It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone. I am here to talk a little about my induction from methadone to sub. Well here is my story. I have been on sub for years. I take one strip a day. For the past few months I have started to run out of sub about a week early bc I have been taking more than one strip a day on some days. I know it's a psychological problem I have bc I know the sub doesn't make me high. So when I run out of sub for the month I usually try to find a drug dealer who has sub to sell me. However this past week he didn't have anymore sub only methadone. So I was starting to feel sick and bought about 20 10 mg dones. The first day I took four the second I took two and then on the third day I took one. Then for the rest of that week I took anywhere from one to two dones per day. I purposefully waited exactly 36 hours before my last done dose to take an 8 mg sub strip that I got from my doctor today. Let me just say that I have never been addicted to methadone but to Oxys and I only took the methadone bc that's all I could get from my dealer at the time. Anyways, I researched a lot about precipitated withdrawl and was scared to death. I only really went through 8 hours of mild withdrawl. I wanted to make sure I would not get sick. So I took a sub strip after 38 hours after using my last dose of methadone and I had absolutely no precipitated withdrawl and felt just great. I am very happy that I did it right. I know this wont happen to everyone and I am just sharing my experience. I can say I will never do more than what I'm suppossed to a day, my husband has taken my script to give out to me the right day. Let me just say that I hate drug dealers and the nazi pharmacist!! I am tired of people telling me what to do when they aren't even a doctor!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:59 pm 

I'm really glad that the transition worked for you without PWs! I doubt that there are very many of us on suboxone who haven't tried taking more than prescribed at least once. It's very common, and you're right, it's psychological.

It's great that your husband is helping you by doling out your dose every day. Sometimes we just need a little help!

Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the forum!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great! I am sure your brain didn't fully adjust to be on one med vs. the other, and your methadone dose was kept pretty low, and then you tapered before waiting 36 hours. Looks like everything worked out in your favor. Hopefully you can used to taking the same amount everyday, or close to it so you don't have to deal with these stressful events.

Good luck!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I switched from methadone to sub, waited 5 days and was a total basket case, then took a small piece of bupe pill and of course that small piece went to 12mg a day 6 months later. Now I am just down all the time. I'm glad I'm off the methadone but it sure made me feel a whole lot better. So I'm trying to go down on the bupe to 8 after hearing that less is more with this drug. All in all with the cost and the bother I would of stayed on the methadone or stopped after I got to 4mg of bupe. If this is erased then My own personal experience must mean nothing. (just saying) good luck to everyone. On a lighter point, I hear the bupe is not as bad as methadone detox, so at least I have that going for me. Its the "partial" opiate receptor thingy that makes these drugs so different. I have yet to begin a slow taper down from this drug. Slower the better. I just can't afford it. It is so high! The dr bill is $375 , then the drug is around $300 at the drug store. With the government shutdown who knows if Medicaid will continue to pay. No way am I going to spend damn near $700 a month for something that makes me feel crappy but not sick. Any advice? Please.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:01 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for sharing useful information.