It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:28 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey All,

I just started taking subutex and I have some questions if you don't mind?
I was taking between 4-8 30mg roxy a day. Subs help me not to withdrawal, but the cravings are still there. Please excuse my ignorance for this topic and sorry if I state anything that has been answered before in other threads. My main question is, since I was so addicted to the euphoria i get from the oxy will subutex or Subxone work for me? (Mainly stop cravings and thinking about getting high constantly) I just find that after prolonged use to oxy, now when i am not on it i am always bored. Will Buprenorphine help me if i am still craving the euphoric affect i get from the opiates? I took 1 8mg Subutex and another 1/2, but i still am craving. Any help from you all would be great. Thank you in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:28 pm 

Usually suboxone takes away the cravings/obsession and the withdrawals. Some people need more buprenorphine to cover their opioid receptors in the brain than others. I am guessing that you are not taking enough of the medication. I would talk to your doctor and ask to be prescribed 16mg per day instead of 12.

That's my opinion and I'm not a doctor. Others will come by, I'm sure, to give some more educated opinions.

Welcome to the forum!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:56 am 

I agree, maybe ur doctor can move u to 16mg a day. I was taking around 5-7 oxycodone 30s a day at the time of my induction to buprenorphine and my dose was 16mg. That dose worked amazing for me. So as far as cravings go, it took care of it almost immediately.

U do get bored at first because ur so used to chasing ur high, the routine of getting it and the routine of doing the pills..... u miss it and imo that's very normal. But u have to fill ur time with more healthy hobbies. Ur gonna have a lot of time to fill so maybe ur mistaking some of that as cravings. I definitely missed it at first, but I was also so amazed that I didn't have to be sick anymore or obsess anymore, I was the happiest I'd ever been! :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

wannastop 1234,

I also started on 16 mg. I wouldn't be concerned that 16 mg will be harder to taper from than 12 mg because most do not find that to be true. It is important to be on a dose that you feel stable on. If you are looking for any type of opiate high I doubt that you will succeed.
Welcome and best luck in your recovery.