It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:31 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'll start off by saying I've been addicted to Oxycodone(or Contin, whichever I had) for about 9 months. Was taking around 150mg a day if I could afford. If I couldn't, it was between 60-90mg. I finally went and got on suboxone.

Went in my first day, filled out a bunch of paper work, and saw the doctor. He started me with 4mg in the office. After about an hour, I felt a little better but still not 100%. He sent me home with the other half of the N8 and a script for one more additional 8mg sub. So when I got home, I took the other 4mg under the tongue and felt GREAT. Not high, mind you, that's pretty much impossible, nor is it the point, but I felt alive again. I felt like I had never been addicted. I was in the best of moods. So, I go back in the next day and fill out a "withdrawal/how are you feeling now" chart. And it asked: "Have you used any substances since your last visit?" and being the honest person that I am, I wrote down yes, and it was Marijuana. I've been an avid smoker for about 8 years now. I've never had a problem. Never become addicted to it since it's pretty much impossible, but I just enjoy it. It's a way for me to relax after a hard day. I have to take a UA, and tell the doctor that it's going to show positive for weed since I usually smoke every day(Weed can stay in the system for up to a month, or more). Didn't really say anything. Well, we get into the room and he sits down with me. Looks at the chart and says to me... "You smoked weed yesterday?" I tell him yes, I was celebrating the start of my new life. He looks at me in disgust and says "Clearly you're not ready for the program." He then tells me I need to abstain from marijuana use if I'd like to continue on suboxone.

Did I miss something here? I got on suboxone because I wanted to be free of OPIATES. Marijuana has had NOTHING to do with my addiction and it's been more help to me than a harm. He tried telling me that smoking marijuana will lead me to relapse. How the heck does that make sense? If I stay on the suboxone, I have no desire to get pills, I have no cravings, no withdrawal symptoms. What would make me relapse is the doc kicking me from the program for a completely separate issue. Hell, taking away my FREEDOM could potentially be more cause for a relapse. He even told me I shouldn't associate with my soon to be fiance because she smokes marijuana every once in a while. I had to laugh at that one.

I want to stay on Suboxone. I don't want to get sent packing back to the streets because this doctor just doesn't like "potheads" and get back on Oxy or even worse, heroin for when I can't score. I'm DONE with that part of my life. I never want to look back, but it just seems like my hands are tied either. If I want to be clean from pills, I have to give up my freedom? As long as no opiates besides Suboxone are showing up in my system on the UA, I figure I should be on the right track am I right? When I signed up, I did NOT know this was going to be a "Completely Sober or you're gone" type of deal.

What can I do here? I told him that I simply would not like to give up weed, but I don't want to stop taking suboxone or be kicked out either for it. He's so biased that Marijuana is an extremely potent drug, in fact he told me that "all the media about it being somewhat healthy and thoughts of legalization" is BS and that he puts it in the same class as heroin, crack cocaine, or any hard drugs. He tells me "It doesn't make sense to me that you want to quit using, but yet you are still using." Yea buddy, I want to be free from OPIATES. That's what SUBOXONE is FOR. Suboxone is not meant for MARIJUANA DEPENDENCE.

I'm sorry I'll stop now. I just feel that I'm being wronged here, and my hands are being tied. I feel like my freedom is being stripped from me. Marijuana never led me to using opiates. A damn dentist prescribing me 7.5mg hydrocodones for an oral surgery is what led me here.

I just feel like I need to vent, and hopefully you guys will understand. I can't talk about this with anyone else because they just don't get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum Subox845. I imagine you will get some responses to your post. I also have a hunch that you are not going to like some of them - perhaps many of them. We'll see.

I am most confused by a comment that you made several times. You stated that:

"I feel like my freedom is being stripped from me."

I am curious as to what "freedom" it is that you feel is being stripped from you? The last time I checked, the ability to smoke pot is not one of the freedoms that is afforded to anyone in the United States - not just you. In fact, other than a few exceptions, marijuana use is still against the law in most places. Can you please expand upon how you are being asked or forced to give up your freedom?

I'll let a few others tackle some of the other elements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think you will like my post :-)

My first doc was a jerk, BUT........you might be able to tolerate someone like him because he also prescribed medical marijuana and totally believed it was not an issue. In fact I have pain issues and if I would take an extra sub, he would say he would rather me smoke pot than take an extra suboxone. I am in the Seattle area so if you aren't around here, you would have to find one of your own who has no issues with weed but the point is, not all doctors hate potheads and not all docs have an issue with it.

If your state has medical marijuana, then you may want to find out who prescribes and then go to the suboxone-directory and see if any of those people match. In the meantime, you can just tell your current doc that you agree to remain substance free OR tell him you will find a doctor that is ok with the weed but you don't want to relapse and need a month or so to figure it out. I don't really know how the drug tests pick up the weed or if they can tell how recently you smoked. I would assume you should have at least a couple weeks where they won't be able to tell the difference.

Those are my ideas. Good luck.

Cherie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You will find that their are only a certain amount of doctors out there that prescribe suboxone due to the stigma, regulation and oversiteof the drug itself. Many of them are limited to only 100 patients a year I believe this is up from 30 patients-not sure on that maybe it 30 patients your first year. They face audits by the DEA who would love nothing more than busting a doc who helps addicts (my opinion only-former law enforcement). Now imagine your doctor knows your using an illegal drug and failing UA's but continues to give you a schedule controlled drug (Suboxone). How many doctors do you think are going to risk their careers, practice, license and their freedom so you can keep getting high by smoking marijuana? I doubt you will find any doctor that will. You will also find that many doctors will not allow you to take benzos as well.....You have a choice to make. The doctor is not being unreasonable in my opinon.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Unfortunately this came on unexpectedly for you and it may have been easier had you known prior so you could feel a greater sense of "choice" in the matter. Although you are not addicted to marijuana, if it is causing you this much frustration it is quite possible you are addicted emotionally/mentally. I don't personally have anything against marijuana anymore than most people do alcohol. Even once I went on suboxone, I would find myself having cravings due to emotional or situational factors. Had I continued to use alcohol (which I was not addicted to and never had been) even occasionally or seldom, I wouldn't have had to force myself to recognize my cravings and find another way to handle them.

If you continue to use marijuana, you may very well deny yourself the opportunity to learn what your triggers are and how to manage them without substances. If/when you decide to go off the suboxone, I think you may struggle in greater ways because you won't have developed the coping skills and other methods needed to handle those anxieties and stressors. If marijuana wasn't enough for you before suboxone, it isn't likely to be enough after suboxone. Do you plan to stay on suboxone forever? If you do, then I think it may be a little different and maybe Jackcrack is on the right path when she suggests you could search for a doctor that better fits your needs. This doctor could be hard to find and unless you have a diagnosed pain condition that marijuana is known to help and you reside in a state where medical marijuana is legal. I am not sure you will find a suboxone doctor willing to prescribe and allow for positive THC urine screens on a regular basis.

Again, I am sorry you came up against this extra requirement. It is always easier for me when I know in advance what I have signed up for. When I went in for suboxone treatment I was not expecting that I would have to remain clean of all substances, including alcohol. In the end, I am glad this was a requirement because I learned a lot from total abstinence and I think it was healthy to make a complete commitment to changing my life in more ways than just being substance free.

Meg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Brighteyes brings up a point....I had to sign a contract with my sub doc that said I would abstain from all drugs including alcohol......not sure if you had to..but unfortunately I know my doc would have bounced me if i tested positive for marijuana...I am not sure where you live..but jack is right if you live in a state that alllows medical marijuana then you may be all right...if not I think you are going to have a tough time........good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:36 pm 
Hello Sub845 and welcome. I'm sorry you're having a rough time. You should have been told by your doctor from the beginning of your treatment that use of any unprescribed substances was not allowed and that you'd be subject to drug testing throughout your course of treatment. Unfortunately some doctors, nurses, therapists, etc. are not clear in laying out their expectations. I know for a fact (because my doctor is one of them) that there are Suboxone prescribing doctors out there who do not drug test. Well, I should probably clarify......he hasn't ever tested me. Maybe he tests others, I can't know for sure. You may have to call around to some other Sub docs in your area and ask if their requirements are any looser than your current doc. If so, I suppose you could continue Suboxone and continue smoking pot at the same time.
Having said that, I also have to say that I agree with donh and Reraise in supporting your doctor's right to demand a standard of compliance from his patients that includes abstinence from illegal and/or mind or mood altering substances. You'll find of plenty of people here on the forum who do not think that pot is an issue....that you can be in recovery and still smoke pot. As far as that part of the subject goes, I'm going to ride the fence a little bit while leaning more toward the "you shouldn't smoke pot in recovery" side. Reason being....I believe there are probably a few people out there who smoke pot on occasion and it really isn't a big deal. They can take it or leave it and would not be the least bit upset about leaving it. Kind of like a person who occassionally has a glass of wine....wouldn't break their heart at all if it were banished from the face of the earth. However, I don't think there are too many pot smokers who fall into that category. Marijuana is definitely mind and mood altering and it is definitely illegal. I think if you're in recovery for opiate addiction or whatever other substance of abuse, you need to look at all of them....Why are you using? Is there something you need to address or deal with instead of self-medicating? In my opinion, "recovery" should address more than just getting rid of using a substance of abuse. Recovery should involve looking at your way of living and coping with life....trying to improve your life from every angle. To me, that would include addressing everything that is potentially destructive in your life. I think anything that is illegal would fall into that category. As would anything that is mind or mood altering that is done more or less just for kicks or to "relax." I'm not talking about antidepressants or antianxiety meds that are legitimately prescribed for you. But anything that could be dealt with in a healthier way needs to be looked at.
Whether you decide to continue smoking pot is your choice. Only you can know and judge whether it's healthy or right for you or not. I figure while you're getting off the opiates, why not try to get off the rest of it? Whatever you decide, you'll find support and encouragement here. We're all in the same boat as far as trying to get off and stay off the opiates! We may not all agree on everything, but that much is sure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:25 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well, I guess my frustrations were that when I came into the program, I had no idea that I was to remain completely abstinent from all substances. I guess that's where my problem lies. Can I live without the marijuana? Certainly! I'm by no means psychologically or physically attached to it. In fact I've stopped using for months without much care at all. I never craved it or felt "ill" in any fashion during that time. Before I got on suboxone, some days I smoked, some days I didn't, and the days I didnt, I wasn't moody, upset, or anything like that. I just figured, meh..not a big deal! However... It's just something I enjoy. Is it doing me any harm? Some would say so, others wouldn't. I however, feel as it is not. It has not made me "more depressed" like some doctors lead users to believe. It has helped IMMENSELY with my insomnia, which is the MAIN reason I self medicate with it. It also cures nausea during periods where I have the flu, so it's always been an aid for me during those times. I figure...if I can smoke a natural substance that was put on our lovely earth by god/mother nature/what have you, then I'd rather indulge in a little bit of that to help me sleep, rather than be forced to take yet another pill to help me get some rest. The truth is, there are some legally prescribed medications that do far more harm then this little plant could ever do.

Take a look at opiates for example. They work WONDERS for pain. For someone suffering chronic pain, they can be a god send. They effectively let you live your life the way you want. That person is able to do things they couldn't before because now they aren't bed-ridden with intense pain. GREAT! The problem is, if you're a chronic pain sufferer, it doesn't matter how much opiates you take. Even if taken "as directed" with no over indulgence, all it takes is time. Time for tolerance to build, which promotes stronger and more frequent dosing to manage the pain. What else comes with time? Dependency. Over a legally prescribed medication. And it's ruined a lot of lives. I guess I just compare this to marijuana simply because marijuana use, in heavy amounts even, usually does not cause any kind of dependence. There are some rare examples however.

I guess that's my point. It has been beneficial to me. Technically, it's an illicit drug, and it is illegal, but not 100% entirely. Each year that passes you find more scientific or medical findings that Marijuana does have it's uses for medicinal purposes. I could find 1,000's of pieces of literature online stating so. More and more states are allowing medical marijuana and some are on their way to legalizing it entirely.

Besides that though...

I'm still unsure if I really want to take the time to find another doctor and then get lucky enough to find one who doesn't do urine screening. I think there are only 3 doctors in my general area(25+miles) that can prescribe Suboxone/Subutex and my chances of finding one who fits this specific criteria is pretty low. I think for now I'm just going to stick it out. My doctor knows I was an avid smoker before going into the induction, so he knows the marijuana can stay in my system for up to a MONTH(Crazy huh!?) and will obviously show on any UA given in the next 2-3 weeks. That said, I will finish the little bit of Marijuana I have tonight/tomorrow and stop using it, at least for now. For the next 3 weeks anyway, I will be going to my doc every tuesday. After 3 weeks, I will only be going once a month to get my prescription. I'll wait it out and see how things plan out. If he keeps testing me or not, etc. If I do decide to smoke again, it will be at this time and no sooner, because I do not want to be kicked from the program without having enough suboxone to hold me until I can find a new doc, should I need to. Who knows, maybe even after this month or so break from weed, I'll have no desire to start again!

Sorry for the short story all. :)

Just please don't think I'm just "searching for a way to keep getting high". I don't use Marijuana for that purpose in all reality. Believe that or not. It really has helped me sleep very much so, and I just don't want to take a pill for my sleeping issues. Like right now I take 150mg of Trazodone to sleep at night, and I am a completely zombie when I wake up, and don't feel that great..which sometimes tricks me into thinking I'm starting to go into minor withdrawals and need to take my sub dose then and there...when in reality I could wait a little longer. Idk, I'm still very new to Suboxone, and I'm sure I'll be in the swing of things in no time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My suboxone prescriber is not too concerned about Marijuana use. I still use it on extremely rare occasions, and have even turned in a UA with THC present in it. All he asked me was: "How often do you smoke?" And I answered him honestly when I told him that it was once in a blue moon. He said "fine, you should really stay away from it" and I told him I would try very hard to do that.

I have, for the most part, stayed away from it.

I think it really all depends on your doctor and on your philosophy about recovery.

I have chronic advanced Hepatitis C, which causes pretty frequent nausea. The marijuana actually helps a bit with that, and that is almost exclusively when I use it: When I am not feeling good.

I think it's a bit of a slippery slope to get on as a drug addict, though, especially if you're using it recreationally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I, and others in my recovery group felt the same way about alcohol as you do about marijuana. I had never had a problem with it and didn't see the point in not having an occasional drink. Dr. Junig apparently felt the same way and read how his story turned out when he started imbibing.

I will share with you what my counselor said to me. Since you don't have a problem with it then you won't care when you give it up! He said if the Doctor told me that marshmallows were bad for my recovery would I go on about it, trying to rationalize why I should be able to have them or would I just say okay and quit eating them. He was right. You have to ask yourself why something that is not important to you should be an issue to give up. Since you are not physically or psychologically attached to it, and can certainly live without it and have without much care for several months at a time then it should be a non issue. It is our addict thinking as usual. Good luck!

*Christopher Robin to Pooh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey man i know how you fell but at th end of the day your dr is right. no matter how much you think mar. helps you in the long run if you still want to smoke weed then you are not ready for suboxone. cause sub treatment is for painkillers yes but at the same time its also to help you with much more then just getting of oxys. its suppost to help you get your life back and the dr wants u to be clean totally to try and help you do that. all your doing is treating one problem but not the other. i know you think your not addicted to mar. and your body cant get addicted to it but YOUR MIND IS 100% ADDICTED TO IT. tell me why do you need pot to make you feell better after a long day? how does it help you in any way? their much better ways to find ways to relax then smokeing pot man. if you dont want to rid your body of all subtances besides suboxone then whats the point of trying to get help.

now if you were smokeing pot leagally for pain mang then i would understand were your coming from 100% but you are useing it for other uses an thats not leagal man. u have to understand your dr does not want you useing ILLEAGAL DRUGS WHY HES TREATING YOU CAUSE ITS AGAINST HIS PRACTICE! and in his mind its wrong.

i live in buffalo new york and have smoked pot for 9 years been to amsterdam 3 times for the cannabis cup and the whole nine yards for pain issues but once i got on sub i realized i had to stop to really commit to my treatment. and in the long run it was well worth it. my dr is for medical mar. and does not mind if you come up posistive for pot but i knew in my mind that if i kept smokeing pot then i would not truely commit to my treatment so i made my own choice to stop to get better and it was def the right decison for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

my subox program is so strict they won't even allow you to smoke pot with a medical marijuana card and doctors note. You're allowed 3 strikes, strikes are missing a subox group, forgetting to test, and testing positive. After 3 strikes you're weened off and booted out and can try again in 3 months if there isn't a waiting list. It upset me, but at the same time i hadn't smoked pot in so long because heroin and oxy and dilaudid and what have you, took precedence over all other drugs and my money supply. It was always opiates first, other stuff later, opiates is basically like pot times 100000000 for me, so when i would smoke pot i would throw down the blunt and be like this ain't shit, let's stop a gas station so i can boot. I was a very sick person, pot which had entertained me for years no longer meant anything to me after that day at the dentist (Yes i got addicted just like you, from the damn dentist and some fucking wisdom teeth) I understand the program now though, getting high on weed woulda just left me reminiscing about other times i got high on better things, it's not pot thats the gateway drug, it's pot being associated with the black market shady culture and the culture that is the gateway to drugs. that's my personal belief anyway.

Here is what i suggest bro, either find a doc that allows medical marijuana. Find a doctor that doesnt do UAs (My friend who is in the program im at now had a doc that prescribed him Sub and benzos AND didnt UA. but his insurance didnt cover it, and he was tired of paying so much money for the subs and not having a solid program) Or just stop the mary jane until you feel you're ready to do it again, if you honestly think you can just smoke weed and be okay. However if you find that stopping is an issue and you feel resentful, angry, cheated, unable to handle life on life's terms without weed than you have some mental dependency I believe, and smoking weed again after a full recovery would lead to problems in your life. Honestly i wish i could drink alcohol and smoke pot too but i can't and thats life and i accept life on life's terms.

Post subject: marijuana and suboxone
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It seems like that caught you off guard. Now I generally have a "whatever works for YOU" attitude about recovery stuff. Having said that......my first impression is that you are trying to portray a very casual "although I like it, I can take it or leave it" attitude towards your pot use, and I have to believe that you would not have such a strong emotional reaction if you were not very threatened by the thought of stopping. My Suboxone doc does not test me and is fairly liberal about things while keeping well within legal and ethical boundaries. I think you should find another doc but I just want to suggest maybe examining your reaction to the whole thing. Of course this is just my opinion. But to me you seem very self-aware in other areas so I just wanted to share my feeling with you. Good Luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I really can see both sides of the pot issue and to me personally I'd argue that at least for me pot did not impair me anywhere near as much as alcohol did. However since I started on Suboxone I've remained abstinent not because I think I have a problem with pot but because I realize that given my long history of substance abuse it'd be very easy for me to try and find another substance which I could abuse. Lol for goodness sakes I've even had problems with compulsively drinking caffiene in the past. I also can be very prone to compulsively eating sugary foods. The point I'm making is that at least for me it's dangerous to allow myself to continue using substances as doing such would eventually lead to me making justifications for using the substance and this in turn would likely lead to me into convincing myself I need to start taking opiates agonists again (lol trust me it's not hard for me to convince myself that I "need" a medication or substance which I could abuse). Before starting Suboxone I used to justify my opiate abuse because of back pain and spinal issues which lead to having a spinal fusion several years ago. I was somehow able to put things in perspective however and I finally realized that I could continue abusing opiate and likely die as a result or I could take Suboxone and try other ways of dealing with pain issues (including prescribed exercises, heat, proper posture, avoiding heavy lifting/digging, ibuprofen or naprosyn, etc.) Thing have turned out well for me so far and now I feel like there really is a chance that I may actually die of natural consequences. I also don't feel as bad for those close to me as at least now there's a chance they won't have to deal with burying me. Anywho for me at least I could find all kinds of reasons of why I should be able to or "need" to use a particular substance but I've started to see those thoughts as simply the rationalization of my inner addict hoping to find some chance of me using again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Just to let you all know, I haven't smoked since I made that post, and in all reality, giving up weed wasn't hard at all. With each day that passes, I pride myself more and more on how good it feels to be a NORMAL person, who doesn't use any mind altering substances. I do have a couple drinks on occasion, like when I goto the bar with my girlfriend to watch a game, etc. But my doctor doesn't care about that. He doesn't mind that I drink, if I can keep it to a light buzz at the most and not be getting drunk every other night of the week, so thank him for that. I guess that was what confused me. Marijuana has NEVER impaired me like alcohol has. Not even close, but alcohol is ok? I guess it's just the whole stigma of what's legal and illegal.

The only thing I really was pressing was, smoking weed didn't land me in this mess and I didn't come to a suboxone doctor to get off weed. I came to get off opiates and just because I smoke a little marijuana now and again, it's not going to make me jump back on the opiate bandwagon. I have suboxone to prevent that! I do have morals, and I do have self control. I've abused MANY drugs in my life, and although they were fun, I always knew when it was time to throw in the towel before it got out of hand. For instance, back a couple years ago, I was doing cocaine every time I went out with my friends to a bar. I noticed that the frequency of use was climbing and I completely stopped in my tracks and went the other way. So much that I wouldn't be around my friends if they were getting "blown" out. The only drug that got the best of me was opiates, and I think the same goes for a lot of people here, and all over our lovely world.

But like I said, it's all history now. I had no problem giving up weed. Yea, there are some times that I would like to smoke a little bit, but it's due to boredom(my number 1 trigger) and I'm finding new ways of coping instead of falling back on a substance. And now that I don't have to do that, I feel 100% better about myself.

Thanks for all your replys guys and gals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:00 pm 
That is awesome! You've proven that what you said before was true....smoking weed wasn't a problem for you. You were able to walk away from it easily. So that's great! It sounds to me like you are taking your recovery quite seriously. And honestly that's what I was worried about for you initially. We have to be willing to do whatever it takes to get our opiate addiction into remission. I've never had a problem with any substance abuse during my entire lifetime (I was over 40 when my addiction started) but opiates got ahold of me real quick! I agree with you....I do think that's the case with a lot of people. I also think opiates are super hard to give up in comparison with other drugs because of the changes that occur in our brains over time with chronic and constant flooding of the opiate receptors and the down regulation of the natural-occurring endorphins. You've got to really be committed to get off opiates!! And I can see that you are! Good job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

dude thats fucked up. ive had2 docsand both said:dont wory if u fail for marijua"...sorry man try a new doc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:23 am 
shane86 wrote:
dude thats fucked up. ive had2 docsand both said:dont wory if u fail for marijua"...sorry man try a new doc

Old ass thread, but I wanna chime in also.

My doc says this too. "I'm not a cop. I am checking to make sure you are not taking any drugs that will interfere with the Suboxone to harm you."

Just because some people in AA or NA told you that smoking weed will lead you back to shooting dope doesn't make it true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

my 1st suboxone doc, a year ago. he prescribed me clonodine and a muscle relaxer...i know they worked...But my new doc, here in grand rapids...names doctor wayne smith...he'll prescribe u 30 2mg of klonopine and 30 100mg trazadone. Im on day 7 and ive got four layers of clothes on and 2 pairs of pants,,,still i feel the chills......

I must say, the best time to get off this shit is when u r not working, im collecting unemployment right now, so thats helping with some of my negative thoughts

all in all klonopin works fine for me and trazadone of 150mg puts me right to sleep.
just keep looking around for sub docs...there arent too many unfortunatly since they have to take something like a 60 hr course to legally prescribe it.

oH yea must important thing u must do is taper urself down to .50mg or even .25mg...itll leave that much less of a half life streaming through your body......u can do this man...this is our one andonly mysteriously life. do u really want to be on drugs watching the world pass u by?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:48 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Why don't you try giving up weed for like three months and see how you feel? I never had a problem with marijuana, but at different times in my life I sure smoked alot of it. You shouldn't have to use a substance frequently to relax. Once in awhile is fine.

I haven't smoked pot in a year and don't miss it all that much. I will probably smoke it again at some point, but right now I enjoy not being on anything.

Also, I have to agree, you do not have the "right" to smoke marijuana. However, the doctor has the right to not prescribe Suboxone to people who he deems not ready for it. He probably allows no drug use at all, including alcohol. I have to take a drug test every time I see my doctor. Its never been a problem though. He does ask if I drank any alcohol, which I haven't, so I am not sure how he feels about that.