It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Just a Quick Update
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

My last sub dose was april 15th which was a friday............I had up days and a couple uncomfortable days but nothing I couldnt deal with, I also got shingles the firs week in which was painful but I survived and now I have an infected cyst on my back that I have to have surgically removed and biopsied. That thing kicked my ass...........my immune system seems to be going nuts on me ..

I had to go to the emergency room with my back because it looked to me like staph infection, dr looked at it, drained it and said there is a cyst in there that must be removed or I will continue to have infections there...... they wrote me a script for percodan for pain ( which was thru the roof) the script was for 15... I told the dr to make it for only 5 which I took 4 of thruout the weekend and I was freaked out that I would withdraw again but its been 2 days since I took them and aside from my back I feel good. I go to the surgeon on Thrusday and hopefully it wont be a big deal they are only going to evaluate and do pre surgery crap its just out patient but is very close to my spine..................

Gonna try to NOT get more narcotic pain meds as the percs I did take felt to damn good...........but I dont want to get in that cycle again

as far as any more wd's I am not feeling it which is a good thing. I need to hit the gym I havent been there in 6 days cuz of the infection but I think I will go tomorow even if its just to walk on the treadmill.... I had a high fever with this but all the antibiotics knocked that out

So I have some bumps in the road but will hang tough

thanks guys and girls
Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats on your success. IT seems we have similiar cricumstances as I have an infected glad on my groin with an absess that I have had sugery on before but it has now turned into a fistula which needs more pronounced surgery to correct as the entire thin needs to be cut out. The pain is listed at moderate to severe and needs to be controlled with pain meds. 2 week recovery time is a minimum and I do not know how I am going to deal with this whole thing. Today is my 24th day sub free and am I still dealing with extreme lethargy, so to hear you are reping and roaring to go after under three weeks along with the other medical issues you are having seems like you are on the road to success to me!!! Congrats..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YAY! I'm so happy for you and amazed at how well you are doing/feeling. Maybe the w/d takes a toll on us physically more than we think and that's why people seem to get sick/infections more....not sure.

It's a true miracle and a testament to your dedication to your recovery that you went through this painful infection and did not let the pain meds take you down. I cannot say "Good job" enough. I cannot imagine if I had to only have 1 drink every six hours for a few days. I guess I maybe could do it if I HAD to, but man that would be hard. You are very strong!!!

laddertipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

what mg are you tapered down to ladertripper? my son was born on march 31st and I have started to taper in the last two weeks. I have been prescribed suboxone since December and I was taking 12mgs a day but in the last two weeks have tapered down to 4mg so far. I have felt my emotions come back more but I kind of want to be done with opiates and be totally clean for my son and his mother. Is a slower taper recommended instead of a fast one? Two years ago i jumped off 2mg of suboxone and was clean until day 16 and then I did a 40mg oxy and thought just one wouldnt hurt me. I was wrong and niave then. I know I can make it threw the withdrawal, its the part after the physical that scares me. The boredom was what got me before. Any suggestions, on a quick sub taper?

Post subject: Mg / Lisa ... Wow!!
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted to ditto what the others said before me, you are doing amazing! Especially considering the added problems you're dealing with. You should be proud of yourself for sure!

Also just wanted to chime in on the weakened immune system theory... For the first 30 to 45 days I was off suboxone, new ailments seemed to crop up every few days. It was discouraging and a little scary. Hubby was getting irritated at me for what seemed to him like hypocondriachal complaints, but I was truly sick in a bunch of ways with various and sundry little ailments. Bladder infections, allergies, ... I won't bore you... but after I got myself checked out to make sure I wasn't sick in some undiagnosed way, I came to believe that it was just my immunity being compromised by the withdrawl.

You have a great attitude. What you're going through isn't easy but you are doing it!!! Bravo for seeing things as they are and doing all you can to make it through. Proud of you. Keep us posted :)

Bobbi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

for you to be able to push through withdrawal with all those ailments proves how strong you are. hang in there, you are going to make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:48 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks you all..... I was pretty freaked out about taking those percs thank god my bf was with me at the hospital and all weekend cuz all I could think was " finally off subs and once again I am getting prescribed percs", then I thought I would go thru withdrawal again but I didnt and I am much better.

I just cant believe how my immune system is going this nuts I been sick more these past few weeks then the whole time i was on subs..........I am 48 yrs old so I guess I am not as young as I used to be

I actually havent worked out in almost a week but I am going to do a mini workout tonight, my head needs it plus working at home and being home sick make you want to get the hell out of the house. Hopefully the sun will shine soon so i can go ride my bike... thats when I feel the best ;)

Aquasun thanks for sharing your stories I think my bf thinks I am a hypochondriac too lol I just didnt expect all this crap to go with it, but the worst is over and I am still ok

hugs to you all
Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tlongx012 wrote:
what mg are you tapered down to ladertripper? my son was born on march 31st and I have started to taper in the last two weeks. I have been prescribed suboxone since December and I was taking 12mgs a day but in the last two weeks have tapered down to 4mg so far. I have felt my emotions come back more but I kind of want to be done with opiates and be totally clean for my son and his mother. Is a slower taper recommended instead of a fast one? Two years ago i jumped off 2mg of suboxone and was clean until day 16 and then I did a 40mg oxy and thought just one wouldnt hurt me. I was wrong and niave then. I know I can make it threw the withdrawal, its the part after the physical that scares me. The boredom was what got me before. Any suggestions, on a quick sub taper?

Hey, I am at 1 mg right now and have been at 1 mg for a long time now. Well, it's been 45-50 days. I've also been on Sub since 2005, so it may be harder for me because of how long I've been dependent on it. It's amazing to me to hear someone say they are not afraid of the w/d but are more afraid of the part after that. I am terrified of the w/d!! I know that's a mind game and makes tapering way harder. I haven't figured out yet how to conquer that fear.

If you are already down to 4 mg from 12 in only 2 weeks, then that tells me you may be able to do this whole thing without much trouble. That's a long way down in a short time. My only advice is basically to listen to what your body is telling you. If you are able to go down quickly, then by all means, do it! As far as relapsing, I am of the mind that we can learn invaluable things from relapses. I relapsed many times, but I learned something important from each of those experiences. Maybe you needed to learn that you really and truly cannot ever have 'just one'. I know I had to learn that the hard way. Good luck!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks for replying ladddertipper. Down to 1mg thats really good. I am proud of you. It is not easy to get down to that does. I want to be down to 2mg in a month and hopefully 1 mg a month after that. and then on the third month i am going to try to get down to .5mg and jump from there. I have never taken clonadine in withdrawal and I have heard it helps alot. I am going to ask my doctor to prescribe me that at the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tlongx012 wrote:
thanks for replying ladddertipper. Down to 1mg thats really good. I am proud of you. It is not easy to get down to that does. I want to be down to 2mg in a month and hopefully 1 mg a month after that. and then on the third month i am going to try to get down to .5mg and jump from there. I have never taken clonadine in withdrawal and I have heard it helps alot. I am going to ask my doctor to prescribe me that at the end.

That sounds very doable to me. My experience with this seems to be kinda unique to me. I don't know why it won't get easier by now. I do think it's because I've been on it for sooooo long. You'll probably be fine. And, thank you so much for telling me it's good to get to 1 mg! I need to remember that. It'd easy to get hung up on how far I have to go and forget about how far I've already come, KWIM?

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Have you ever gone through full suboxone withdrawal laddertipper? Hang in there you are doing a great job. i really want to jump off right now but i know it would be better if i slowly wean down in the next 3 months. I am not looking forward to withdrawal but I hope it will be my last time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

went to surgeon and yes I need surgery to remove the cyst...........they are gonna call me this afternoon with the date I go should be in about two weeks ............................gonna try to not take pain meds or see if they can give me non narcotic ones

Saw my sub dr yesterday he almost had me in tears telling me how far I have come ( he knew me back in the methadone clinic days when I had full dreadlocks and a bad attitude lol).............he is also my physiciatrist........ I told him about my back thing and that I took percs he did mention it was ok for me to take pain meds thru the surgery then after he wanted to put me on naltroxelene or however you spell that which was fine. but he wanted to wait till after my surgery . then after my next visit in june I only have to see him a few times a year for my seroquel :):)
amen chapter closed :)