It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Just registered
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:02 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello all,

I am an alcoholic addict. My journey with narcotics started just about 10 years ago. I am from Central New Jersey, and I have lived in Los Angeles and Massachusetts, and now in Florida. I am a fishing nut and I love Destiny on Xbox1. I'm over 40.... yea- Xbox1. I am otherwise healthy and I have been employed in retail most of my life and I have low back and neck pain that started this whole mess.

I wanted to say here that I am SO HAPPY that this site exists, and that I have a bunch of like-minded human BS detectors to bounce ideas off of. I have a question for the main forum, so I'll continue there. Thanks in advance for any help I might receive from you all in the future.

TL;DR Hi!

Post subject: Re: Just registered
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi EmBanks! I just wanted to say hello and welcome you. This forum has so much information, I could easily spend hours reading it(and I have). The moderators, Dr. Junig and docm2 are extremely helpful and graciously volunteer to help us find answers, solutions and offer a great deal of support-as do other members. It truly is a place for help, support, knowledge and advice. They work very hard to make sure the content here is accurate and up to date. I have learned a lot from this forum and continue to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:43 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you. I plan to read posts for hours as soon as I have time. I really want to taper off this med. Just wanted to add that I am a male, and my username- which kinda sounds female now that I look at it- is from Scottish author Iain M Banks, of whom I am a HUGE fan.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:23 pm 

Hey EmBanks, welcome. This is the best pro-suboxone forum you'll ever come across :) at least that's how I feel.

My son has an Xbox One also and I'm VERY familiar with it too lol, not really playing so much anymore because he's grown out of wanting his mom to play multiplayer with. His favorite is Gears of War! But he plays a bit of everything, his newest is Dishonored 2....I don't think he's ever mentioned Destiny though. Don't think ur to old for Xbox One, I had to call Xbox live a few weeks ago, and the tech told me that he had helped out an 82 yr old lady recently lol. Totally normal :)

We support everyone here, from beginning suboxone, maintenance on suboxone and ppl who want to taper off suboxone. Heck there's a few that's been off yrs that still come bk to offer their support also. So it's truly a wealth of experience. Thankfully we don't tolerate bashing suboxone though because it's been such a blessing in most of our recovery. It's really awesome to have ppl to talk to that know exactly how ur feeling.