It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mom:

Just following up.. How is your daughter doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi momof teen. I almost want to say that I know how you feel because I put myself in that position on an almost daily basis. I have been an addict my whole adult life, I'm 33 now. The last 6 yrs. I have been a slave to the opiates. I have dragged 3 children through it with me. My oldest 2 are 11 and 10 and the youngest is 3. The oldest 2 have lived with my mom the whole time but the baby has been with me and his dad through it all. I would say that they have had it the worst because the baby doesn't know any different. They have no idea why their lives changed so dramatically why their mom isn't around for them on a daily basis. I have been clean for 6 months and all I can think about is what I can do for them when I'm better. Still after this amount of time I still can't get things together enough to due them any good. I think about what I would due if in the future I was faced with what you're going through with your daughter. I would want to say if your life means anything to you you have to stop, but I don't figure that would due any good. It seems that no matter what they know or what they have seen they either know better or it won't happen to them. I wish you and your daughter the best of luck. I think most all of us with children could almost put ourselves in your shoes. Being both parents and addicts we can see both sides. I myself plan to be on suboxone as long as I need to be which will probably be a long time. My reasons for it are because I know me I know that as soon as I don't have something stopping me from it I would be doing it. Iknow that doesn't sound like I have made too much progress, but I have. I have had to start learning how to be an adult because I haven't ever been one. If I were in your position I wouldn't be in too big of hurry because she already knows of the many things out there that make life easier and its so easy to do. She needs all the time she can get to learn how to deal with those hard things in life with having to fight the urge to take the easy way out. Being a teenager is hard enough without having to fight to stay sober on a daily basis. That's all just my opinion and wish you all the best of luck and kep us posted please.