It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: just venting
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi I am a single mother to two girls 10 and 13. Just moved to a new state. My old dr prescribed me 16 mgs a day sub. Moving to a new state I tried and tried to find a new doc. The only one who could see me as quickly as needed said after being on 16 mgs for almost 2 yrs told me the most he would offer was 2 mgs, and not sure how long he'd be willing to do so. He pretty much discouraged mt e from that and gave me numbers to a few docs who would feel more comfortable prescribing a higher dose.

I left his office all the numbers he gave me were out of order. Called drug counseling numbers for sub docs near me to no avail. Waiting lists, not accepting new patients for that, not accepting my ins. I even called my ins co and they said they vould send me a list of pcps but would have to call each and every one to inquire if they prescribed suboxone.

I called treatment centers that wanted me to check in but being a single working mom there was no way. I even called a girlfriend to. See if she could help me out with a few until I could get in somewhere, but she was away on vaca.

The aniety got to be so much I said enoughs enough and jumped from 16s 30 days ago. My life is too hectic to go to a clinic every single day.

So here I am 30 days in hurting like hell, being mom and keeping my job. Only 2 people know what's really up with me; my mom and my boss. My mom keeps telling me I should feel better by now, but she's never been in my shoes and doesn't understand my day to day struggle. No one gets it. I'm incredibly frustrated and at my wits end.

It has to get better,right?

Post subject: Re: just venting
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I work with people and its hard to keep smiling and saying I'm doing well. I am so at the end of my ropw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:20 pm 

It does have to get better and it will get better. 16 mg to nothing is a huge, huge jump and you're right. Your mother has no idea how bad this is.

The really really good news is that you've gone a month. I'm sure it's hard to notice, but it has gotten incrementally better. I'm sure when you feel like so much crap it's hard to feel the differences, but you have made progress.

One of the best things you can do for yourself right now is to find some time to exercise if you don't already. I know it's probably the last thing you feel like doing, but most people find that it helps enormously.

Some people find that supplements help too and there are quite a few taper stories in Stopping Suboxone that list vitamins and supplements that people have tried.

Start a detox journal here too. Log in, even once a week and tell us about your successes and setbacks. Let us offer encouragement and feedback. It might make a difference too.

You're a brave and hardy person to have gotten through a month already! You can keep going and it will get better!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:52 pm 

Hey q,

First off, I just wanted to tell ya that I think ur incredibly brave to jump at that high a dose. I know it's not gonna be a cake walk at any mg u jump from, but 16 has definitely got to be worse. And ur at 30 days!! Wow good job. Especially being a mom going through the physical and mental is enough to drive anyone nuts.

What u went through with trying to find a doctor and not having any luck, is actually most of us on subs worst nightmare. Something happening like that is the worst.....and ur doing it. I'm sure u still feel bad, even ppl who jump from 1mg still feel rough on day 30. And there's no way ur mother could know or understand why u don't feel much better after 30 days. If u think about it from someone who doesn't realize how powerful sub is, it would seem logical that you'd feel better after this long. Unfortunately that's just not the way it is. But like Amy said, compared to those earlier days after ur jump, u have definitely made some progress. It's just so hard for u to see it because ur so sick and tired of feeling like crap. And I get that, I'd be pissed that it takes this long. But u don't ever ever have to go through this again hopefully. Think of it like....ur almost there, I think that's awesome.

I know ur at the end of the rope, but it's going to be ok and I admire ur determination. Good luck!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah ur both right about feeling much better physically. But my major issue as of now is my 13 yo is catching charges like crazy. She got home from detention not even a whole week ago and is starting in already with her unacceptable behaviors. Trying to keep my cool w her, but she's bigger and taller than me and my only option to control her is call the cops and let them handle it. Not the best thing to do when I'm already to snap out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Her dads not in the picture and I've even considered tracking him down and sending her ass to live with him. I'm sick of having the cops called here, my home torn up, and endless court dates. Thought the 4 weeks she was gone was as good as time as any to go thru wd. I didn't realize it was just gonna get worse mentally when she returned.