It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

SWIM has been addicted to Oxycontin for about a year now. Last few months SWIM has been up to 160mg a day. The addictions is ruining his life and needs to stop doing these drugs. Swim does not have a perscription for opiates and gets them off the street. SWIM has recently purchased 10 8mg suboxone in an atempt to get clean. Rehab is not an option at the moment.

The real question is will It be possible to stop opiates after 10 days on suboxone? The will power is there, but how will it feel after the 10 days?? any help will be greatttlyy appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First of all you say SWIM has 10 8mg pills and you ask if he can get off opiates on 10 days of Suboxone so Im assuming that you are assuming hes gonna take 1 8mg pill a day.... That in my opinion is TOO MUCH for someone on 160mgs of OC a day. If I was in the same situation I would attempt to use those 10 pills for a month supply and taper the mgs for the 30 days until there isnt any more. OR, I would take 3 of the 8 mgs pills over a 10 day period and then stop for good if possible. In my 1st scenario using the 30 day maintenance SWIM will probably still feel AT LEAST mild withdrawal symptoms upon running out of suboxone. Also in my opinion SWIM should most definatly attend AA or NA meetings in his area and try amd build a nice and healthy support group of other addicts that understand him best and can offer the best advice. If he trys any of the above things and relapses over and over again and rehab is still not an option I would then suggest he go to a Dr. and try long term suboxone maintenance at a low mg amount or a naltrexone implant. I used to be a horrible heroin addict and after trying EVERYTHING ELSE and still relapsing Ive found that either suboxone long term OR the naltrexone implant has served me the best and helped me get the most clean time combined with meetings... Try to avoid methadone as well i think. Anyways this is some advice from me but Im not a Dr, just an ex-junkie thats been though it all.... Good luck to you and SWIM ---- LEVI