It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Just Started
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:42 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey Guys,

I have read post here for at least a year. Wanting to take the leap but not being able to find a doc. I FINALLY got contacted from the naabt dot org website and the next day (yesterday) was in the doc's office. I had been on oxy's for about 10 yrs. Chronic back pain, easy to get them, nobody questioned it. But it was killing me. Had taken my soul. I was scared to death. I've detoxed before and it was 2 months of hell. I was still not "right" 6 months later. Had more surgery back on the pills.... Anyway. If you are on the fence, scared of this, unsure. Please don't be. This was as painless and easier than I could have ever hoped for. If you are on oxy etc. just make sure you haven't used in at least 12-16 hrs. I was uncomfortable but not miserable. Before I left their office I was felling "normal". I slept last night, didn't have any wd's at all, some mild chills once in a while today but really feel like a human for once. Anyway I'll quit rambling. But please if you are considering doing sub then go. Today if you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:50 am 

I'm so glad you've taken the plunge and started on suboxone! I started reading posts on this forum fall '11 too! That was after I was induced, but I still didn't start posting until February.

I'm so happy for you that you get to return to a state of normalcy after being on oxys for so long. I will never forget how wonderfully normal I felt when I left the doctor's office. I was amazed!

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. I hope it will help others on the fence decide that they can do this, even if they're scared. I hope you stick around and let us know how you're doing. Sometimes, after the good normal feeling is familiar, you can start to feel a little depressed or at loose ends. For me it was hard because I had spent so much time thinking about my pills, and I didn't know what to do with my brain or my time. Seeing an addiction therapist was a huge help to me! She helped me keep things in perspective.

Anyway, thank for helping others with your story!

Amy