It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Just an update
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:44 pm 
A few months ago I was told that my Sub doctor wasn't in my insurance network after going there every month for about 8 months and just paying my co-pay every month. Upon finding out my insurance co. was going to pay $0, I went through the experience of stopping Sub rather abruptly. After talking to both the insurance co. and the doctor I was told that the insurance would pay a percentage, and the doctor was willing to work with me, and he even gave me scripts with refills so I wouldn't have to come in every month.
Since that time I have reached my 1 year anniversary on Sub. My insurance co. (Aetna) has paid a reduced amount for exactly TWO visits. Then I just realized today that the 2 visits were in Sept. '09, a month before I even started seeing the doc. But I'll be damned if I'm going to tell them - it's the only $ the doctor got. In the meantime the doctor is stll seeing me. So for all of you out there who have docs that are only in it for the money, know that there actually ARE doctors who want to help addicts and aren't making any money doing it (at least not from me).
Socialized heath care anyone?