It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:52 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I just quit tonight, I took my last suboxone a few hours ago. Let me give you a little background information about myself, my current situation, etc. (I apologize if this post is a little disorganized, I am writing this when I haven't slept in over 13 hours, I wanted to write this before my w/d)

My past:
I have been addicted to roxycodones for almost 2 years, I have been through the withdrawals around 5 times, only once did I cold turkey it. The time I quit cold turkey is when I lasted the longest before starting back up since I went through all the pain. Anyways, this last time I used Suboxone to quit since I heard you aren't able to get addicted to it and it helps a lot. So I started taking small 2mg doses every day. About 2 months later, I had some stupid idea about snorting it (since I snorted the roxycodones and I kept using it because I always felt depressed with my life), I was originally using the orange 8mg pills but then I started using the strips (by cutting them in little small pieces), I ended up doing 4mg a day (2mg in morning, 2mg at night). The only problem with the strips were how they were so much more stronger and lasted longer when snorted. I viewed the whole situation harmless so I continued to snort it until recently when I forgot to take a dose before work and I realized how addicted I was to it, so I decided that I needed to commit to quitting and being finished with all pain medication all together forever.

Current situation:
I live with my parents (I am 22 years old), I go to college and have a steady job that requires a lot of responsibility and hard labor at times. I told my work that I was going to be out of town til Friday (Sept 30), I told my parents I plan on visiting a friend 2 hours away from our house til Monday or Tuesday (Sept 26-27) but really I went to my friends house 20 minutes away to stay with their family (if I stayed home I would never be able to relax, my parents are always on top of me, giving me chores, etc).

So currently I just took my last suboxone a few hours ago. I am planning on roughing it out at my friends house til Monday or Tuesday then to continue my withdrawal at my house and continue to work hard at my job (even though I wish I quit it and focus on school and bettering myself).

My items to help me get by:
2 4mg of Xanax
4 10mg of Valium
20 50mg of Trazodone
a bunch of Imodium

I have read a lot online about Thomas' recipe, and I am planning to go with that plan as much as I can but I wanted to ask for some guidance from you guys and see what you guys think I should do with what I have. Previously I have taken a Trazodone and it didn't make me sleepy, same as Valium (Xanax makes me pass out). For now I am planning on waking up tomorrow and taking 2 pills of Imodium and a 10mg of Valium. I don't know what time I will need another dose of Trazodone or Valium.

Also I am looking for an online sponsor who will follow my thread every day and help me through this. I will do my best to update my status, current feelings, etc.

I appreciate those people who are committing to help me, I pray that I am given the strength to make it through this.

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:59 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello, helpin727; and welcome to this forum!

I really hope that you get what you need;
and I wish you good luck with your situation.

May I ask you why you have decided to stop the Suboxone?
(If you don't want to share this information, then nevermind.)

-ex-

Post subject: Re: Welcome
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

exorphin wrote:

Hello, helpin727; and welcome to this forum!

I really hope that you get what you need;
and I wish you good luck with your situation.

May I ask you why you have decided to stop the Suboxone?
(If you don't want to share this information, then nevermind.)

-ex-

I do not mind, I have been abusing pain medication for way too long. A few years ago I was introduced to the drug, I never understood how addicting it was but I continued to do it and ended up burning $4000 of my savings account. Eventually I understood I needed to quit and I had to quit 5 times before I was completely off roxycodone. On my last withdrawal I was using Suboxone which was very helpful and allowed me to feel normal and gave me a energy boost. At first the drug didn't seem to affect my life but as I started to snort the drug (big mistake - stupid me) and start using it 2 times daily, I knew I might have been addicted to a new drug. The thing I keep viewing about my addiction is that suboxone is like a battery, without taking a new battery I am unable to do anything. I am tired of this feeling of being locked into taking drugs to just live my daily life, for the last 2 years I have not been clean one day. This whole mentality makes me so depressed.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

It has been 12 hours since my last dose (insufflation). I ended up going to bed at 7AM, woke up at 1PM because my friend and his mom were having a huge fight. So I am a little tired, my stomach feels funny (probably the start of the runs - took 2 Imodium), and overall no sweats. I decided today to get out of the house and go to Free Museum Day to get my mind off things and to do a little walking around. I am going to keep a Valium in my pocket in case I start to get a overwhelmed feeling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi helpin727". it takes time to get the right effect from suboxone. if you adjust to your right dose? you won't have so much a problem with subs. i just don't feel your ready to take on life cold turky with your problems? subs may make you feel confused
a little" but in time you will be feeling much more aware of things and more active" and sub will help you from going back to what got you on it in the first place. good luck and thanks again for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi helpin727". it takes time to get the right effect from suboxone. if you adjust to your right dose? you won't have so much a problem with subs. i just don't feel your ready to take on life cold turky with your problems? subs may make you feel confused
a little" but in time you will be feeling much more aware of things and more active" and sub will help you from going back to what got you on it in the first place. good luck and thanks again for sharing.