It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just want to send an update to those worried soon to be mothers... I had my daughter back in feb. My whole pregnancy i Was stressed and scared out of my mind about what was going to happen to my baby. one because my original sub doc said if i get pregnant i need to have an abortion. and two just because of meds. I found a new doc who switched me to subutex and kept assuring me everything would be fine. she was due march 6th but boy did she want to be early around 4 am feb 24th day after my sons birthday, i started to feel like my water broke, well same thing happened with my son but it wasent really my water and he was a 24 hour labor. so i got up showered got gas in van walked around etc few hours later contractions got pretty bad my husband was sleeping and go if this is false im going to kill you lollol so we left to take kids to schhool come to find out we had a flat tire so he runs kids through snow storm to school which was five min away by foot. meanwhile im in vaN SCREAMING IN PAIN trying to figure out how to get to my hospital because eif i call ambulance they will take me to closest one and i didn't want to go there. finally around 8:00 my father inlaw leaves work to pick us up he flies to hospital tells me not to have this baby in the new truck lol my husband calls says well be there to get epidurla ready etc the rest is a blurr but what i was told is we get there he wheels me to the room i need to go to they take my blood and say we need to wait 20 for blood work to give epidural im like what!!! it was 9:30 when we arrived around 10 i felt as if i needed to push and still no epidural i kept screaming swearing it hurt sooo bad but all in all 10:35 she was born no pain meds nothing i didnt have any time to tell nurses about meds the only person who knew was my husband and doc but he never paid any attention to it. She had no sings of nas was perfect weight color everything the only thing i noticed was she was a little more cranky like would startle but when i asked nurses that could of been normal behavior the night at hospital we both paid extra close attention to make sure she was ok and the first few days at home were nerve wreaking for nothing because she was fine. she is now 3 months and as little colicky possibly because of the gerd. I am breastfeeding and taking 18mg subutex and everyone is fine =) story sounds little crazy but i hope it helps those out there you should not be stressed or worry because more then likley everything will be fine enjoy your pregnancy and your baby and always tell your doc what you are taking. if you have any questions or comments feel free to message

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How many mg were you on when she was born?