It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My name is Kristin aka dolphin3683. First let me say I battle bipolar 1 bpd GAD and a couple other disorders but what started my opiate addiction was 2 car wrecks within 6 months of each other and Drs that love to write scripts. My first attempt to give up pain pills was in 2011. I ended up in the hospital having a T.I.A I dabbled with suboxone but didn't really KNOW what it was or how it worked,just knew it relieved withdrawal symptoms Finally in 2014 I went to a Dr to have it prescribed legally.. I had some problems with that Dr involving unfair payment. I refused to pay and was discharged. I turned to heroin for about a yr or so finally found a real good Dr was doing good then I moved had to change insurance now I'm at the establishment I'm currently at.. like I said I have mental illness so I always go to counseling plus my whole family is in a 12 step program so I have soooo much support I don't know what to do with it.. I've always had all of the other tools to help me.. the suboxone gives me the stability I need the knowing if I use I'm not going to feel it but I also have the fear that my medication will be jerked away from me and I'll be sick.. I study/research suboxone it's an interesting drug to me and when I found Dr J. I was in information heaven.. I've followed him/you for the last 3 yrs or so but just realized I could resister and be apart of the fourm.. I'm honored to be apart of this fourm/group

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:47 pm 

Hey Kristin! Welcome!

I'm so happy to hear ur doing good on buprenorphine. Dr. Junig is a lifesaver for many of us with his information and creating this forum. This forum has really helped me have peace in the last few years. Having others to talk to and support u that are in the same situation, it's priceless actually.

It's great u have support. I have support but not many immediate ppl around me know addiction or recovery to well. I do have a nephew still in active addiction though. My fiancé isn't an addict either but he's definitely my rock.

I go to meetings at my clinic and also addiction counselor at my clinic. I'm lucky to have a great doctor but I'm kinda over the clinic type setting. The $ is a strain at times so I get it.

I think we all have that fear something will happen, like our doctor will up and leave or whatever scary scenario we tend to think of. Try to not worry much, if anything happened, u could find another doctor.

Sooo glad u joined the forum Kristin!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:09 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

welcome kristen!
i was in 2 motorcycle accidents in 9 months! both within walking distance of my house. its amazing what life throws at you!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:15 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for the introduction Kristin. I get into my own Bipolar experiences in another thread but I did want to say a few things after reading this. I'm glad you're alive... period. The only people that I have ever known that got into heroin for that long are behind bars or dead. Count yourself as one of the lucky ones. I'm sure you've heard about some of the crazy stuff going around like the "Gray Death" for example. Ultra potent heroin laced with Fentanyl and some other nasty surprises. The risks are just so high with so many different mixtures going around.

I only experienced the hell of heroin for about a month, but it was enough for me. I have a hard time understanding how anyone can be on that roller coaster for any length of time without just losing it mentally and emotionally. It was so powerful and all-consuming... it had my thoughts and my body in a short amount of time. Every waking moment was dedicated to suppressing the agonizing withdrawal from that poison. I will never ever go down that road again. I'm glad I survived it myself. I'm still dealing with some of the trauma from being on it even for a short period of time.

I hope to see you around and learn more about your story. Take care!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome dolphin! We have a lot in common. I also suffer from Bipolar II and have for a very long time. I found opiates after a botched surgery and took them for 7.5 years before starting Suboxone on Good Friday, April 14, 2017 so I'm very young in my recovery.

Just wanted to say "Hi" and introduce myself to you. Dr. J is the best. I'm making an effort to read more on the Talk Zone too along with this Forum & all the wisdom of the mod's & members.

So glad you're here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Dolphin,

My name is Queenie. I am 74 yrs. old. Around here, I am known as the grandmother of the forum. I got hooked on opiates in my 40's but things got worse because I had to have my legs amputated.

Suboxone is a life-saver. Although you have other problems, let the suboxone help you with your addiction.

I hope you stay with us and continue to let us know how it's going.

Take care of yourself & be strong. We are here for you.

Love, Queenie