It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: just saying hello
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

owdoos

to be honest....its good to find a bunch opiate heads in the same place....can't really discuss this topic with many people...and didn't think a forum like this would exist...glad to have found yous

last time i did a subutex cluck was over 10 yrs ago.....this last stint has been about 5 yrs on subutex (bought a plastic bag full, off a m8 for £10 to get off the gear)....this year my subutex supply dried up, and i've been able to get hold of suboxone 3-4 months ago.......down to 2ml a day....i sure i'll be able to get down to 1ml.....but i find it hard breaking a 8ml any smaller.....and i remember with my last subutex cluck i was breaking 2ml into 4

picked up the weights afew months ago....trying to eat well....Barleygrass + maca powder,milk thistle for liver...all that sort of stuff.....i'm 42....and i don't wanna be stuck on opiates into my 50's....theirs abit of me that thinks feck it...and carry on as i am and maintain it....if i don't do a WD soon...its gonna be another 5 yrs...then 10....and cos i aint got a script...i never know when my supply will come to an end....and we all know clucks don't get easier

i do have a question

is suboxone a different cluck to subutex? (even though they both contain Buprenorphine)

thanx for reading

subbed :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:55 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey subbed, welcome to the forum. I am also trying to get off of suboxone. I worry about the same thing, knowing that at any time my subs may be cut off (I don't have a doctor either). Sometimes reading peoples' posts here makes it seem like it is pointless to get off of subs, because the PAWS can last a long time (someone today said even 5 years), but I like to think that I can overcome PAWS just like some people miraculously recover from cancer. And for some people, they barely get PAWS at all. You are much older than me and wanting to quit, that it isn't too late, and that gives me hope. I, like you, also like this forum because I have no one else to talk to about this stuff.

Your slang is a bit foreign to me. Are you from Australia? Britain? I do know that a major difference between subutex and suboxone is that with suboxone, you cannot take it after you take a different opiate without waiting about 24 hours (some people need 48 hours, some people need only 12 hours), or else you will have immediate withdraws - throwing up, unable to move, terrible, terrible, unbearable symptoms. Also, after you take suboxone, you have to wait at least 4 hours until you will be able to take different opiates and feel them. Some say you have to wait a few days to get high on other opiates. I know that after 4 hours you can already start to get high on other opiates. The longer you wait, the more you will be able to get high on other opiates. But before the 4 hours, the suboxone will block the effects of other opiates.

Hopefully this information does not need to be too useful for you, as I know you are trying to not use opiates at all.

Anyways, the subutex is different. You do not have to wait 12-48 hours after using other opiates to use subutex. The internet says otherwise, but I think that is misinformation. Subutex has never made me sick after using it within 12 hours of other opiates.

Also, the subutex will not block other opiates. Once again, I don't have first-hand experience, but on the street I hear people say they love subutex because they can take it to take care of their dope withdraws and then don't even have to wait a day to feel the effects of other opiates again. It does not have the blocker effect.

Also, what is a cluck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

invisiblemovement wrote:
Anyways, the subutex is different. You do not have to wait 12-48 hours after using other opiates to use subutex. The internet says otherwise, but I think that is misinformation. Subutex has never made me sick after using it within 12 hours of other opiates.

Also, the subutex will not block other opiates. Once again, I don't have first-hand experience, but on the street I hear people say they love subutex because they can take it to take care of their dope withdraws and then don't even have to wait a day to feel the effects of other opiates again. It does not have the blocker effect.

Also, what is a cluck?

Yo invisible, I am not trying to start any funk but these 2 paragraphs are not exactly right. Buprenorphine is what causes precipitated withdrawal, not naloxone. suboxone is bup+naloxone and subtex is just bup. The naloxone in suboxone is supposed to stop people from injecting buprenorphine. It's negligible though and doesn't really do that, it's more of a scare tactic for the maker of suboxone to push it on doctors saying its harder to be abused and diverted over subtex. The "blocker" effect is from buprenorphine, which is suboxone and subtex and the induction process for both is the same.

Anyway hope ur doing well Invis!

Subber welcome to the forum. Does cluck mean cold turkey? Just to be clear you do have to wait until mild to moderate withdrawal on subtex as well as suboxone.

-gb

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hello Subber and welcome to the forum!!!! Glenbee hit the nail on the head! So I won't waste your tim emaking you read something that is just a reapeat of what you've already read. I just wanted to extend a warm welcome to the forum!!! Let us know if you need anything at all!

Have a great weekend!!![/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i wrote out a big post but wasn't able to post it...thanks for the warm welcome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

try again with a bigger post

Again thank you for the warm welcome...from ALL

Invisiblemovement....yes your right...i'm not looking to take herion anymore...so not bothered if the pills have nalaxone or not.....just wondered if the nalaxone had a side effect to withdraws...the reason i'm taking soboxone is because my subutex supply dried up...watched a youtube vid that bought me here

5 yrs subutex...so can't really remember what quantities i took and when...although i did wait till i'd got ill (WD), before building up up the subutex

over the last few days of finding this forum...managed to cut down from 2ml to 1ml of suboxone a day....(felt it a little,but nothing to worry about) i won't do anything rash...will hopefully level out for a few wks and see how it goes...get comftable again

yes...from the UK....sorry for the slang (slang means secret language).....haha,we do use different words...we never call heroin "dope"...we call marijuana dope.
most common names for heroin...gear,smack
"cluck" is withdraws...maybe because of John Lennon's song "Cold Turkey"

reading other members story's can be heavy,cos it brings back memories of past failings and sufferings etc....if it wasn't hard...we wouldn't be here...but also very encouraging that we're not alone,and that there are success stories..... i hope we all manage to live the life we truly desire (or somewhere close)

thinking about it...i've never had a forum like this to share and find encouragement while detoxing......it won't take the pain away....but....as they say" a problem shared is a problem halved"

subbed