It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:51 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey everyone,
I used to get headaches after I dosed almost everytime within an hr. I had read that this was possible from the Naloxone/Narcan. So I stopped swallowing the saliva after dosing and I haven't had a headache since. It has been almost 2 weeks now! So there has to be something to this. I just wanted to let folks know.
Take care everyone,
Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Happy,

Thank you for giving us this update. It will be helpful for others experiencing this same side-effect. I hope that with this issue resolved, you are doing well in your recovery.

Thanks,
Morphing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for the comment, I am down to 4mgs now and will stay at this for awhile before I drop again. I would like to get to 2 mgs. Dropping from about 16mgs to 4mgs was a walk in the park. But I know it gets tough from here on out. I am in no hurry to go any lower right now.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Great! 16 to 4, that was really fast. I agree, there is no need to rush the taper, and if you settle on a dose that works well for you, then it's fine to stay there as long as it's serving you well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for responding Morphing,
I am doing just fine on 4 mgs. I was beginning to get worried about taking so much before.(16 mgs) Everyone said it was a waste anyways. And still no headaches. I am mixing my dose with Listerine and taking the 4mgs as a liquid. 4mgs with 1ml of Mint Listerine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

happyg1961 wrote:
Thanks for responding Morphing,
I am doing just fine on 4 mgs. I was beginning to get worried about taking so much before.(16 mgs) Everyone said it was a waste anyways. And still no headaches. I am mixing my dose with Listerine and taking the 4mgs as a liquid. 4mgs with 1ml of Mint Listerine.

So, do you dissolve the strip in the Listerine and let it sit in you mouth for a while? Listerine burns me too much to use just as mouthwash. There's no way I could hold it in my mouth long enough for the medication to be absorbed! :shock:

I started Suboxone 9 weeks ago today. I was initially taking 20mg a day. So far I've dropped that to 12mg. I was taking a minimum of 150mg of morphine prior to that (although 360+mg a day was no big deal to me). So glad to be off of that!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Morphing,
Actually the Mint Listerine is rather pleasant done this way. I'll mix 2 mls or 3 mls with an 8mg strip and set it in the refrigerator for an hr. or so. I started at 4mls with an 8mg strip. I found that was too much liquid. If you leave it in the frig overnight, most of the alcohol in the Listerine(20%) is evaporated. It's easier for me to get rid of the Naloxone/Narcan by using this method..
P.S.
2mls of Listerine is a very small amount, if you are worried about the burn. Try it and you might not need 12mgs. It seems to work a lot better. I take my dose about noon or 1:00 pm and I don't think about it anymore until the next day.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for posting this Happy...I have seen the recommendation before about using Listerine to potentiate a dose, but don't recall seeing specific instructions before now. It's always nice to have the option of taking less and receiving the same effect.

Hope you are doing well!

Q

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey blondie,
I was wondering where you have been. I thought maybe that last winter storm got you. lol
I had been doing a lot of research about a liquid taper and I thought a solvent would work better than water. Maybe I will start a fad! lol
You take care