It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:12 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

My doctor always writes me perscription for the tablets but this time when I went to pick them up from my usual pharmacy, they said they now only carry the generics but that they can't get them in until monday but if someone else in the area had them, I could get them filled there. I didn't want to wait til monday so I called every store in the area and only one place had them and I could only get half of them and have more on the way. They are still orange and say AN 15 on them. The sword is gone now. They are really hard to break and the directions now suggest not doing that. Someone said they actually work better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Cost?? How much a pill? I'm paying out of pocket ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The generic is like every other generic drug when first released.... Not much cheaper than the films.

We are lucky that 2 companies are making it and not just one like most new generics.

This will drive price down faster.

Give it time and they will become cheaper.

But as far as them being better.... They are the exact same formula as the brand name tablets. People are just saying that because it's new and we are addicts lol.

I do prefer tablets to the films though.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:31 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I was just trying to figure that out. I picked up a partial refill of 30 tablets of 8/2mg and they ordered more for pick up later on in the week because I need the other 30 8/2mgs. It says it was $300 on my slip. But I'm not sure if that means $300 for 30 tablets or $300 for 60 tablets. If I had to guess, it means $300 for 30 tablets. 10 a piece. I guess I'll ask the pharmacist when I pick up the rest in a few days or so. I really do feel sorry for those without insurance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:36 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

MovieMaker1 wrote:

But as far as them being better.... They are the exact same formula as the brand name tablets. People are just saying that because it's new and we are addicts lol.

I do prefer tablets to the films though.

Probably. Lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks guys.. I gota say ten bucks a piece is higher than my film price of 7.75. I hope your all payed up HW!! If you are then 5 dollars each is a good start for cash payers.. thanks again. I've gotten comfy at 6mgs the last few months.down from 16 last July. But like Mm said, over time tbese generics will drop the prices of all subs.supply and demand....... razor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:51 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for that info healingwaters! I've been meaning to call my pharmacy about the generics, but keep on forgetting. What do you mean when you mentioned the tablets and your pharmacy only carrying generics? Weren't they cancelled at the beginning of the year?

$300 is one hell of a mark up considering they are generics and tablets, not films. What pharmacy is that a price from? I know you didn't have a choice this time but in the future you could call around and get the price of any given pharmacy. If you give them a heads up most places im sure would order ahead of time. They're getting a cut of that cash and wouldn't want to miss out on something so expensive, and even if it wasn't most places would still order ahead of time.

Hahahaha Moviemaker that is so funny yet so true!!

Post subject: calling pharmacies
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just a reminder, if calling around to different pharmacies to check on supply and prices, be sure to tell your provider before you make the switch. We routinely check the PMP to be sure no other scripts are being filled, it also tells us what pharmacy is being used. If you signed a pt agreement it probably has a clause about using only one pharmacy. When I find a discrepancy I use it as a chance for dialogue, not necessarily as a 'gotcha' so you can be kicked out; but I have heard of places doing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:47 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Doc, thanks for that. I'm sure its not an issue though as I know other patients of the same doctor go through different pharmacies and when I once was on the insurance program the clinic offered, I asked if I can have it filled at my local pharmacy in my town and my doctor said yes if your not on the program the clinic offers or are you and I was like oh yes I am and then my doctor says oh then you need to use the pharmacy in the building. But I'm on a different insurance program now. Probably should have ran that by anyway. I'm sure its not a big deal and I don't remember that being in the contract either.