It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just got back from Baja California where I took ibogaine to be free from suboxone. While suboxone is better than no treatment at all I felt for myself that it was time for a change & that i'd just become a slave to a substitute. Plus, I was having severe problems urinating on sub, now that's gone. Ibogaine is in no way fun but so far it's done the job, although i'm pretty wiped out physically. I really think it's a shame that this form of treatment is not available in the US. Perhaps when we get our heads out of the sand & end drug prohibition addicts will have more options than becoming shackled to Big Pharma.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

pirana wrote:
I just got back from Baja California where I took ibogaine to be free from suboxone. While suboxone is better than no treatment at all I felt for myself that it was time for a change & that i'd just become a slave to a substitute. Plus, I was having severe problems urinating on sub, now that's gone. Ibogaine is in no way fun but so far it's done the job, although i'm pretty wiped out physically. I really think it's a shame that this form of treatment is not available in the US. Perhaps when we get our heads out of the sand & end drug prohibition addicts will have more options than becoming shackled to Big Pharma.

Does anyone know why ibogaine works? Can you describe your experience more...tell us what you went through?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

In order to undergo ibogaine treatment for sub I had to switch back to a full agonist for two weeks prior to treatment & was fortunate enough, in this case, to have access to lots of dilaudid 8mg & a few oxy's on top, all illegal of course. Upon arriving they take all your meds away & give you just enough to keep away withdrawal as the first few days they did blood work & an EKG. On the third night I was given a test dose then a while later a second dose. I don't know how to describe the visions other than to say it involved electric shamanic creatures & patterns of light & a constant buzzing. I wouldn't say it was terryfying but at times it was disturbing. The next morning & all day I felt like I had the worst flu you could have, x 10. Then the next day I felt very weak & tired but mentally very tranquil & relaxed. At this stage I was very instrospective of my life & what a waiste using is & the things that are most important to me like having a family that cares about me in spite of the years of hell i've put them through. The experience is still unfolding so i'm sure ill be able to add more to the story.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

pirana wrote:
In order to undergo ibogaine treatment for sub I had to switch back to a full agonist for two weeks prior to treatment & was fortunate enough, in this case, to have access to lots of dilaudid 8mg & a few oxy's on top, all illegal of course. Upon arriving they take all your meds away & give you just enough to keep away withdrawal as the first few days they did blood work & an EKG. On the third night I was given a test dose then a while later a second dose. I don't know how to describe the visions other than to say it involved electric shamanic creatures & patterns of light & a constant buzzing. I wouldn't say it was terryfying but at times it was disturbing. The next morning & all day I felt like I had the worst flu you could have, x 10. Then the next day I felt very weak & tired but mentally very tranquil & relaxed. At this stage I was very instrospective of my life & what a waiste using is & the things that are most important to me like having a family that cares about me in spite of the years of hell i've put them through. The experience is still unfolding so i'm sure ill be able to add more to the story.

I just read the wiki on it...I've heard of it and probably read the wiki a few years ago but I needed a refresh. It sounds interesting. It somehow allows you to be fully conscious in the REM stage of the sleep/wake cycle, allowing you to analyze

memories and life experiences on some extreme emotional mdma like level. Your supposed to figure out why you've became addicted in the first place while your whisked away on some adventure in dream land. It is also conveniently a moderate kappa and weak mu opioid full agonist. I just think it sounds cool though. Kind of like Inception. I wouldn't mind just doing it for fun but it interacts with pretty much everything. I think it may be because it affects many different neurotransmitter systems simultaneously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How much did it cost?