It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im 52 Years old and have been abusing pills for 10 years. It started with Vicodin for the first 2 and then I discovered OXY and fell in love. I have run my own business for the past 20 years and in a high stress environment and OXY took away much of that pressure. Unfortunately it ended consuming my life to the point that every thing I did revolved around making sure i had plenty of pills to get me through each day. It also made me make some stupid decisions in my business and made me less concerned at a time when i needed to be more concerned. Ive been married 25 years to an incredible
woman and I have 2 great kids 18 & 20. I have really fucked some things up this past 5 especially and have not been the husband or father I should have been. I have kept my addiction from everyone except for my pill supplier. Im a great liar and a great sneak and if not for my wife being such a strong christian and a true faith in the Lord Jesus Christ she would have been long gone. She has told me so and more than once. I sold my business back in december and have been screwing around kind of looking for other work and living off of the money I made in the sale but Im spending $5,000 a month on fuckin pills and its ridiculous but you know that feeling of how can I possibly function without them.
I decided this week as my wife and daughter have left town for 8 days and I went to my doc last week and found out about suboxone and read others peoples stories that this is the time. I have the chance to be home alone and just veg out for a few days while switching over to sub. This morning at 7AM I took my last 2 80mg Oxys I have been taking 6 of these a day for the past year. My doc has given me a chart to be able to tell when to take my first pills of the suboxone, he says since I have been taking pretty high dosage that it might be 36 -48 hours before I feel enough withdrawl symptoms to take them. Does anyone know? I know you re not supposed to take them
until your feeling pretty shitty. If I have to wait that long then its gonna be a shitty night of sleep tonight and hopefully im shooting for tomorrow night at 6pm to take them. Do you really feel that normal after that first dose.? Does it really take away that bad anxiety feeling and the craving. I hope so cuz Im scared about that because I cannot function if I have all that anxiety. I have 5 days from now until my family gets home and I pray I will be able to handle life on Suboxone by then. Thats enough for now. I will keep updating this as Im starting the WDs today and tomorrow and please if anyone out there has any advice for me or encouragement-I need it. Im so excited and yet nervous to get my life back. I love my family to much and I just want to feel Normal. It is 10am and of course feeling fine now but by this evening for sure the craving and crappy feeling will start moving in. Im planning on a rough night. Ive got a bunch of movies and other stuff recorded so its gonna be me and my Golden Retreiver-Willie_ veging out for the next 2 days until I can take tht first pill. It feels good to tell my story- I wish i could tell my wife. Thanks for listening. Scott
one other question can u drink alcohol while taking suboxone.?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:44 pm 

Hey Garrett, Welcome to the forum AND your new life....
wow, our stories are almost the same. Im 55 now, started sub therapy two months before my 52 birthday. 3 years and 5 months clean today. Yes, Garrett, it really does work as thet say it does.i kept my bizz but lost the wife and both houses. My x moved me back in just after I cleaned up. You are very fortunate you ve kept your family togather. Good for you man, lots to build on..
I even have a Golden too. MAXWELL, arent they the best??...

Well, ok, use the cows scale your dr gave you, im assuming this is what you have.
Withdraw sucks, but the worse you feel the better when you start your sub.
6 80s a day is a hefty habit. Go as loug as possible Garrett. Try not to count the hours, go on how you feel and use that Cows.
Also how did your dr Rx your doses? How much to take in the begining?
Better to take it Slowly at first. You will be amazed how well you will be feeling once your stablized.

Dont do this all alone, post back to us, let us know. There is GREAT support here my friend. You will get your life back.. also, go over to Dr Junigs Talkzone and read some of his many posts on the blog
He owns and started this forum. All the best Garrett.
Glad you are taking this step forward for yourself and family...... its going to get ruff, no doubt, but it ll payoff soon.....razor 55....

if you want to PM me feel free.....

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Scott, welcome to the forum!!

Go back and read Razors post again cuz he hit it on the head!!

As for drinking while on Suboxone, yes you can, but you'll probably notice it doesn't feel quite the same. For many, Suboxone mutes the effects of alcohol somewhat.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Razor and Romeo thank you for responding. Im 12 hours in , that is since my last OXYs and starting to feel a little edge. I did mix up a Jack and Coke and thats taken off a little edge. Its funny ever since I have taken pills I hardly drank at all I guess because i felt the alcohol took away from the pill buzz. Thank you guys for the advice.
My Dr said that since I chewed the pills when i took them that maybe they wouldnt stay in my system as long. Does anyone know. I am going to wait as long as possible until I take the first subox . To answer your question the Dr. has me starting on 2mg tablets and taking 2 for first dosage and then 1-2 later in that first day. The second day I take first the total of pills from the first day which will be 3 or 4 and then 1-2 later in day 2. Third day take total from the 2nd day plus 1-2 later in day 3 as needed. Finally the fourth day take the total from the third etc. Then I will need to call in before I get a refill. I have a chart with different withdrawl symptoms. I follow this chart and give values of 1-3 for particular symptoms and how severe. When the total adds up to 10 then I can take my first subox.
Razor congrats on your sobriety-I wish I would have pursued this much sooner as I have really created a bunch of stupid shit in my life. I always thought I would have to go to some kind of rehab clinic. Im excited to see how Im gonna feel in a couple days and to not have that craving. Thanks again. I will check back tomorrow. Scott

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:57 pm 

First off let me say im sorry for calling you Garrett!, sheeh...
GARNETT,just hang in there, and try like hell to score yourself as best you can, its not easy, but you ll do fine.
Drinking? Sorry, I think its a bad idea really. Yes a drink or two tonight maybe, but you need to feel Every thing to score yourself. So....I think Romes was sayn AFTER your on sub alcohol really dosent feel good at all ( I hope that what you meant R) Im a total abstinence guy now so , well uno,...hey I drank for 35 years and I Know sub therapy keeps me from it..amazing reallychow this works...

Good luck Scott..hang tuff you can do this man...razor r...

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Razor, yes, I meant the alcohol would be dulled once he's on Suboxone. I didn't realize he was going to drink tonight.

As Razor has said, drinking tonight may not be your best option, Scott. Look, I know opiate wd bites the big one, but you have to go through it for a bit before you get on Suboxone. The alcohol won't necessarily interfere with Suboxone, but as Razor said, your COWS (the chart you're using is called COWS--Clinical Opiate Wd Scale) score may be incorrect.

I think your doctor is wise to have you starting at 2mg, but I pretty much just glossed over the rest of his plan you typed out because it looked too much like calculus to me. :)

Yes, the fact that you've been chewing the OC's means they will clear your system faster than if you just swallowed them, but you were on a pretty hefty dose, so you really have to make sure you're in pretty decent wd before you start Suboxone.

It looks like your doctor is having you reach a minimum score of 10 on the COWS before you induct. To me, you should be reaching a score closer to 15, maybe even 20. I was about a 23 when I inducted and my induction was perfect.

Here's a link to the COWS I've used. http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_ind ... _sheet.pdf

I know the verbage says a score of 5 to 24 is sufficient for induction, but the risks of inducting too soon involve Precipitated Wd (worst intense wd known to mankind), so your safer waiting a bit longer to get a high score so you know you'll induct without prec. wd.

Hang tough, man.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you guys again razor and Romeo for replying. It's nice to talk to people that know there stuff and want to help. It's 230 am and I want to wait until 6am but shit I'm at 23 now on the COWS and cannot sit still and feel like my skins crawling. Tried to sleep but no way. My first dosage is 4mg- that is two-2mg tabs. I read on here that if I'm still not sure if I'm ready for that first dose maybe just take one of the tabs and see what happens. I'm gonna sit here another hour- do the test again and then decide. I just want to sleep. I did Have one cocktail tonight but I won't be having more. I think it's been 6 months since I've had ANY alcohol except a couple beers. Thanks again,- I'm gonna make and be normal again I know it. Talk to u soon

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:53 am 

Scott,
Hows it going?.. 23 already?..
Hmm,..I think if starting , yes, 2mgs at a time is a good idea.

It SEEMS to soon, BUT im not you or scoring.
ok, well how are you?.

I got lucky at induction. I didnt have this forum or a dr who told me anything..thank god my useage had dropped..

Razor

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Razor sorry for the delay. The subs have worked great although i have not slept at all and have
some bad lower back pain. Im sitting here tonight feeling pretty damn good. I did take 4mgs to start and then another 2mg and 4mg that first day. I still suffered thru that crawling skin feeling where you just cant get comfortable and thats the maim reason no sleep. I read more on this forum- which has been incredible by the way-where people talked about those first few days and most said the first 1-3
days are the worst so take what you need to be mostly comfortable. This morning I took 4-2mg tabs so 8mgs and then tonight I took 4mgs and got some good sleep today. Now its 9pm ad Im feeling good its been 72 hours since my last oxy im not going to take anymore subox tonight as im going to see what happens overnight. I am feeling normal with out any cravings which is an amazing feeling -its a fuckin Normal Feeling-Im pretty damn excited about it.
Ive really learned alot on here and am gonna be careful to get off this subox as quick as possible . I dont want anymore of this shit-time to focus on the important things and keep myself busy.
im gonna back down to the 2-2mgs tomorrow morning if feeling good . Ill be back her tomorrow. thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:29 pm 

Hey G, hows it going thses days?
Wondering how your feeling over this first week.
Just asking, hope all isxwell.

razor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:19 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello,

Really depends on how much you drink. it would be fine though too much can be dangerous