It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello. I just started Suboxone treatment last month....I go soon to get my 2nd prescription for it. I just found out today that my depo provera shot that I am on was due last month and I forgot to get it. I just had sex 3 days ago and took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. Now, I have to wait 2 more weeks and take another pregnancy test. However, I go to get my next Suboxone prescription before the 17th and I am wondering if i should tell my doctor that it is a possibility that I could be pregnant? I am worried that he is going to take me off of my suboxone and i really do not want that because it is helping me so much with my drug addiction to narcotics. It is the best thing I have done to help myself. So i am really worried about what I should do? Could someone please give me some advice as to what i should do at my suboxone appt coming up? I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well, first of all, take a deep breath.... you may not even be pregnant.

There is that chance that you are, so I would talk to your dr. and tell them. You can re-test on the 17th, right? Tell them that as well or maybe they can test you again in their office, I don't know if they will do that or not? I'd definetly try not to stress too much now though and talk to your dr. He may be able to switch you to subutex for now, or until you find out for sure whether or not you're pregnant. Subutex, I think from what I've heard is supposed to be much safer for baby, but I don't know much about it, I'm on suboxone. You can go thru and read some previous posts on here about subutex and the women who were prescribed that during pregnancy.

I'm sure others will jump on and give you some answers because there are a lot of women who have been prescribed subutex or suboxone while pregnant, so I really don't think your dr. will just stop writing you a prescription for one or the other.

Good luck hun, and try not to stress over this too much right now. Re-test and talk to your doc. That's going to give you the most reassurance. I wouldn't just not tell your dr. your fears tho...