It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Just Queenie stopping by
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

I am just stopping by to check on all my grandchildren. I love all of you and I pray for you everyday.
You know who you are.

I am doing great. I saw my Suboxone doctor yesterday. Another 6 month refill and I will see him again in April. I don't want to stop Suboxone completely. My doctor doesn't think it's worth it to go through the discomfort, even if not much and it helps my arthritis(at least I think so). I started out at 32 mgs. and now I'm down to 8 mgs. daily. I'm sure you young people out there don't want to be on it forever so, by all means, try to taper off. You are the best judge of yourself.

To those of you who are new here, I am queenie, the grandmother of the forum. I am going to be 74 next month. I am a double amputee and became addicted to painkillers when I was in my 40's but as a result of many surgeries to save my legs 10 years ago, I got terribly addicted. I have been on Suboxone about 4 years or so. To those of you who are starting this very difficult journey, all I can say is PLEASE, don't give up. It's not worth it to relapse. If any of you have any questions for me, please do not hesitate to write to me. I don't mind, really.

I will check up on all of you soon. Stay strong. Don't give up, don't give in to those drugs.

Love you all,
Queenie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:32 pm 

Hugs, Queenie! I don't blame you at all for deciding to stay on suboxone long term. Since you do experience pain, stopping would become a quality of life issue. I'm glad to hear that your doctor is still being supportive too.

Thanks for checking in!!

XOXO
Amy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:56 pm 

Hello our Queen,
Thanks for stopping by to chat with us. It is always good to hear from you. Thank you
for your prayers as well. I do appreciate them.
Im sure you can see and read that many newcomers still join here everyday. All types of recovery.
It is good that you share you story with also.

You really have a fine dr where you are. He trusts you thats for sure. Mine as well. Only see him every 2 months now.

Take care Queenie.

Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:52 pm 

Yeah sounds like u have an excellent doctor queenie! And I totally agree with ur choice to stay on suboxone long term, sounds like a great plan :)

Have a wonderful Sunday!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh finally, QWEENIE!!!omg, I have been dying to talk to you as I want to be one of your grand children. I have been reading and reading and following this forum for about 3 months now and decided just a few days back that I had to join. Queenie you have been so sweet to everyone on here and given such good advice and started some wonderful conversations taboot. I'm so excited to finally talk to you. Happy early birthday Queenie, I lost my grandmother a while back, but we were so close and she spent a lot of the time raising me. I miss her so badly at times I just can't stand it. I know she is in a better place though. Thank you for what you said to the newcomers and I'm not going to give up and I am going to stay strong do what needs to be done to stay clean. Amy is helping me a lot. All the girls are wonderful, Jennjenn, and a few more have given good advice. I just may take you up on that, "write me if you have any questions" because I'm sure you know a lot about things to do with Suboxone being on it the time you have been on it. Yess I'll be private messaging you, ok. So glad you left this message!!! Angie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Bamagurl(Angie) So nice to meet you. I'm glad you followed my story. Sweetheart, you can consider yourself my granddaughter. I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I know exactly how you feel.

You can write to me whenever you like. I promise to check my messages. You sound very positive and that makes me so happy. I'm glad you are making friends here. Everyone is so sweet and supportive. This is the greatest forum. It's like coming in from a blizzard to a warm room with a fireplace full of people that love you.

Kisses & hugs my sweet

Queenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Amy, Razor and jenjenn. How are my sweethearts? Yes, I pray for you every night before I fall asleep.

I will check in periodically. Big hugs and kisses to all of you.

Queenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you queenie. I am going to be praying for you and this forum as well every night. Yess you described it to a "T". This forum, is like coming home. I was reading on here when I first started snooping around this forum. I was like here, RIGHT HERE is where I belong. Here is where I can tell the truth, not be judged and get support. Nothing like this in real life exist anywhere I know of. Girl, I have to check myself. Like just yesterday, I went to my Aunt and Uncle's house to watch the football game. They asked how I'd been doing. Well I started telling them how wonderful I was after finding this forum. And it was a forum for people on Suboxone and how Suboxone has changed my life and so many other peoples lives. I was all caught up in the story I was telling and by the time I noticed how unconfortable everyone was, it was too late. I said to myself, OH, OK, we aren't doing this here. They don't REALLY want to know how I'm doing. They want me to lie and say everything is ok. Basicly like everyone around here wants us to candy coat everything. SAD :oops: But here is like coming home Queenie, like coming in out of a storm. I am so happy since I joined this forum, just wish I hadn't waited so long. But I got to read ALOT around the forum and so glad I did because that is how I found out about your story. Love you Queenie! Angie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:oops: Not everyone around Here, talking about the forum, want us to candy coat everything. BUT everyone in real life around here where I live wants us to candy coat everything. Just wanted to correct that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bamagurl, thank you for sharing that story about how other people feel about our problem. I guess there is no way they can possibly understand what we have gone through and are going through now to try to live sober lives. Angie, I know how you feel. I understand your fight. It's o.k. if they don't find it interesting, if they don't listen. They haven't been there. They haven't had a nasty withdrawal. They have never panicked when we didn't know where our next pill or whatever was going to come from. My daughter lives upstairs(we bought this two-family house 24 years ago) At first she didn't understand my problem. Thank God, now she knows about the forum, she understands my fight and where I was. However, I feel like other people I have mentioned Suboxone to don't seem very interested. Know what, girlfriend? The hell with them, because you are the one has been through hell & back. You be strong and do what you have to do.

I had to fight with so many doctors because they didn't know what Suboxone was. I have been in the hospital in pain and they have made me feel like I was drug seeking. So, I know sweetheart, I know how you felt when you went to see the football game and wanted so much for them to know how you are fighting.

Now look at me going on & on. You have a goodnight and keep in touch with me.

I love you,
Queenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Love you too Queenie, And I want you to go on and on. It makes me feel not so alone in this. Bot just being on this forum lets me know I'm not alone. I'm sorry YOU had trouble with those nasty ol Dr.s! I've had trouble with Dr.s too. I was in a terrible car accident in 1992 when I was 20 and broke everything from my waste down. Hips, legs and ankles and 1 foot. I was filled with steal rods and plated. I was put on a morphine pump for weeks at a time. I was in the hospital in Columbus Ga for 6 weeks and then in Warm Springs, Ga another 6 weeks for physical therapy. From May till the end of August in 1992 I was going through hell and fighting for my strength back. LOL Oh goodness, now I'm rambling on. But I just wanted you to know about my story. We have something in common, our legs tore all up. I'm so so sorry you lost yours Queenie. I don't take mine for granet either. I know I spelled that wrong. But you know what I'm saying. I am very lucky that I had as good a Dr. that I had that night when I came in the emergency room. I could have just as well lost my legs. I did have good Dr.s and the physical therapist in Warm Springs Ga, are out of this world! I wish you could come down here and see them. Do you go to physical Therapy every now and then? The reason I ask, there are some people I met at warm Springs that go up there once a year to build their strength up. And we keep in touch. I have even went up to Warm Springs while they were there getting their treatments. But I want to thank you for your last post. YOU do understand the hell of being an addict and my people here just don't. You made me realize that it's not their fault. They just haven't been there like we have. I can see why it would make them unconfortable to listen to me go on about the Suboxone forum I found. I am just so excited to find a place where so many people are like me. I feel so alone here. I tried to get my mom to read some of the forum and she couldn't wait to jump up when she was through and run outside. Maybe it's too painful for my parents to accept, but God, they are singing praises about Suboxone to me and like my daughter, and a few friends of the family. People that knew the old me. They just can't jet over the change that has occurred in me. I can't either really. I am wondering if this is a medication that I might would benefit from by being on it the rest of my life. Let me close by saying I can't wait to chat it up with you again Queenie. Sorry so long. Angie