It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi everyone! I wanted to get on here and leave a comment in the new section of the forum. I was last on in December 2017 and was lowering my dose a little. Well a few days ago I dropped down to 2 mg. That's right! Bama girl is down to 2 mg now. I knew that when I went to this new Dr that 2 years later I would have to get off or get a new Dr and when I went to my Dr appointment last month he decided that it was time for me to taper. He said he wanted me to try to be down to 6 mg when I come back next month. Mind you he doesn't know that I have been tapering for about 4 months now. And I really don't want him to know how low I am. This clinic likes to rush things along and I would like to go down comfortably and take my time, especially on the lower doses. I have a little bit of experience with tapering because I had to last year and I learned that I can go down relatively fast on the higher doses but I know that I need to spend more time adjusting to my dose, the lower I go. I'm splitting my dose and taking 1 mg in the morning and 1 mg at around 3 or 4 pm. I'm thinking about asking for the 2 mg strips the next time I go because cutting the 8 mg strips is a little difficult. Plus the Naloxone in the 2 mg strips is only .5 mg and I feel like that will make a difference when I decide to jump. Hopefully it will be a little easier, but I don't know. What are your thoughts on the Naloxone?
Anyway I just wanted to stop in and say hi and let you guys know what is going on. I will see you all around the forum. Great to be back, Angie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:15 pm 

Welcome back Angie! Your plan is sound and just keep doing what you're doing. December of '17 I can't remember what dose I was on back then. Now, I got it down to 1mg daily. Just a little ahead of you but no matter.

My suggestion is for you to have a decent stockpile before asking for the 2mg films. And when you do, your insurance company will ask for another P.A. Yep, even when you are heading down and saving them money they still want approval. Must be a computer thing that automatically kicks it back if the numbers don't match.

I waited until my 4mg stock was down to about a months worth and then asked for the 2mg ones. So at least there is some wiggle room in case of some weird delay or stock problem.

The world is back on it's axis with you logging in here again. Stick around for awhile please.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI RULE! So glad to hear from you :D Ok so I will have to get a pa for the 2 mg strips. Good to know. I have to pay a little something every 3 months for my Medicaid to stay in affect because I am in Alabama, as you know ;) and my Suboxone Dr. is in Georgia. I paid the 50 buck last month I think so I may wait till it's time again before I switch over to the 2 mg strips. Good to know... But anyway I have already talked to my pharmacist and get this. He didn't even know that there was any other mg strips other than the 8/2 strips. Geez you would think by 2018 pharmacist would be on the up and up when it comes to MAT. So your on 1 mg a day now?? Wow way to get it down there. THAT'S GREAT! That really is. I have just been at 2 mg for a couple of days but so far, so good. One thing that I have noticed while going down is I really don't feel the drop till about a couple of weeks in. I'm very sensitive to Suboxone. I know this because of how everything played out last year when I tried to come off. I was by no means ready though and I said that numerous times. Just grateful that I was able to find another Dr. when I did. Alright well I will be around. Your forum friend, Angie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:08 pm 

I also think the way ur doing it is the way to go. Of course u would want to have a stockpile after what u went through last year (at least I think it was last year). What happened to u was awful and I’m sure miserable! Ur playing it safe and making sure ur going to be comfortable.

U live in Alabama and go to the doctor in Georgia, I live in Tennessee and go to the doctor in Kentucky lol, we’re alike in that way. I live right on the state line, that’s why it works out like that for me.

Hope ur taper continues to be comfortable!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Jenn! Oh yeah I have about 40 extra 8 mg strips stockpiled. LOL Oh that's pretty neat how you go to a different state also. I live on the Alabama Georgia line so it's not that big of a deal to go out of state. It's about a 50 minute drive. I am so glad you replied Jenn because I often wonder how your bunnies are doing. I think you got a new one last time I was on or was about to get a new one. Anyway I'm doing pretty good so far. We will see how it goes. Your forum friend, Angie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:01 pm 

Just wanted to say hi, Ang! It's good to know how you're doing.

You've definitely been a smart cookie about this process. I am proud of you!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:43 am 

My doctor is about a 35 min drive, give a little more for heavier than usual traffic.

Yes! I did get a new bunny and she’s a mini lop. We had to get our other bunny neutered the second day she arrived lol but he’s calmed down a whole lot since then. We had some health issues with the new bunny. I bet we spent over $350 dollars on vet bills. She had an awful eye infection which left her unable to see out of one eye (temporarily) and furr mites which was given to our other bun! So needless to say, the breeder we got her from was terrible. There isn’t any bunny rescues around us or we would have went that route instead of a breeder. Oh well, u live and learn. Hopefully ur furr babies are all doing great too!

Hope u stick around a bit more, we miss u here :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Bamagurl22/Angie,

Hello! My name is Ash, I just read your post & wanted to tell you that you are such an inspiration to this place! I'm relatively new here still, but I just wanted to say hi & thank you for inspiring so many people! I've been at 8 mgs everyday for a year now, I don't want to taper to a small dose yet. I don't have the will power fully yet but I'm getting there... It is because of posts like this one that help give people the courage & the message that we're not alone. So thanks for sharing your story!

Love,

Ash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well hello Amy! You certainly do live and learn Jenn. I never had any luck with the mini bunnies either. They always seemed to have health problems. Hi Ash! Welcome to the forum. I myself was at 8 mg for a long time as well. Take your time. Develop a new lifestyle and get new friends. Learn as much as you can about MAT and recovery. This is a great place to learn and I lived on this forum in my first year. Most everyone is so nice and willing to do most anything to help. Your forum friend, Angie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Angie!!!

Indeed I've already made some Wonderful friends here! Thanks so much for being there for me/other people know need it! Since I've gotten sober, I've "deleted" lots of folks from my life. If they're not gonna push me forward, then they're holding me back. Thanks again Angie, I'd love to get to know you more!

Love,

Ash