious that is keeping me from just telling myself hey the Suboxone is working for me so I will be on it as long as I need to be to fully recover. As some of you know I am a NJ state certified Paramedic and I lost my job about 6months ago because i had to take to much time off to care for my aunt who was living with my husband and i and who also was disabled at @500lbs as well as having terminal liver CA. Her health was failing fast and I was her primary caregiver. She was on hospice but refussed any other form of visiting nurse so I had to take alot of time off of work to take care of her. She finally passed away this past November after losing the battle with the cancer, and I havnt found another paramedic job since then. My big fear is that now that im on the Suboxone that I cannot actively work as a Paramedic and be on the Suboxone. This is something that has been weighing heavily on my mind since ive started taking the Suboxone, Does anyone know anything about the protocols for working in the healthcare proffession and being on Suboxone, or do they know if Suboxone shows up in a standard employment drug screening for new hires? Any info on this would help tremendously! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mysteri - Your concern, I think, is quite valid. We do have some nurses/former nurses here as well as one paramedic/former paramedic (that I'm aware of) - I hope I got the specific job title correct, that perhaps can help you. Hopefully they will see your post and reply, as this is a rather old thread. If they do not, you can simply start a new thread with a subject/title that will catch their attention. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.