It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Just an update
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just wanted to pop in & give an update. I quit suboxone Oct 7, 2010. This was the first New Year in a long time that I wasn't messed up on something & I actually enjoyed it more than ever. My life has been complicated for years, I have been unhappily married for a while. I am forced now to deal with it rather than getting high to numb the feelings(not the suboxone, the other drugs I pumped in me). My husband quit suboxone at the same time, he remains off of it, but he now has fallen back into alcoholism. I begged him to just get back on suboxone, but he doesn't see the issue. I was saddened to see him destroy what little we had left, but I have realized I can't "save" him. I can only save myself & our kids. I have a clear head & I have asked him to move out, he is dragging his feet, asking for another try but doing nothing about his addictions. I just wished I had dealt with our marriage earlier...but had it not been for suboxone, I would still be unhappy. I can say I am happy for the first time in over 10 years. Though he currently still lives here, I am content with myself, and I guess that was what I was searching for. I guess my point is, even though my marriage is done, I am happy finally & I know it is okay for me to be sad, scared, tired, etc. My ups and downs are normal, it's just a fact of life. Suboxone has saved me from myself. My kids may not have their dad, but they have a focused, driven & happy mom again. Oh & I adopted a dog from the shelter last weekend...Yay! I love her to pieces. Everything is chaotic & I enjoy every minute of it. This is not meant to be "gloating"...just what I have been going through since I stopped suboxone. Quitting earlier for me wouldn't have likely worked, I quit because I knew I was ready.
With Love,
Lindscnn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't exactly know how to adequately respond to that. There are so many victories in what you wrote that I lost count. I'm really, really sad to hear about your husband. It's such a waste, especially if being too stubborn about restarting his Suboxone is leading him into alcoholism. What a wonderful wife you are that you made it clear to him that going back on Sub was okay even though you'd decided it was in your best interest to not take it anymore. You are pretty fabulous, you know? And you are finally truly happy! That's the biggest victory of all.

Thanks for sharing that.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's so good to get an update from you. I'm really sorry to hear things aren't going well for your husband or your marriage, but I'm thrilled to hear how well you are doing. YAY YOU! Coming back to let us know how you're doing is great for this forum and the people who are part of it. Not enough people return with updates - so thank you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:38 am 
I just wanted to say congragulations on all your success's. Im sorry to hear about the situation with your husband though. Hopefully things will work themselves out!! Take care!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Everything we go through as addicts is hard. We all hit walls. I am in day 5 post jumping and its pretty rough. I pray for you and your family. I am a Christian man that has been a heavy addict for 10 years. Is there any way we can help your husband? I can PM my phone number and email. It is fabulous that you are now on the other side and have much to be proud of. It takes a tremendous amount of courage to accomplish what you have gone through. For some, more difficult. While this place is a family of vulnerable, sharing, loving human beings, some bolt from the support that they absolutely need. I guess I'm asking you to look at this from another angle. what if the tables were flipped. I am in no way judging, and please forgive me if I have come across that way. I believe no person is unworthy enough to be left behind. Please PM me if I can help, and I will!
God Bless, Mark