It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 12 off of suboxone and I am doing just fine. Mild cold symptoms as I mentioned prior, I still sneeze at every new scent that passes me. I have laughed more in the past week than I have in years, and I mean the side splitting, tears laughter...boy I missed that & didn't even know it! I found some "leftovers" that I had forgot about in my safe, and I disposed of them without even a second thought, no desire for them what so ever. I am feeling good & grateful! I may not be on here too much longer, only because I don't like reading negativity...just not what I am needing right now. My case was sever opiate addiction for 5 plus years, was on suboxone for 6-7 months(I would have to find the old bottle to be exact) I jumped at 4mgs(which I hear is not recommended) and I am doing great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Linda,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Thank you so much for coming back and posting i've been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers :D :D You will not receive any negativity here I feel you are a inspirtation to everyone. Keep up the good work and thank you again, please let us know how you are from time to time. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:11 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Linda,

Congratulations on your journey in to your new life! Jumping off at 4 mg is very brave, and it gives me great hope! I am actually tapering to 1mg from 1.5mgs. I am a bit concerned about how I will feel but know that the discomfort will be minimal. In another month, I will be down to .5 mg a day, and then by mid December, I will be off Subs totally! And like you, I plan on running forward and never looking back (at pills again that is!)

Keep up the great work and let us know how things are going from time to time!

All the best,
OOTW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think it's awesome that you are doing so well. Definitely brave and you are doing better than many who have gone before you. I will say that I recall sneezing lingering for a very long time. Fits of 5-7 at a time. It lessened over time but did seem to stick around a while. I am not sure what negativity you refer to, but would like to encourage you to stick around or come back from time to time and let people know how you are doing. There are a lot of people considering going off suboxone who could use the encouragement and who could benefit from your experience. If everyone who is successful leaves, only those who haven't been successful will be left. I mentioned this in another thread recently but I really do wish there was a sticky somewhere on here where people who have quit could come back to post their status and give an update as to how they are doing, method used to get off of it, recovery plan, etc. etc. What worked what didn't and what happened long term. Somewhere easy for you guys to find and somewhere easy for others to find.

Maybe there should be a new section called "Quitters" or something. For those who quit to update their status. Even if some people only quit for a week. At least then people could easily see what worked and what didn't.

Take care! Best wishes to you. Enjoy your life!

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations on your success. That is so awesome. I'm jealous, and excited to hear that you jumped from 4mg! I would love for you to continue to post, as I find hearing people progress with coming off suboxone most useful for me. I understand if you feel you need to "get away" though. Sometimes the mind had a hard time adjusting to a new lifestyle if it keeps reading about an old one.

Anyways, best of luck to you.