It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Just needing some Help
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was wondering if i should be upfront with my doctor about my suboxone.. I accidently swallowed my sub film a couple of days.. This is my first mounth of having a month supply and running 4 short i havent sold any of my suboxone and have not done any other drug besides suboxones. Should i call my doctor and tell them what happened our just wait out for my appointment. which is two days but im already feeling bad.. i took my last one yesterday and this is day one without any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey FuryKnight,

Can you tough it out until your appointment? That would obviously be your best option. Although it is possible, depending on your dose, that the doctor will give you a UA and realize your levels aren't what they are supposed to be. If it was really an accident, I would tough it out and tell him when you get there on the appointment day what happened and hope he is understanding about it. But calling in for early refills will look bad, and you don't want to start off a new doctor relationship with that kind of record.

What is your prescribed dose? And how the heck did you swallow it by accident?

Post subject: fury
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My perscribed dose is 8mg and 2mg nalox. I dont know i just went down my throat and i had alot of anxiety and im still having alot of anxiety today because of it.. Just hope it all works out my appointment is tomarrow at 11.. Hvae not touched any drugs since i ran out this is day 2 without subs and feeling kinda bad.. Lots of anxiety

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Fury,

Okay, so I would just go in for that regular appointment and not worry to much about it. Is your anxiety related to being scared of him not believing you or from fear of WD? If he doesn't give you a UA he will never know. And if he does, there's a good chance he still won't know. You will still have sub in your system if you haven't missed more than two or three days. When he comes in and asks you how you're doing I would just say you are doing good but that you had a problem with your dosing a couple times and wasted your dose. Ask him if he has any suggestions for you on how you can prevent this from happening in the future, that way he won't think you're trying to hide it if your levels aren't exactly what they are supposed to be. I'm sure you aren't the first patient that has had a hard time with manipulating those strips. Especially since you have only been on it a short time.

As for the WD...how are you feeling? I'm sure you are starting to feel kinda stinky about now. But you can make it, and now you know that you need to be more careful and not allow this to happen in the future. You should be placing the strip under your tongue and hold your tongue very still and try not to swallow for at least 10-15 minutes. Some people hold it even longer. It seems to work best if your mouth is a little dry before you place it under your tongue. You know, like don't drink right before hand. And avoid eating, drinking, or smoking for at least 30 minutes after it is dissolved. I never swallowed one, but I did manage to waste a couple by not holding my tongue still enough and it getting stuck on the back of my teeth instead of where it needed to be. I have also had them stick on my finger and not get under my tongue...but that is more prone to happen when you are cutting them into smaller pieces. If you continue to have a problem with this you could try cutting your dose in half and letting one dissolve then taking the other half. That way if you have a problem with the first one you have your backup. If you get adjusted to 8mg per day, one day of taking 4mg won't bother you too much, then you won't be short at the end of the month.

If there is something you wanted to know that I didn't cover just let us know. My knowledge is limited, but there are enough of us here that SOMEONE will be able to give you good advice about whatever you need. Hang in there friend, and welcome to the forum!